Random Acts of Kindness

2»

Replies

• TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    While I'm at it....I am a good listener as well.

I could also use help with learning Japanese. My friend speaks it, but she isn't around a lot when I have questions. I have less than four months to get the basics down before my husband and I get stationed in Okinawa. And if anyone has ever lived there, that would be better! I'm using Rosetta Stone, but it is hard to learn Japanese from context and sometimes have no clue what the words I'm using even mean.

try checking with livemocha.com. I'm not sure if they have Japanese, but it is worth a check. They have a free and paid version.

LOL... good advice.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member

I could also use help with learning Japanese. My friend speaks it, but she isn't around a lot when I have questions. I have less than four months to get the basics down before my husband and I get stationed in Okinawa. And if anyone has ever lived there, that would be better! I'm using Rosetta Stone, but it is hard to learn Japanese from context and sometimes have no clue what the words I'm using even mean.

try checking with livemocha.com. I'm not sure if they have Japanese, but it is worth a check. They have a free and paid version.

LOL... good advice.

Haha! At least they didn't say they were a good listener. :)

I hate when I post something clever then before I click the POST REPLY button, someone else beat me to it! Then I have to go in and edit it and try to come up with something even more witty!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Thanks all the positive posters who got things back on track for some positivity! Clearly, the people who were being negative were not only dragging down the positive post but also don't understand that a PhD isn't an ordinary degree and getting help with or someone to do translations the few foreign language secions of secondary literature that have popped up isn't a case of slacking of and is actually perfectly legitimate.....but yeah, I'm over it since we have some positive folks on here wanting to help people out!!

I'm going to PM the lady looking for motivation. I'm guessing my Latin and Ancient Greek translation skills wont be of much use to anyone (lol!) but I can play quite a few musical instruments, I'm generally a good listener and I'm quite an 'ideas' person if anyone is needed help with brainstorming for any reason.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member

http://www.freejapaneselessons.com/

The site above has some very good basics. I also have some audiobooks on conversational Japanese. Message me if you want them too.
  • I only speak enough French to be dangerous. The same way I speak Spanish. ;)

However, I'm very good at English. In fact, I teach it. I'm great at writing letters or just about anything for that matter. I'm an encourager by nature. Motivation? That usually comes from within, but like I said, I can pump you up and be your cheerleader, if that's what you need.

I'm a great listener... or reader, whatever the case may be. I am generally pretty good at helping you feel better about your situation unless, of course, you are perfectly content with being depressed.

My time is limited lately. I seem to be a work-a-holic, and I'm a single mom of three kids.

What do I need? Probably nothing that anyone here could or would be willing to give. So, I'm perfectly content offering my services.

Feel free to inbox me.

Later taters.

:)
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member

What do I need? Probably nothing that anyone here could or would be willing to give. So, I'm perfectly content offering my services.

Try us, you just never know, you might be in luck! :) On another forum I was on I once saw someone buy a laptop for another forum member who was down on their luck, so there is some truly big-hearted people out there. If you never ask, you never know ;)