You know what really bugs me....

Options
I'm rather bored at work today so I thought I'd see about posting a topic.

Just post things that really bug you, just get it off your chest. :)

What really bugs me is..
That I woke up this morning and looked at my Facebook to find that EVERY SINGLE UPDATE was either a picture or a status about their child starting school today. While some were older married women, most of them were ladies my age (23). Their child is either in Kindergarden, 1st grade, or 2nd grade.
I mean...what happened to waiting. All but about 3 ladies that I know my age are either married, have children, are divorced! some are all three!
I'm happy for them and glad that they have the cute kiddos (I like kids...and I can give these back after I've given them too much candy), but what happened to just being 23? I feel like im a minority of the ladies I know these days.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you dislike these people so much then take them off your facebook page. I'm sure they would not want to be friends with you if they read this.
  • Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm with you! I've always been about being young when you can. Why rush into marriage/kids? I know someone who got married at 21 and will be having babies soon. I'm 22 and I know I want to probably do a couple more years of school, work for at least a few years, be able to travel and enjoy my 20s before (if) I have babies. I have a 23 yr old friend who is single and wants to get married and have kids NOW. To each his own I guess. I just feel like when I'm 60, I'm gonna regret not enjoying my youth because I had kids 5 years earler than I could have.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Seems to me you are a little much judgemental of people who chose a different direction with their lives.

You say whatever happened to waiting, and I say whatever happened to being happy with your choices and not worrying about others.
  • tmj2191
    tmj2191 Posts: 76
    Options
    If you dislike these people so much then take them off your facebook page. I'm sure they would not want to be friends with you if they read this.

That^^^^^
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    Wow, really?!
    I wasn't doing this to be judgemental towards them. I actually said that I'm happy for them, and I really am. At least they know where they are going with their lives, I don't.

I never said it was a bad thing for them to choose that direction. I know it's their lives. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm old enough to BE at the point in my life. THAT is where I was going.

I'm not trying to be judgemental towards them. I'm completely happy with my choices, just as I know they are happy with theirs. I was simply stating that it bugs me that I'm at the point in my life now where this happens.

I guess I should have added that to it, made it a little more clear that this was a post about me feeling OLD, not about me hating everyone.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Why is it that as soon as someone expresses an opinion on here, they are quickly branded as judgmental?

That is what really bugs me, in answer to the original question of this post.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You never know why, nor should it matter, why people make the choices they make.

Judge me if you will, but I had two children by the time I was 19. I also had a hysterectomy at 23 because I had cancer. If I had not had my children so early, I would not have had any. My friends' kids are starting kindergarten - my oldest is starting high school.

I will be all of 37 when my youngest graduates. I will (God willing!) get to experience so much of their lives with them, and it's wonderful.

And, though I was a teen mom, I am doing well financially, and raising my kids right without any help. And I have been cancer free for 9 years. And I would not have it ANY other way. If any of my facebook friends were as judgemental as you are, they would not be my friends.
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    and I can see that this topic is going NOWHERE positive any time soon, sooo.

This is done. Clearly, what I said was taken wrong.

Have a good day!
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    Why is it that as soon as someone expresses an opinion on here, they are quickly branded as judgmental?

That is what really bugs me, I guess, in answer to the original question of this post.

I've noticed that a lot around here. On any topic really.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Seems to me you are a little much judgemental of people who chose a different direction with their lives.

You say whatever happened to waiting, and I say whatever happened to being happy with your choices and not worrying about others.
    \

Yea, I'm sure most of them "chose" to have kids at 17-20.
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    You never know why, nor should it matter, why people make the choices they make.

Judge me if you will, but I had two children by the time I was 19. I also had a hysterectomy at 23 because I had cancer. If I had not had my children so early, I would not have had any. My friends' kids are starting kindergarten - my oldest is starting high school.

I will be all of 37 when my youngest graduates. I will (God willing!) get to experience so much of their lives with them, and it's wonderful.

And, though I was a teen mom, I am doing well financially, and raising my kids right without any help. And I have been cancer free for 9 years. And I would not have it ANY other way. If any of my facebook friends were as judgemental as you are, they would not be my friends.

Just wanted to give you this: :flowerforyou:
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You know what really bugs me?

Bugs.

They are creepy, and I do not like them.

To recap, I am a wuss - that is all.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options

That is what really bugs me, I guess, in answer to the original question of this post.

I've noticed that a lot around here. On any topic really.

How to start an argument on MFP:
    1. Post a topic or discussion concerning anything.
    2. Wait.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Maybe if I say that what really bugs me is when I have to explain "basic addition" to someone in customer service at the grocery store :grumble: that will take the edge off!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I miss the days when a father sold the rights to marry his daughter when she turned fourteen. What happened to that?

You can be happy for someone while still being judgmental [and you are being judgmental]. You're twenty-three. You've already lived over a quarter of your life expectancy. Some people settle down and start a family [and some people accidentally start a family, but that's neither here nor there]. That's just the way things go.

But to answer the original thought of the post, what really bugs me is that, when someone is bored, he or she might start a topic with a negative theme.
    -wtk
  • PattieCakes23
    Options

One, I'm happy that you're cancer free! It does make me happy when someone says they are cancer free since it does run in my family.

and two,
    I'm not being judgemental. I'm not saying that anyone is dumb or crazy for their decisions. I'm stating that I can't wrap my head around that I'm old enough for it to happen.

Geez, You can't state opinions around here without everyone deciding that you're a horrible person.
    Oh, and my friends all know how I feel about it. And they realize that it was my choice not to go down the road they chose, and they also know that I am proud of them for accomplishing what they have being mommys and daddys, because I know I couldn't do it right now.
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    You know what really bugs me?

Bugs.

They are creepy, and I do not like them.

To recap, I am a wuss - that is all.

Bugs. They bug me. haha
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just be happy for them :) Everyone has their own way to live their lives and be happy!!! BTW I agree lol :)
  • doogie52
    doogie52 Posts: 53
    Options
    Wow, really?!
    I wasn't doing this to be judgemental towards them. I actually said that I'm happy for them, and I really am. At least they know where they are going with their lives, I don't.

I never said it was a bad thing for them to choose that direction. I know it's their lives. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm old enough to BE at the point in my life. THAT is where I was going.

I'm not trying to be judgemental towards them. I'm completely happy with my choices, just as I know they are happy with theirs. I was simply stating that it bugs me that I'm at the point in my life now where this happens.

I guess I should have added that to it, made it a little more clear that this was a post about me feeling OLD, not about me hating everyone.

You shouldn't feel old at 23....I don't feel old...at least not today...:laugh:
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    I think I understand what you are trying to say. I don't have children and have never wanted any. It has been tough to see my group of friends dwindle away because they don't know how to still be a person separate from their kids. I have stopped trying to connect with them right now. I hope when their kids are older, we can resume our friendship.