Weirdest comment... ?

Options

Replies

• mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    "Thank god you're losing weight- you're so much prettier now" Uhhhh, thanks douchenozzle.

Wow. AssHat award goes to that person!!!!!
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    damn, I don't get compliments, regardless if it's weird...WTF?!?!

I get the stare though..people trying to figure out if I'm White, Arab, Turkish, Spanish...lol
  • heartsoulshannon
    heartsoulshannon Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The one I get most commonly is how great I look "for a mother of three". Can't I just look great period? haha.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Since my weight loss "You're husband must LOVE this new look" or "I know your hubby's happy". As if he wasn't as happy before, ugh!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The one I get most commonly is how great I look "for a mother of three". Can't I just look great period? haha.

Yeah, I hate that one too.
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    "I guess she's the beauty and you're the brains!"
    "Not everybody can look good and be smart, at least you have your education!"

I get comments like those more often than you would think :|

Jerks.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    FFS! I HOPE I LOOK OLDER!!!

AHA! I've been trying to figure out what 'FFS' meant, and in that context, I just got it. :wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    "Thank god you're losing weight- you're so much prettier now" Uhhhh, thanks douchenozzle.

Most people are more attractive when they lose weight. I know I am.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know.... @jac- it really was the way they said it....
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The other day this" Oooops! Don't want to bump in to you , you might break in half. 6' 173lbs.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    I was leaving the office for a run and one girl says "Why are you still going running, you're already slim" I was like (in my best b!tchy voice).. "uhh because I like running and not everyone works out to lose weight".

I love this one. "Why are you eating a salad, why are you working out, you are already in shape." Um, how do you think I got this way? I also intend to STAY this way.

I get that one too all the time "you dont need to lose weight, why are you dieting" "you dont need to work out"
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You're quite pretty for a redhead!

or

I remember you when you were young - I never thought you'd turn out to be so pretty

or

(following a hospital procedure) you have a really beautiful bladder.

Creepy doctor told me my abdomen was breathtaking. *right now is when you get your hands off my abdomen old man*
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    You're quite pretty for a redhead!

or

I remember you when you were young - I never thought you'd turn out to be so pretty

or

(following a hospital procedure) you have a really beautiful bladder.

Creepy doctor told me my abdomen was breathtaking. *right now is when you get your hands off my abdomen old man*

Yeahhhh, thats pretty creepy.
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    People at work are finally starting to take notice of my weight loss. One I got the other day... 'Wow, you've lost weight! Are you ill?"
    Sigh.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Since my weight loss "You're husband must LOVE this new look" or "I know your hubby's happy". As if he wasn't as happy before, ugh!

haha, I get that one, too. He married Skeletor HOPING I would eventually decide being skinny was no longer cool and I'd get hip to being healthy, then take that a step further and start competing. He totally saw it coming.... Some people....
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options

Wow. AssHat award goes to that person!!!!!

Super Huge Bonus Points go to you for the use of Asshat! Love that term! and very fitting in this case too! :)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    "Your almost invisible" (I'm still a good 40lbs overweight)
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,933 Member
    Options
    I walked up to a group of coworkers I don't see all that often. As I got close, I said "Hi" and one of the guys replied "We were just discussing whether that was you or not. Man, you look different!"
  • GeorgiaElliot
    Options
    I believe most comments are supposed to be complimentary, but talking about a person's weight is so taboo, no one knows the rules on what is polite when trying to say something nice. Saying nothing is almost just as bad. I say take the nice and chalk up the rest to an awkward delivery
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Edit: Never mind, I apparently worded my point poorly and caused offense. Again. Common problem with me. Please accept my apologies for any offense I may have caused.