Girls, how many calories are you eating?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I really like making you pop into these threads...it's like summoning a genie :bigsmile:

:blush:

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    2200-2400 on average (5'8, 160 in maintenance) ... Today more like 2700 cos I've walked 18000 steps and not done yet

@winogelato is 5'2 and on 2200, aren't you lovey

There is no reason to have to eat stupidly low calories

Very close. I haven't been getting as many this summer because of work schedule and per my FitBit my TDEE dropped to 2100. It really does make a huge difference to be active, as a petite female I was really struggling when I was more sedentary and limited as to how much food I could eat. A concentrated effort to become more active has had multiple benefits, especially more food!

How active are you again? I really hate cardio so have a low-ish TDEE for my height/weight. I try to increase NEAT but it doesn't seem to be enough to make a difference. At 140 and 5'4", 10-12k steps per day, weight lifting 4x per week, I got 1800-1900 for maintenance.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    2200-2400 on average (5'8, 160 in maintenance) ... Today more like 2700 cos I've walked 18000 steps and not done yet

Very close. I haven't been getting as many this summer because of work schedule and per my FitBit my TDEE dropped to 2100. It really does make a huge difference to be active, as a petite female I was really struggling when I was more sedentary and limited as to how much food I could eat. A concentrated effort to become more active has had multiple benefits, especially more food!

How active are you again? I really hate cardio so have a low-ish TDEE for my height/weight. I try to increase NEAT but it doesn't seem to be enough to make a difference. At 140 and 5'4", 10-12k steps per day, weight lifting 4x per week, I got 1800-1900 for maintenance.
    I walk and do circuit training with light weights 3x a week. I average 13-15k steps/day.

5'2 and 120, been maintaining using Fitbit estimates for over a year.
  • arditarose
    Options

I walk and do circuit training with light weights 3x a week. I average 13-15k steps/day.

5'2 and 120, been maintaining using Fitbit estimates for over a year.

That's not much more than me...and you're shorter and lighter. I fail.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

That seems quite low @arditarose

What were your bulking cals?
  • arditarose
    Options

That seems quite low @arditarose

What were your bulking cals?

Started at 2000, ended around 2100-2220
  • arditarose
    Options
    It's pretty stinky. I have to drop pretty low to see any weight loss.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Sucks

I do find the marginal increase from 10000-12000 to 15000 steps quite significant ...not that I'm suggesting you need to walk more but that extra 3000 tends to be an additional 200-250 calories..it seems to escalate the numbers as they get higher tbh
  • arditarose
    Options
    Sucks

I do find the marginal increase from 10000-12000 to 15000 steps quite significant ...not that I'm suggesting you need to walk more but that extra 3000 tends to be an additional 200-250 calories..it seems to escalate the numbers as they get higher tbh

That's helpful actually. Maybe if I keep it more consistently closer to 15000 I'd see a difference.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Sucks

I think you are right, there does seem to be a sharper uptick in calorie burn around the 14k-15k step/day threshold. I've heard though that for big step counts there's a law of diminishing returns that over 25k it doesn't seem like it continues the same trajectory.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I think @RunRutheeRun is similar stats to me and may be able to confirm how it correlates to step count.

Since Sue summoned me into this thread I figured I would try it on someone else...
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Sucks

That's helpful actually. Maybe if I keep it more consistently closer to 15000 I'd see a difference.

Seems worth a shot if it's really ticking you off
  • arditarose
    Options
    Sucks

Yeah. I just have a nice balance going as far as an activity level I could pretty much maintain for a long long time. It'd be nice to be able to eat a solid 2200 calories though. 1800 is a struggle.

Not to derail but while I have you ladies here. I have one of those cheap fitbit zips. Sometimes I really don't move much so I get a reading of like 1600 calories for TDEE (when I'm closer to 10k). Anyway, is it worth syncing that up with MFP and running a little experiment as to it's accuracy?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Sucks

Or if you fancy more food. ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Sucks

Yeah. I just have a nice balance going as far as an activity level I could pretty much maintain for a long long time. It'd be nice to be able to eat a solid 2200 calories though. 1800 is a struggle.

Not to derail but while I have you ladies here. I have one of those cheap fitbit zips. Sometimes I really don't move much so I get a reading of like 1600 calories for TDEE (when I'm closer to 10k). Anyway, is it worth syncing that up with MFP and running a little experiment as to it's accuracy?

Mine is synced ..and I overwrite with gym workouts

I've found it a pretty accurate guide to my calories over time, althoug it used to underestimate and now not so much so I think my calorie counting has got a little laxer..still I'm still maintaining ...are you sure it's set up right? The readout on it does not extrapolate to midnight, but when you synch to MFP the adjustments it passes over does

It's worth the experiment ..but you'd have to give it a couple of months with bio feedback IME
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    also trendweight.com synch
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1200, I don't exercise much
  • arditarose
    Options
    also trendweight.com synch

I use the trend weight app but I don't know what it would synch to MFP
  • arditarose
    Options
    Sucks

Mine is synced ..and I overwrite with gym workouts

I've found it a pretty accurate guide to my calories over time, althoug it used to underestimate and now not so much so I think my calorie counting has got a little laxer..still I'm still maintaining ...are you sure it's set up right? The readout on it does not extrapolate to midnight, but when you synch to MFP the adjustments it passes over does

It's worth the experiment ..but you'd have to give it a couple of months with bio feedback IME

I honestly never paid attention to the calories on it.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    5'9", 125lbs (GW was 130 but struggling to get maintenance cals right as a runner)? Trying 2200-2300 right now