Jillian M. 30 day Shred!

Options

Replies

• jeb2020
    jeb2020 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is started this today, and boy or boy did it kick my butt! Just what I needed. Seeing those before and after pictures really motivated me. Count me in.
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    Count me in I will start it tomorrow.
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    Update: Today was day 10 of level 1...tomorrow onto day 1 of 10 of level 2.

:love: LOVED level 1, really helped me focus on toning and doing each exercise right.

Plus side, I lost 2 pounds in 10 days. Doesn't sound like a lot, but I had plateaued and was
    stuck at prior weight. I don't give up and just had to find a new way to burn it off. One thing I have
    learned about this new lifestyle, you must always be willing to shock your body a bit in the
    exercise department. Our bodies get used to the same calorie amounts and the same
    exercise, therefore being not as effective after the same routine day in and day out.

On to level 2....here I come. :wink:
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Today was day 1 of level 1. I struggled through but felt really good when it was all done. I was going to take off tomorrow b/c Sunday is usually my rest day but, if possible, I'm going to do the 30 straight. We will ALL have fabulous results in the end! :happy:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 and it's made up of 3 circuits (cardio, strength, and abs). You do each circuit then repeat with new exercises. There's not enough cardio in it to replace running I don't feel. In fact, I am planning on adding cardio because I don't feel I am getting enough with 30DS alone.

I completed 30 DS and Ripped In 30 while running 2-3 days a week...so both DVDs took me a little longer than 30 days. IMO the additional cardio certainly helps :)
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm on D8L1 and took a break between day 3 and 4 because I was so sore (and its GOOD to let your muscles rest and rebuild from the strength training). Day 1 and 2 I was ding, yesterday on D7 I was barely breaking a sweat. The only thing I still have a problem with is the anterior raises/lunges, so once I can do those completely I'll move on to L2.
  • jeb2020
    jeb2020 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.
    I just finished day 4. It was going great thus far, I thought I felt myself manage the exercises a little better I even felt better already. But when I stepped onto the scale I was horrified to see I gained weight!!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Am i overeacting and should I just continue? Advise please!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some cardio along with 30DS - my goal is to do a minimum of 25 minutes in addition to Shred. I am so energized after I finish the workout that I need to burn some of that energy off!
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    I do cardio as well. I found that once I started this new life of working out, that I just can't do my day without starting with cardio first and atm....JM 30 day shred.

Level 2, is a kick and different! :-) I can so feel the difference in most every part of my body. Love that it strengthens and tones :-) I am almost to my weight goal and I do believe without adding this other type of exercise to my workout, that I would still be flat lining.
  • Kraz371
    Kraz371 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried 30 day shred and did lose 15 lbs! I had the luxury of a personal trainer test me as a "lab rat" for this program. It does kick your butt, BUT it is totally worth the 30 days if you can commit. Good luck
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Started two days ago and feeling it already hahaa! (: Anyone add me for support, I think it's a great little workout series :)
  • alabamacutie2005
    Options
    Hi!! I bought this dvd about a month ago and I did it for about a week and missed a day and next thing I know its been a week since I did it :(. I too would like to start it up again. My friend used it and lost like 20 pounds. I need some friends on here that will help keep me motivated and I will in turn do the same for them. feel free to add me and we can do this together. I am 27 and I am wanting to lose about 20 pounds or more.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Just did day 7 of level 1 and I am so feeling it! I havent seen much of a change on the scale but I have lost an inch off my waist and a half from my upper arms. I've also increased my endurance by quite a bit and can make it through the workouts better. My calves are really sore though! I watched level two today and I'm a little intimadated!
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im starting tomorrow morning!!! Sending you a request!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I started today! Anyone who would like to support/encourage each other, feel free to add me!
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Ripped in 30. I've only done it 3 times and I don't plan on doing it every day - just every other. And I want to do each level 5 times before I move on so it's gonna take me more than 30 days to do it all. I did 30 day shred before and never got past level 2. I'm determined to make it with Ripped in 30. So far I like it better. It's amazing how much stronger you feel after JM videos - even just the first couple of times! Good luck everyone. :)
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This is my third time doing this program and I also add cardio with it, at least 30 minutes.. I have done a few other programs and always come back to the shred as I have had amazing results and my results from my first go round, I took measurement, weight and pics which I have in my blog.. feel free to add me.. I am on Level 1 day 4 as of tomorrow!!!
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just bought it. Am I understanding right that you do each level for so many days? Or is there one for each day. I did the first one today and it looked like there were only three. This was every exercise I hated in gym class way, way back in high school. I am vowing to stick with it and my boxing and eventually start couch to 5k.

Me and my hubby started the couch to 5k 4 weeks ago!! You can do it!! On the 30DS, do level one until you feel it is a little easier. If it takes 2 weeks then do 2 weeks. We started it today after much research. Man, it kicked our butts!! We both have been doing the gym, running, AND doing Body Works plus Abs and it STILL wore us smooth out!! Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.
    I just finished day 4. It was going great thus far, I thought I felt myself manage the exercises a little better I even felt better already. But when I stepped onto the scale I was horrified to see I gained weight!!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Am i overeacting and should I just continue? Advise please!
    I am almost finished the 30 day shred ( tomorrow is day 30) and yes in the beginning I gained some weight but it came off the next week. In total I lost about 4 lbs but.... I lost 2 inches off each my waist, hips and bust and an inch off my arms. I am also way more toned all over. Just make sure that u are eating enough calories and stick to it... You will see results. Good luck!
  • alleykatwill
    alleykatwill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started Level 1 Day 1 Today! Feel free to add me as friend! :-)