Anyone tried the "lemonade diet/cleanse" ?

Options
Just wondering .. I've looked it up and a lot of people talk about 10-20 pounds in 2 weeks time ..
Just wondering if anyone has tried it and your thoughts on it :)

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Waste of time. You have organs to "cleanse" you system particularily your liver and kidneys.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Bizarre, could you do it for the rest of your life?

If not then maybe a 2 week holiday to Egypt would be just as effective at dropping some weight quick by purging the body.

Worked for me, anyway, not all fat weight though ;)
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I tried it.. not only is it completely NASTY and I can tolerate ALOT of things going down but that had me gagging.. (I never gag really).. But it does the same thing that a water fast would and detox's you the same way and is obviously a lot cheaper drinking just water.. If you really want to detox either do a water fast or something that is even more healthier for your body is a juice fast.. Watch Fast, Sick, and nearly dead
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    You might lose the weight, but it won't be from fat loss (at least not all of it). The majority of that weight will be from water loss and will come back when you resume a normal diet. This was actually really popular around my senior year of college; a ton of people in my town were doing it. I worked in an independent natural foods store at the time (in a hippie-heavy area) so I saw a lot of people who were talking about it and doing it. A bunch of college students at my university went on a hunger strike to protest the school buying sweatshirts from companies that used sweatshop labor and did this the whole time. Everybody said that it was great and amazing, and also that they were exhausted and couldn't think straight by a couple days in.
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    I don't think you could do it for the rest of your life but I did hear of people doing it for up 40 days at a time
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, only lasted about 5 days, it tasted good and I did lose weight but it all came back plus more once I stopped!

It's like every other quick fix diet out there, it works at first but the minute you try to eat regular again, it all comes back on and then your body hangs on to every calorie you consume so you gain even more!

Not worth it in my honest opinion! But good luck if you decide to go ahead with it!:drinker:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to do this.

You're essentially creating a massive calorie deficit through lack of food and you're not actually "cleansing" or "detoxing" anything.

This is essentially a bunch of crap and I'd recommend instead, that you just create a moderate calorie deficit by eating foods you enjoy (in the proper quantities), and get exercise.

The weight loss will happen with time.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    If they lost weight that fast it makes me wonder if they KEPT it off...that's the point, isn't it?
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

You're essentially creating a massive calorie deficit through lack of food and you're not actually "cleansing" or "detoxing" anything.

This is essentially a bunch of crap and I'd recommend instead, that you just create a moderate calorie deficit by eating foods you enjoy (in the proper quantities), and get exercise.

^^^^^^ what he said!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I used the formula once a day ALONG with my regular eating. It cleansed, gently, it wasnt for the purpose of losing weight specifically but instead to help clean out slowly all the processed food I had been eating. I would never suggest doing it the way the master cleanse suggests, its unhealthy.
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    In effect, you're actually making your body worse by depriving it of all the nutrients it needs. Cleansing? Nah. Your body does that naturally. Don't do it.
  • kamlav1980
    Options
    never tried it. i have heard that lemon juice can clean away cancer out of your colon and prostate.
  • kamlav1980
    Options
    try aloe juice for cleansing.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

+++++1
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

definitely this.
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    :grumble:
    such a waste of time. don't bother with it.
    i get tired of people trying to push this on others. Its not realistic at all hun.
  • determined_01
    Options
    I have to I agree it's a waste of time. I went and got grade b syrup from trader joes (like bottles b/c I was in it for the long haul), organic lemons for real juice and organic cheyenne pepper. I drank nothing but lemonade for a week and did the salt water cleanse at night after work, because well you basically **** your brains out. It was not a very great experience and even after that week I didn't lose a single pound. I find that putting in the work and logging on to MFP has deemed me greater results. I wouldn't bother...
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    In effect, you're actually making your body worse by depriving it of all the nutrients it needs. Cleansing? Nah. Your body does that naturally. Don't do it.

I agree
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    not worth it. you will suffer greatly, lose a ton of weight and just when you think things are looking on the bright side and you can fit into your jeans BOOM. it all comes back.

it will make you sick and it will make you cranky. you will probably cheat. the whole diet sets you up for the "i cheated i suck" mentality and downward spiral.

You will lose more weight if you just adjust your caloric intake and keep track on mfp

i have done this diet at least ten times in my life, once lasting on it for 27 days. i blew the whole thing on a piece of wedding cake. it is anorexia in disguise and i gained everything back as soon as i started eating normal food. and i messed up my metabolism in the process.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    you wont lose 20 pounds, you might lose up to ten pounds the first week but it's all water and then it will come right back in a few days