Hate Fruits & Veggies

Options
124»

Replies

• CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options

You mean that because we wash our veggies, it's lost? Just asking because I don't know. I know some people eat veggies right out of their garden. I never do that because I'm just used to bringing it in and washing them before eating. But even then... if we don't get it through our veggies, don't we then need it from somewhere?

I think it's because of the veggie washing. I don't know quite enough to know whether it's a farming issue or a washing issue. Yes, we definitely do need to get it from somewhere. I'm a vegan, so I eat fortified.

Hey, good for you. I'd like to go vegan, but find it really hard to cut out all animal products all the time. I've just focused on really reducing the amount of meat and eggs rather than total elimination and add in other good stuff in it's place. But luckily I do like fruits and veg and tofu so that doesn't help the OP :ohwell:
  • emy1511
    emy1511 Posts: 1
    Options
    I try to sneak fruits and vegetables into your diet, for example I add V8 fusion to my tea. it's just a little thing but it's better then nothing.
  • ABQsheila
    ABQsheila Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think the way fruits and vegetables are cooked makes a big difference in their taste/texture. Grilling and roasting brings out the sweetness in corn, winter squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, and peppers and some "crunch" if you add a touch of olive oil. Bananas and apples are good baked. Grill peaches and pineapple. Raw or lightly steamed vegetables have a different texture and may be tastier than softer and mushy.. On the other hand, fully cooked vegetables, blended into a puree are a good addition to soups or smoothies or pasta sauce or chile or even meatloaf. Try canned pumpkin in a smoothie with a bit of pumpkin pie seasoning and thnk of it as pumpkin pie. In the past I was a lot more pickey but my taste has changed over the yearsl Good luck!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If you're lazy and not willing to change you're just going to get fatter
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    50? good job venting. maybe one day you'll grow up and like your veggies. I myself will never like slimy peas. :):drinker: