Cigarettes and Cardio?

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    LMFAO. The way you justify your addiction with "We know its dangerous" is for lack of another word stupid. Would you play Russian Roulette? Doubtful because you know how stupid you would be to do that.

You obviously understand very little about addictions. Is an anorexic person stupid because they don't eat?

Also, my chances of dying from Russian Roulette are much great than smoking for the time being. Apples and Oranges pal.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    LMFAO. The way you justify your addiction with "We know its dangerous" is for lack of another word stupid. Would you play Russian Roulette? Doubtful because you know how stupid you would be to do that.

Bad analogy. A bullet is quick. Some people would rather die slowly over, say, 60 years.
  • keekey009
    Options
    I smoked for 18 years,,,after seeing my mom be diagnosed with COPD and emphysema and now is on oxygen 24/7 I realised I didn't want to end up like that and have my little boy see his mommy have to stop for air....I gained about 30lbs after I stopped but now Im working on that goal...I used the pills and they worked amazing...I have zero to no willpower and I've kicked the habit for 2 1/2 years...so it can be done...it does just take that one moment when you realise ,,,,it's nasty...One major difference is those that smoke around me....I'm always like OMG did I smell like that....EEWWEE...
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    When I smoked I found it annoying when people said to stop.

Then my mother got emphysema from smoking and spent her last four years in bed staring at the ceiling on oxygen.

Then I realized my finding it annoying was nothing more than rationalizing a stupid habit.

Then I quit.

Go to the emergency room and listen to the people panicking because they can't breath because smoking has destroyed their lungs. That is your future unless you are lucky enough to die from something else first.

Ive been to the emergency room and heard people not being able to breath. . . i then heard they were diagnosed with anxiety attacks. . . . my grand mother died from lung cancer. . . . but it ake my chances. . as long as i keep myself healthy (diet and exercise) ill see where it takes me, thats why as a smoker i get tests done every year and once i hear that a test comes up positive for something i will then take the steps i want to quit (if i ever do). . .

my grandpa smoked pipes until the day he died at 93. . . he started at 12. . . .who says MY future will be like the people in the ER. no one knows *plays twilight zone music*

My grandpa was kind of the same way....he chewed tobacco for DECADES, and lived until he was 97. Never had to go to the nursing home, never got cancer, nothing like that. And I always loved him in spite of the gross spit can he had next to his chair, lol.

I've been cutting back on smoking lately because, quite frankly, cigarettes taste gross. If I don't have something to drink to wash the taste out of my mouth afterwards, I won't have one. Unless I'm having an anxiety attack. Then the taste doesn't matter.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

You obviously understand very little about addictions. Is an anorexic person stupid because they don't eat?

Also, my chances of dying from Russian Roulette are much great than smoking for the time being. Apples and Oranges pal.

At least we don't climb trees near overhead lines 'cuz that's really dumb!

(For anyone in their 20s, that's from a PSA in the 80s.)
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I smoked for almost 14 years and quit last november.

QUIT SMOKING. IT WILL KILL YOU AND THOSE AROUND YOU.

If you live in the same town as me and you are smoking anywhere near my children I promise to swear at you and tell you to kill yourself somewhere else.

It's just like loosing weight or exercising. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO. Know one can tell you to or make you. If you don't want to quit you won't.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

LOL you are fast to judge me. And it appears you are to lazy to read my previous posts. I was a former smoker, I have dealt with addiction in my family with meth and alcohol. If you smoke and you justify it your are using junky logic. If you knowingly harm yourself and dont take steps to stop because you are using said junky logic "I like to smoke", "I only smoke a few", "I am not able to stop" then you are WEAK. Justify your weakness all you want. I don't care what you to kill yourself. Its your body, ruin it if you want. Lose those precious years with your grand children and family because you felt the need to smoke. You are the one who will regret the decision not me.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    My grandpa was kind of the same way....he chewed tobacco for DECADES, and lived until he was 97. Never had to go to the nursing home, never got cancer, nothing like that. And I always loved him in spite of the gross spit can he had next to his chair, lol.

I've been cutting back on smoking lately because, quite frankly, cigarettes taste gross. If I don't have something to drink to wash the taste out of my mouth afterwards, I won't have one. Unless I'm having an anxiety attack. Then the taste doesn't matter.

My grandpa used to grow tobacco. He smoked from when he was a kid until he was about 50, then decided to quit and just quit. He still grew it, but never smoked again. He lived to be 87. Grandma never smoked and lived to be 72. Go figure.

On my mom's side, both my grandparents smoked all their lives and had triple heart surgeries in their 60s and never made it out of their 60s. So I guess if I don't quit, then my chances are 50/50. Much better than roulette. (Russian or otherwise :tongue: )
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    And just to be clear, taking pleasure from smoking has nothing to do with willpower. :wink:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Well I am not trying to be an *kitten* here. All I am saying is that yeah maybe you can run further, faster, blah blah but when your are no longer young and your boy is no longer resilient your body will start to show the effects.

