Hangover Food. This is an emergency.

Options
13»

Replies

• btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My all time fix is to drink a large soda fountain diet coke. Must be something about the carbonation that works for me

THIS!!!! im glad im not the only one that finds this a cure for my hangovers :)
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese... nice bowl of Pho.
  • sandie3131
    Options
    I always go for a banana, a cup of black tea (or green tea) and a packet of Walkers French Fries salt and vinegar crisps - it has all you need plus the crisps aren't as bad as you think!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options

omg Pho cures broken legs!!! I love this for anything. Or a really good spicy Tom Yum.

But my fail safe is a single McDonalds hash brown and get on with my day. It helps smack that craving but isn't a huge meal. If it isn't breakfast time, a small fries. Then get into the veg and lean meat like you usually would.
    Berocca and sports drinks will help as they get you hydrated quicker (try chemist specific things like hydralyte or something which is better for you) rather than trying to keep all that water in which will probably just make you vomit. I know that's what it does to me.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    WATER, WATER, and more WATER!!
    and just FYI drinking to the point of a hangover is not good for your body or your calories...sorry
    Hope you feel better soon!
  • christie5683
    Options
    Anything with pasta with olive oil followed by a piece of chocolate.
  • christie5683
    Options
    Anything with pasta with olive oil followed by a piece of chocolate.

OH....and WATER, WATER, WATER and more WATER....lol (you are very dehydrated)
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Pho is the best for hangovers! Gets me all the salt I'm craving and some carby filling stuff.
    Drink lots of water and get some gatorade or fruit to get your sugar up.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You need salt, sugar and water. However you get that into you is up to you, but those are the key elements you need. I recommend some carbs as well if you've got a sicky feeling hangover.

^ And my go to food for salt & carbs is ramien noodles or straight up chicken broth from boullion cubes (high sodium). Works like a charm every time!!! Then just flush yourself out with lots of water. A gatorade never hurt either.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    choc.milk and a big greasy breakfast...if I recall...been awhile...8months and14days I think
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bottle of red wine, a lager bag of chocolate sweets, some dvds, and a can of ICE COLD COKE

Open the wine, start drinking, hold the can of coke too your face

marry me.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    So, what did you go with?
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bottle of red wine, a lager bag of chocolate sweets, some dvds, and a can of ICE COLD COKE

Open the wine, start drinking, hold the can of coke too your face

marry me.

Love this thread.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hardee's Monster Biscuit....if you're going down, go epic

Amen!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I'm hungover I tend to go for unhealthy food. Hahaha.

I do love eggs or other such breakfasts foods. Since people tend to crave something greasy when they're hungover, try something with healthy fats in it instead, like peanut butter or avocado or olive oil maybe.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Crackers and Canada Dry.