Has anyone ever read "Skinny *****" ?

Options
13»

Replies

• VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Dumb book and if I recall it perpetuated a lot of bullish.

I read it, and fell for all the BS, as well as the BS in Forks Over Knives. That was in March, and since then I have lost 76 pounds, and look and feel better than I have in YEARS. I have a TON of energy, and can run circles around most of my family. All of my lab work is fabulous, and everyone I work with tells me I glow. So if it's not your thing, that's okay, but it is DEFINITELY NOT BS!!!!

:heart: it! Good for you! :)
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I read a few pages on it... I thought they were quite pushy... and well b!tchy. I didn't like their style. Maybe they were hungry?

^^ this. I hated it. I can't get into a book if I have an utter dislike for the authors. They truely are b*tches...
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Dumb book and if I recall it perpetuated a lot of bullish.

I read it, and fell for all the BS, as well as the BS in Forks Over Knives. That was in March, and since then I have lost 76 pounds, and look and feel better than I have in YEARS. I have a TON of energy, and can run circles around most of my family. All of my lab work is fabulous, and everyone I work with tells me I glow. So if it's not your thing, that's okay, but it is DEFINITELY NOT BS!!!!

:heart: it! Good for you! :)

What veganpanda says! That's great results!
  • caitlins01
    Options
    I've read it a few years ago when it first came out. The first thing I need to say is that she is one p*ssed off vegan with a serious need to vent. She probably should have vented to her other vegan girlfriends first before writing the book. Maybe she would have thought about advocating a healthier vegan diet instead of pushing all the over-processed vegan substitutes at her readers.

I do agree that a vegan diet can be healthy so I did try it for a while but many of substitutes she advocated literally made me nauseous. Turned out to be all the soy didn't agree with me. With little other protein sources available that are vegan I went back to eating carnivore.

I do have to caution that I know some vegans who are overweight because they eat a lot of stuff high in carbs and fat, like potato chips. A vegan diet is like any other...it is what you make it to be, healthy or not.
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I read it and enjoyed it. The pushy style and profanity are just another approach to appeal to people that don't like the soft, lovey-dovey vegan propaganda. I didn't find that shocking as much as uncreative. I think they depend way too much on over-processed vegan replacement foods which are unhealthy in their own way (sometimes worse). I do like that they brought a new audience to their cause.
    I'm an infrequent meat eater and picky about my sources, but not vegan or vegetarian. I like living in the farm country of Northern England and meeting the animals and knowing the treatment.