Yeah it is a physical addition but its more of a mental addiction. If you cant go 72 hours without smoking you are weak, Period, Justify it all you want, say whatever you need to so you feel better about yourself. Tell yourself whatever you want to make your weakness a non issue. I am not stronger or mentally tougher than you, I have control over my body and refuse to let a stupid addiction ruin my body.

Read the links I gave you, that eBook will give you a plan to stop smoking. Like I said if you plan for success you will be successful. If you dont plan, you plan to fail.

Some people are so sanctimonious.
    If tobacco is not a physical addiction, then why do the people who quit with the use of a nicotine agonist or nicotine replacement gum have such better success rates?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Well I am not trying to be an *kitten* here. All I am saying is that yeah maybe you can run further, faster, blah blah but when your are no longer young and your boy is no longer resilient your body will start to show the effects.

Yeah it is a physical addition but its more of a mental addiction. If you cant go 72 hours without smoking you are weak, Period, Justify it all you want, say whatever you need to so you feel better about yourself. Tell yourself whatever you want to make your weakness a non issue. I am not stronger or mentally tougher than you, I have control over my body and refuse to let a stupid addiction ruin my body.

Read the links I gave you, that eBook will give you a plan to stop smoking. Like I said if you plan for success you will be successful. If you dont plan, you plan to fail.

If tobacco is not a physical addiction, then why do the people who quit with the use of a nicotine agonist or nicotine replacement gum have such better success rates?

Very true! The stats bear that out.

Also, it reminds me of this:
    36agtz.jpg
  • nickhuffman74
    Options

If its not more of a mental addiction then why do so many people relapse after getting the substance out of their system?
  • nickhuffman74
    Options

Very true! The stats bear that out.

Also, it reminds me of this:
    36agtz.jpg

I am not looking down on anyone. I find it terrible hilarious that you have the need to justify that your killing yourself doing something as crazy as smoking. Really, who truly enjoys smoking? But whatever you all must be correct, all these years of medical studies are just ridiculous.

I can promise, no I can guarantee that no one ever regrets stopping smoking. I bet you more than a few regret never stopping.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Seventy-two hours is a long damn time. More power to the ones that can do that, but they better sedate me in a hospital setting like they would a heroin addict. :tongue:
    they dont sedate heroin addicts in the hospital

That's true. They throw them in cages to be raped by larger, stronger people. Thanks for the correction. :tongue:

no they give them suboxone to help with withdrawal symptoms and meds to help them sleep and they keep a very close eye on them. i was addicted to heroin for years and that is how i got clean
  • joecollins9385
    Options
    "i tried the electronic cigs. could not stand them. ":

You tried the wrong one. There are many different ones and some are quite good.

i tried 3 different brands as well as several flavors and didnt like any of them.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Seventy-two hours is a long damn time. More power to the ones that can do that, but they better sedate me in a hospital setting like they would a heroin addict. :tongue:

That's true. They throw them in cages to be raped by larger, stronger people. Thanks for the correction. :tongue:

no they give them suboxone to help with withdrawal symptoms and meds to help them sleep and they keep a very close eye on them. i was addicted to heroin for years and that is how i got clean

You are lucky to have been able to get help without entering the system. Congratulations on getting clean!
  • joecollins9385
    Options

You are lucky to have been able to get help without entering the system. Congratulations on getting clean!

the system? is that a reference to jails or rehab centers? ive been to both. im lucky to be here today because of the choices i made in life
  • dosmundos
    Options
    bump
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Be honest. People telling you not to smoke does not deter you. Your addiction and reliance on ciggarettes deters you from quitting. You are hooked. Don't try to blame your recluctance to quit on other people who are telling you the medically supported scientifically proven truth.

not to be rude but you dont know anything about what is going on in the minds and bodies of other people, you can share your experience and draw conclusions and advice from it but my experience can be completely different.

society as a whole and particular individuals telling me not to smoke definitely has played a role in me smoking and definitely kept me from quiting before, this is an aspect of my personality that i am aware of but that doesnt mean i am always fully in control of negative ramifications from that side of me.

i can remember one time in particular that my wife had been nagging me to quit smoking, so i decided to try and make her happy and quit, then a week or so later we had some sort of fight and I bought a pack just to spite her/get back at her for what i was mad at her for at the time.

preachy attitudes and nasty pictures make me want to smoke so i would appreciate if you kept them to yourself
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i can remember one time in particular that my wife had been nagging me to quit smoking, so i decided to try and make her happy and quit, then a week or so later we had some sort of fight and I bought a pack just to spite her/get back at her for what i was mad at her for at the time.

preachy attitudes and nasty pictures make me want to smoke so i would appreciate if you kept them to yourself

I did the same thing with my ex-gf, lol. Even told her I was going to buy cigarettes after I dropped her off at her house.

As for non-smokers and former smokers chiming in here, honestly, this thread is not for you. I see a lot of people posting things in other threads about people being negative and mean on here, and this is one of those cases. If you do not smoke, this thread has nothing to do with you, so move on to a different subject. Us smokers are completely aware of the health related issues with smoking, and we really don't need you pointing it out to us. Thank you.