What is your favorite weight loss item?

Options

Replies

• korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Elliptical

I think HRM is better than fit bit for exercise calories burned, but it doesn't track what you burn with normal daily activities like the fit bit is said to do...so depends on what you are wanting to monitor

I like zumba for videos
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My "Juicer"
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but... my mobile phone.
    I have the C25K app installed and downloading and using it was one of the best things that ever happened for my fitness and "get healthy" plan.
    I can listen to music, track my path through the GPS and have a training plan that makes me both follow a plan and feel happy about achieving better results.

My Garmin forerunner with the HRM comes second and the Xbox Kinect follows close for in-house training.

EDIT: I forgot my sports bra - I just realised I couldn't do anything of the above without it!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    freebase.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I have one single item that is my favorite because they are all VITAL to my exercise goals. Here are a few.

MyFitnessPal first and foremost. Free!
    My Brooks shoes (I had my feet scanned and was fitted for them) About $100.00
    Polar Ft4 heart rate monitor that motivates me and shows me the amount of calories I have burned in a certain amount of time - it is based on MY weight, height and age. $70.00
    Under Armour clothes that keep me cool and not chafed (including tshirts, bras and shorts) I found T's as low as $16.00, bras at Cabelas for $29.00.
    Body Glide for when my thighs used to rub together- was a Godsend. I think it was about $7.00 at ****'s sporting goods
    My bike with the big butt, gel seat. Free, inherited from my mother!
    Good socks (non cotton) to keep me from getting blisters and callouses.I bought mine at Walmart but I forget the brand but it has a pink label on it. About $6.00
    My Costa polarized sunglasses that made being outside in the sun much more comfortable plus they don't slide off my head when I sweat like crazy. $159.00 I think.
    Pedometer App for my phone, free.
    All of the above were/are crucial to my fitness!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    kitchen scale

(others are gym membership, good shoes, good sports bra, MFP, frozen greens and tea)
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    MFP, food scale, freeweights, my bicycle and my Polar FT7 HRM!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Reusable flip-top water bottle

Digital kitchen scale

Barbells and dumbbells

Sexy tank tops that don't show sweat from Old Navy :laugh:
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The used treadmill I bought almost six years ago.....best $200 investment of my life. That being said, I like my FitBit, and I love yogurt smoothies (yogurt, frozen fruit, splash of sugar-free drink (like Crystal Light Cherry Limeaid).
    Kaye
  • sandyyy712
    Options
    1. my camelbak water bottle---> it actually makes me drink MORE water cuz it has a cool mouthpiece

2. i have a fitbit and I love it

3. good shoes are essential if you're planning on running or something. New balance has worked well for me, my adidas shoes however gave poor arch support and I ended up injuring my foot for a week so i wouldnt reccomend them
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My birthday is next week also. I have to say good shoes and more than one pair. I switch every other day. I have Brooks. I pronate very badly and without good shoes, I would not be able to walk the next day.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1. My food scale and measuring cups/spoons - portions are not what I once thought they were

2. MFP - learning about BMR, TDEE and all the opinions helped me focus on what works for me (once I got past being overwhelmed)

3. My Ftibit - I love it it show the calories I've burned for the day so even while resting I know if I am staying under in calories, the combo of MFP and Fitbit has been my magic pill...

4. A large ugly recumbent bike in my living room

5. Realizing I like body resistance exercises to keep lean body mass, planks, squats, oblique crunches, etc.

Good luck :drinker:
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    A barbell.

:drinker:
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My Vitamix by far.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My hiking boots.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo videos

True story!
  • jen350z
    jen350z Posts: 48
    Options
    I would have to agree with some other member.. my music means a lot to me in the gym!!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo videos

True story!

I knew it!! Knew u were a billy blanks groupie. Lol
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My favorite weight loss item is definitely my yoga mat. It's inexpensive, small, and easy to hide away.
    There is something about starting the day with a few sun salutations in the morning that sets me in the right frame of mind and ending with a few moon salutations that keeps me there. Plus using yoga in between helps me better than any stretching when I'm done with cardio! Also, I use it for my core work and any other floor work I do.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hrm for sure.