Girls, how many calories are you eating?

Options

Replies

• fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 167 lbs and was eating 1200 per day but plateaued and just upped my calories to 1400.. I'm so freaked out I'm going to end up gaining weight. How many calories are you guys eating and what are your stats?

I can't consistently stay with 1200 cals.
  • omanitshann
    Options
    5'7, 123 pounds, and i eat around 2,000 calories a day, but I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm just maintaining
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    1300 cals... Net 1000 sometimes lower.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    5'4
    233.2lbs (started at 240.9)

I eat 1500 cals a day and I DO NOT eat back my exercise calories. It doesnt work for me.
    I have 40/30/30 macros Carb/Fat/Protein and I try to get at least 100gs of protein a day.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I eat 2100 doing Whole30. I don't eat back exercise calories, but depending on the day I can burn 800+easily.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what works for everyone else. Based on your stats, your Basic Metabolic Rate is 1564. That's how many calories you'd burn if you spent 24 hours in bed. If you ate that everyday...you'd still lose weight, albeit slowly. 1400 is probably a good starting point for an increase.

You would need almost 1900 calories a day to maintain your weight. 1400 calories a day is a 500 calorie deficit (assuming you eat exercise calories.) You won't gain weight!
  • caslyn3
    caslyn3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    5'2, 218 lbs Supposed to eat 1620 cals a day.. on average I eat about 1200 -1300 a day. Maybe less on the weekend.. I work out about 3-4 times a week.. 1-2 lbs down every week. Going on 80 days and I have lost 20 lbs!!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    5' 2 1/2" and eating 1600 calories a day. I work out 3x a week and the scale is moving in the right direction.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Supposed to do 1560 a day, I eat 1400+. When I exercise, I try to net at least 1200.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    5'6, currently 192.2 pounds
    I eat around 2,000 calories a day.
    I work out every day!
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    5'2, 157lbs, 1200-1250 calories a day. I've been slacking on workouts lately though ):
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    5'3 here.

MFP is set to 1400 and I eat back all the exercise calories (both cardio and strength.. Well, I add 300 on strength days). So really, I eat between 1700 and 1900. Still losing!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", weight is 158. I was eating at 1590, then 1700...kept fluctuating my weight. Used a chart someone had here on MPF, upped my cals to 2130 last week based on my exercise and lost 2 lbs the first week. I had been fluctuating 160-163 for three months eating at lower cals. I do NOT eat my exercise cals back and am actually eating about 1900/day average.
  • gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 167 lbs and was eating 1200 per day but plateaued and just upped my calories to 1400.. I'm so freaked out I'm going to end up gaining weight. How many calories are you guys eating and what are your stats?

5'1" working out 3x a week can easily eat 1600-1800 and still lose fat.
    Lift weights and youll be amazed!

Give fat a reason not to exist!
    Eat right and move right!

I'm 5'1" 140 lbs & workout 3-4/week. I was eating 1200 until last week when I read ^^^this guy's posts! I recently upped it to 1600.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0", 122lb. I eat anywhere between 1,400-2,000 calories a day whilst trying to net at 1,200-1,600.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently 123 lbs (down from about 140)

I started on here at 1200 a day, but being around my mum and my friends, they literally would not let me eat that little, thought it was dangerous, so (because I was already working out a lot, I just upped it a bit) I ended up working out about 3 hours a day so that I'd have all the exercise cals to eat so I could still net 1100-1200 but eat 2000 and make my friends and family happy. I then had no access to a scale for a month. Next time i weighed myself I'd GAINED 10 pounds. And now I have shin splints and insomnia from overexercise. I think stressing so much over trying to burn so many calories made my body produce a lot of cortisol, causing it to retain fat. That, and the muscle I was building from working out meant I gained.

Now, as I can't do any high impact cardio at all, it'd be impossible for my goal to be on 1200, so I've upped it to 1600, lowered my deliberate cardio (as in, go to the gym to burn cals, though if I end up having to walk my dog twice, too, I'll log that as well) to about an hour a day and I've suddenly dropped 6 lbs again. AND I'm sleeping properly again, and my shin splints are healing.

Don't be worried about raising! It's only once you raise your net cals to over about 2000 a day that you'd gain! 2000 is the daily recommendation for women.
  • terimjohnson
    terimjohnson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'2, lost 16.5 lbs since June 9th, 40 more to go-eating 12-1400 a day, moderate exercise 3x a week-but like the other person, 1400 is what was set for me based on my BMR!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I started on here at 1200 a day, but being around my mum and my friends, they literally would not let me eat that little, thought it was dangerous, so (because I was already working out a lot, I just upped it a bit) I ended up working out about 3 hours a day so that I'd have all the exercise cals to eat so I could still net 1100-1200 but eat 2000 and make my friends and family happy. I then had no access to a scale for a month. Next time i weighed myself I'd GAINED 10 pounds. And now I have shin splints and insomnia from overexercise. I think stressing so much over trying to burn so many calories made my body produce a lot of cortisol, causing it to retain fat. That, and the muscle I was building from working out meant I gained.

Now, as I can't do any high impact cardio at all, it'd be impossible for my goal to be on 1200, so I've upped it to 1600, lowered my deliberate cardio (as in, go to the gym to burn cals, though if I end up having to walk my dog twice, too, I'll log that as well) to about an hour a day and I've suddenly dropped 6 lbs again. AND I'm sleeping properly again, and my shin splints are healing.

Don't be worried about raising! It's only once you raise your net cals to over about 2000 a day that you'd gain! 2000 is the daily recommendation for women.

wow that's awful you worked so hard to gain. They just did an article about exercising more than an hour per day regularly is actually bad for your heart, as well. Glad you're losing again and thanks for the advice!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 6 feet tall and I eat 2000 cals. Except tonight I wasn't feeling well and stopped just at BMR (1860).
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

wow that's awful you worked so hard to gain. They just did an article about exercising more than an hour per day regularly is actually bad for your heart, as well. Glad you're losing again and thanks for the advice!

Maybe if you regularly over train, but most doctors recommend that obese people (w/o any other conditions) exercise for at least an hour a day to take weight off. The body will produce cortisol if it is over-worked.