Gold Digging

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it had some kind of Olympics- or medal-related graphic, it would be more obvious.
    I'd imagine those images are copyright. It would look great with the olympic rings in the background though (also in gold)
    I'm not suggesting it should have those. I'm just saying the meaning isn't obvious.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Well.. I said that if this shirt offends you... you need to GET LAID, and then go find a sense of Humor!! =) My original comment used the term *kitten* every other word.

People need to stop being 'offended'.. that is what is really killing our country! Trying not to hurt feelings! Boo Hoo.. KNOW ONE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS. =)

If you DON'T like this shirt DON'T buy it.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to my favorite radio show on my way into work this morning, and they begin to discuss this new shirt that Nike came out with. Supposedly its so controversial and is causing many people to get their panties in a bunch. So I figured I needed to bring it to the forums and see how many people here get their panties bunched up.
    So here's the shirt... Gold Digging with the Nike swish

xl472336010.jpg

Now we all (or most) know what a "gold digger" is. If you do not, it simply means a woman who is after a man's money. Nike has promoted this shirt after the 2012 Olympics have ended, and obviously they mean digging for the gold. Why do so many women think this shirt puts a negative light on women? I personally congratulate Nike for their bold and daring move to change the meaning and turn it into something positive. So they are poking a little fun at the already existing saying, who cares? But seriously, for those of us who are serious about pushing hard and digging deep, we can see the positive changes this could bring to the term "gold digging".
    I'm curious to see what all of you think and how you feel about this new shirt.
    I for one would love to buy this shirt and wear it proudly, knowing that I am indeed a Gold Digger (positive meaning!)
    Always keep pushing harder and digging deeper for the gold!! :wink:
    And.... discuss :smile:

I for one, want this shirt, I think it is awesome, and I love the gold foil. Nike has the best tee's and this is just another good one-marketing genius!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I don't understand why it's so controversial, is it because it's a Nike shirt? Other than that it's not much different (and quite tame compared to) most novelty tees sold by other companies. It's just a t-shirt, and it evokes no particular feeling of inappropriateness from me.

Agree with you! My 14 year old has an adidas shirt that reads "Winners like it on top" and I cringe every time he wears it. LOL!

My 9 year old just bought an Under Armor shirt that says "I wear my heart on my jock...not just my sleeve." LOL!

I probably fall into the "bad mom" category, but I don't care! I love my children's athleticism and personalities...and the fact that they aren't afraid to be controversial at a young age. BRING IT!
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love that shirt!!!! I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!! Not because Im a gold digger but anyone who can put an athletics clothing company ... the word "gold digger"...and the fact we won the most gold medals together would find the humor in it LOL
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like it and I feel the need to find it and buy it. Thanks for sharing.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why it's so controversial, is it because it's a Nike shirt? Other than that it's not much different (and quite tame compared to) most novelty tees sold by other companies. It's just a t-shirt, and it evokes no particular feeling of inappropriateness from me.

Agree with you! My 14 year old has an adidas shirt that reads "Winners like it on top" and I cringe every time he wears it. LOL!

My 9 year old just bought an Under Armor shirt that says "I wear my heart on my jock...not just my sleeve." LOL!

I probably fall into the "bad mom" category, but I don't care! I love my children's athleticism and personalities...and the fact that they aren't afraid to be controversial at a young age. BRING IT!

That IS NOT being a bad mom! I think it is awesome......LOL my 4 year old has a shirt that says "Thats what she said" and a few other maybe not so appropriate ones... Wearing a shirt will not change the personality of a kid :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to my favorite radio show on my way into work this morning, and they begin to discuss this new shirt that Nike came out with. Supposedly its so controversial and is causing many people to get their panties in a bunch. So I figured I needed to bring it to the forums and see how many people here get their panties bunched up.
    So here's the shirt... Gold Digging with the Nike swish

xl472336010.jpg

Now we all (or most) know what a "gold digger" is. If you do not, it simply means a woman who is after a man's money. Nike has promoted this shirt after the 2012 Olympics have ended, and obviously they mean digging for the gold. Why do so many women think this shirt puts a negative light on women? I personally congratulate Nike for their bold and daring move to change the meaning and turn it into something positive. So they are poking a little fun at the already existing saying, who cares? But seriously, for those of us who are serious about pushing hard and digging deep, we can see the positive changes this could bring to the term "gold digging".
    I'm curious to see what all of you think and how you feel about this new shirt.
    I for one would love to buy this shirt and wear it proudly, knowing that I am indeed a Gold Digger (positive meaning!)
    Always keep pushing harder and digging deeper for the gold!! :wink:
    And.... discuss :smile:

It would be funny if Mark Zuckerberg's wife wore one to the gym.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options

I put you in the AWESOME mom category! I so look forward to the days when my son excels at sports and pushes hard. If he wants to have some humor in his life and buy silly shirts, then so be it. Others will judge, but it will probably be the moms of those sons who SUCK at sports :P GO MAMA!!!
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    It would be funny if Mark Zuckerberg's wife wore one to the gym.

BOOOOOOM... Nice burn :P
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love it! I love shirts that make you stop and go, hmmmmm??? I would wear it in a heartbeat. =)
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    It's controversial because the femi-nazis have to take anything remotely related to a woman NOT being a man and blow it way out of proportion.

BTW, you can be my sugar mama anytime....
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options

My favorite shirt my son used to wear was:

If that's your A game, I hope you brought the whole alphabet

I like the Nike slogan shirts but personally, I don't think I could wear one that said gold digging, esp. since the Nelly song is on my run list! I, personally, think it's too negative of a connotations to put across my boobs. But more power to the women wearing it and because of the OP I won't roll my eyes at you! LOL
  • rob1976
    Options
    since the Nelly song is on my run list!
    Psst..."Gold Digger" is Kanye West Feat. Jamie Foxx
  • SmexAppeal
    Options

Let's do this lol... I want dinner at a 5 star restaurant, and bring me some diamonds while your at it.
    BAHAHAHAAAAAAA :laugh: :smooched:
  • JenRLo
    Options

Haha, my bad! Thank's for correcting me. I always like it when people call me out on being wrong. :wink:
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think it is a cute shirt. And generally if something offends people they are guilty of the offense.. Just saying. I personally love Nike's shirt they are hilarious!!!! I literally crack up in the middle of Footlocker reading them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rob1976
    Options

Haha, my bad! Thank's for correcting me. I always like it when people call me out on being wrong. :wink:
    I have OCD. Bad. Just be glad you didn't spell anything wrong. I'd have lost my mind.
  • rob1976
    Options

Let's do this lol... I want dinner at a 5 star restaurant, and bring me some diamonds while your at it.
    BAHAHAHAAAAAAA :laugh: :smooched:
    Let's go!!!
  • JenRLo
    Options
    [/quote]
    I have OCD. Bad. Just be glad you didn't spell anything wrong. I'd have lost my mind.
    [/quote]

I have a BA in English and work in medical publishing, plus frequently use spell check! But I'm super bad with names, so am often corrected! All tongue-in-cheek and joking. No biggie.

Wouldn't want to piss anyone off and have the boards blow up on me! I swear there are a lot of ultra sensitive people commenting this week.