• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Large amounts of hummus. Yikes!

I love hummus lol!
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Only bananas. I can eat tons of beans no problem, but a half a raw banana KILLS me.
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Beans don't give me gas, lucky because I eat them often

lies I tell you. You're not awake when you're sleeping. But i often am.

Babe, not lies, I was awake when I let loose those 3 farts, you just thought I was sleeping lol!

You were awake with those farts but you clearly have no recollection of the farts you let loose when you were actually asleep.

This could completely be a conversation between me and my husband! lol

To stay on topic, there haven't been any issues (with either of us!) since cutting out wheat :wink:
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Anything by Fiber One. Bad stomach cramps too.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    those Fiber One bars, those Quaker oatmeal bars, peanut butter, and anything dairy.
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

To stay on topic, there haven't been any issues (with either of us!) since cutting out wheat :wink:

Just to clarify, it's not smelly anyway lol *now I'm feeling too awkward on this topic - I think I'll leave* :laugh:
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    BROCCOLI (raw & cooked). i had no idea where my constant uncomfortable bloating/gas came from until i read that broccoli gives you gas. i was eating it EVERY DAY when i decided to cut it out and now...gas-free! thanks goodness.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Just to clarify, it's not smelly anyway lol *now I'm feeling too awkward on this topic - I think I'll leave* :laugh:

No need to feel awkward. Unless stated, I'm assuming foods that cause gas are odorless. There are several foods which cause me to become a gas producing monster, yet they don't smell, at least not to me. And there are other foods which will cause me to let loose one small silent fart and it can strip the paint off a wall!
  • ashshrinks
    Options
    :tongue: Milk - it's more the lactos that does it......and protein shakes
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    milk and refined carbs. :(
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Eat anything enough and that will stop. True story! Whey used to give me awesome, room clearing, call the doctor gas. Nothing anymore.

LOL! It helps if you rinse beans well before you prepare them, thats why i stopped eating baked beans, cant rinse them. Whey yes, at first I agree.... alcohol and bad food, bad gas. Oh and bread, ew.... I gave it up 5 months ago and now whenever I eat it, i bloat up and feel very uncomfortable!
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    if it's food, it gives me gas.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options

No need to feel awkward. Unless stated, I'm assuming foods that cause gas are odorless. There are several foods which cause me to become a gas producing monster, yet they don't smell, at least not to me. And there are other foods which will cause me to let loose one small silent fart and it can strip the paint off a wall!

hahahaha!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Eat anything enough and that will stop. True story! Whey used to give me awesome, room clearing, call the doctor gas. Nothing anymore.

LOL! It helps if you rinse beans well before you prepare them, thats why i stopped eating baked beans, cant rinse them. Whey yes, at first I agree.... alcohol and bad food, bad gas. Oh and bread, ew.... I gave it up 5 months ago and now whenever I eat it, i bloat up and feel very uncomfortable!

True, soaking beans removes some of the oligosaccharides which cause gas :-)
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Milk

But only recently and I have no idea why because I used to drink like 30 ounces a day

>.> I LOVEEEEEE milk

You may have developed lactose intolerance. It's fairly common for many people to develop intolerance in their adulthood. I developed mine around 26-27.

It's possible, I thought about it, but no other dairy products do it, just milk. Just last week I drank 22 ounces of milk in one day and was fine and this week, I cut back on milk and now I have it and BAM hazardous zone. Cheese/eggs/ice cream i'm good... nothing else dairy wise does it just my favorite old cow milk
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Not much does it these days because my body is used to high fiber, but egg yolks and lentils are still a problem for me. :blushing:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Milk

But only recently and I have no idea why because I used to drink like 30 ounces a day

>.> I LOVEEEEEE milk

You may have developed lactose intolerance. It's fairly common for many people to develop intolerance in their adulthood. I developed mine around 26-27.

It's possible, I thought about it, but no other dairy products do it, just milk. Just last week I drank 22 ounces of milk in one day and was fine and this week, I cut back on milk and now I have it and BAM hazardous zone. Cheese/eggs/ice cream i'm good... nothing else dairy wise does it just my favorite old cow milk

I'm the same way. Cow's milk will give me the bubble guts, but i'm fine with cheese, ice cream, etc. but once in a while buttermilk will get me going also :-(
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Bubble Guts?!? I've never heard that term before - it's absolutely horrifying! I now have a new term for what Fast Food does to my insides... :sick:
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    Bubble Guts?!? I've never heard that term before - it's absolutely horrifying! I now have a new term for what Fast Food does to my insides... :sick:

here we call it the "BG's" to be more discreet.