Bad advice to son?

Options
13»

Replies

• stepgingerly
    Options
    I'd stick to the love and logic approach. When your son is spending time with you, encourage a healthy relationship with food and a dedication to having a healthy strong body. He's old enough that he'll start making his own comparison's with what dad's doing. My brother did lots of football stuff in HS, trying to lose weight and build muscle. It all worked of course, and he was a ripped kid, but his day-to-day food and exercise choices were never a part of the equation. Now that he's grown up with no daily sports and stuff, he doesn't have the tool-box for dealing in moderation with food or exercise. It's all or nothing. Just make sure your son has that tool-box for making good choices when dad and the personal trainer are long gone from his daily decisions...
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your advice and input! I really do appreciate it! You've given me a lot to think about. His dad and I are going to talk privately about this tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!