What's your personal therapy when you're feeling down? :(

Options
13»

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    A prayer, meditation, a good movie and some creative time. I like to create when I'm down-it's when I seem to come up with some of my best-loved designs with yarn and beads. :)
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    I call my best friend. He's so gorgeously funny he cheers me up straight away and happily lets me have a grumble to let off steam :bigsmile:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I draw. sometimes i listen to music or go walking. or i hug my dogs, because i cant be upset getting pitbull kisses or snuggling huskyfur.
  • happypath101
    Options
    * A long walk in the woods or by the beach
    * A really special cup of tea in my good china
    * A long, hot bath (with a great CD playing and awesome pamper-me products)

If I can possibly swing it, all three in one self-care evening. Oh - and early to bed, if not to sleep. Just read or write in a journal and let it go. :O)
  • Arunakae
    Arunakae Posts: 83
    Options
    Exercise, including: Biking, Elliptical, Personally designed routines and punching bag. Also, a good book, chat with a friend, play with my dogs, and I do love tea.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Running
    Spinning class
    Kickboxing on the heavy bag
    A little dark chocolate
    Some drama filled Real Housewives of (insert city here).

I hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • quakerprof
    Options
    My 177 calorie version of the Starbucks peppermint mocha (16oz) and a good fiction novel (currently into historical fiction, Wolf Hall specifically). Incandescent lights if you can still find bulbs.

Shopping is a dangerous choice, since it can create a connection between anxiety and splurge spending that will be hard to break. Non-budgeted food is bad for obvious reasons, but I usually can tweak things enough to have my latte.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Get together with friends and unwind. Nothing makes my day brighter than seeing the people I enjoy being in my life.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was down in the dumps yesterday. I blasted my music and vented to some friends. Then we went running. I would also toss in a relaxing Epsom soak and tea followed by a rub down with some lotion. Kind of like a mini spa treatment if you can't make it into the spa.
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I go to the barn and spend time with my horses. They are great therapists.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I get out and run or exercise somehow, no matter the weather, I try to get outside if I need a pick me up.
  • BobbieJeanDietQueen
    Options
    Karaoke on demand. Yes, just look, it's there, way in the upper channels usually! There is just something about cranking up the volume and singing "Eye of the Tiger" as loud as I can (in the safety and comfort of my own living room of course!! LOL) that seems to force me to shake off the doldrums.

I hope your day is getting better, minute by minute....
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I used to just lay in bed because sometimes life is poop :tongue:. Not an option for me now, so I step outside for some fresh air and PEACE.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ive started to crochet . Its really very theraputic and relaxing. It helps me not eat to because im super focused on my project ...Maybe thats why my afgan is getting huge haha
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Karaoke on demand. Yes, just look, it's there, way in the upper channels usually! There is just something about cranking up the volume and singing "Eye of the Tiger" as loud as I can (in the safety and comfort of my own living room of course!! LOL) that seems to force me to shake off the doldrums.

I hope your day is getting better, minute by minute....

YESS!! I love it!! Singing is the bestest
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just went a Wellness/ Weight Management session today and the topic was sleep and stress. The instructor said that when we're stressed we need to try to up our serotonin levels and the things she listed that increases this hormone are many of the things everyone already said; exposure to sunlight and being in nature, movement/ exercise, laughter and being with friends, meditation, sleep, eating fruits and veggies, hot showers/ bath and petting an animal.

Also, she said something about how when we use our hands to make things and to be creative we get a deep sense of accomplishment and positive self imagine but that using your hands to type, text, or use a computer doesn't give us that.

This all makes a lot of sense to me. I have been feeling so great lately and I have defiantly spent more time walking outside in the sunlight.
  • bebaile2
    bebaile2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Watching True Blood wrapped up in my blanket on the couch or taking a five mile walk at the nearest lake. That, or cuddling with my awesome boyfriend. :)