Very muscly legs... Anything I can do?

Options
13»

Replies

• HealthIsMyHobby
    HealthIsMyHobby Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Can't change your genetics.

Pretty much- need to learn to love it- or at least be grateful you have legs...

Yeah, greatful to have legs sounds like good advice. I also focus on thinking of health as a hobbby. It can always be a work in progress, and a process to be enjoyed rather than a problem to be solved.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Can relate to the calf issue, I have an athletic build, according to my trainer, and my calves are like 13.5 inches currently. I only have to walk somewhat each day and they seem to grow overnight, lol ( Obviously, I am joking, I know muscle doesn't develop overnight really). Not much I can do about it, short of turning sedentary so they shrink back, and that would not be a healthy way to live.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I also have weird shaped feet. They are as long as they are wide. My husband likes to say I have box feet or Flintstones feet lol.

Oh my! My feet are a very odd shape, but in a different way - my toes are all exactly the same length. You know with most people, the big toe is the longest, then each toe after that gets progressively smaller? Mine don't do that. They are flat across the top. Which means I can't fit into any pointed shoe, and I can't wear any open-toed shoe without looking ridiculous! I have to wear converses or pumps all the time.
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have wide feet and short feet and high instep. Makes find shoes hard.
  • ojtabor
    ojtabor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it's time for designers to take into account that some people have beautifully muscular calves when they make their skinny jeans. It's their fault! :happy:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    OP, just small reminder: try to control sodium intake. otherwise they will swollen during the afternoon hours like crazy, even more unbearable. :(
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have very large calves, nearly 17" at their largest point, but all muscle. I never minded the calves themselves, but hated not being able to find boots that fit. My friend who is a dancer with large (but not as large as me) calves told me about some boots made by Aerosoles that fit. Not all, but some of the Aerosoles brands (including A2 at Kohls) are already cut bigger, and some even have a second half-zipper that you can unzip! My dancer friend just unzips the zipper to get the boots over her skinny jeans, then rezips. I can't even get the boots on without putting the zipper down, so I wear them with the zipper down. I really like that these boots aren't baggy in the ankle, and I can partially zip the zipper if needed. I have 4 different styles, and went from not being able to wear any boots to wearing them all winter last year!! A word of caution - not every website says anything about the boots being for wide calf or having the second zipper, but if you look at a picture that shows the top inside of the boot, you can kind of see that there are two zippers.

Also, I found some skinny jeans that fit over my calves (and under my double zipper boots!) at Anne Taylor Loft outlet. I think they are the modern skinny, not the classic skinny. This was also the first time I ever found a pair to fit.

Keep in mind we are all different shapes and sizes, and clothing and shoe manufacturers can't make a one size fits all item. AS I learned from What not to Wear, sometimes you just have to try on a ton of things before you find the right one for you!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Muscles are hot. Love them. Screw skinny jeans. Leave them for the hipsters.

^ Beautifully said.