ACNE!

Options
124»

Replies

• seashman
    Options
    I used to have awful problems with my skin, especially around my period. Here's what worked for me:

1) A Clarisonic Mia with the acne brush. I know it's expensive, but it's such a good investment and it lasts basically forever. It's like the best thing you can do for your skin.
    2) Drink a TON of water. Like, two liters a day minimum. It works wonders.
    3) Take an Omega-3 supplement or just eat lots of fish.
    4) Eat your fruits and veggies! Especially the ones loaded with antioxidants.
    5) Cut out refined sugar as much as possible. (I don't know if there's any direct correlation between this and your skin or not, but I do know my skin has been so much better since I started eliminating it).

I've also found that Murad's acne products (specifically the cleanser and toner) work super well, especially in conjunction with all of the above.
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hi
    i have always suffered with acne, recently my doctor prescribed a cream which contained hydrogen peroxide and anti biotic the cream is called duac since i have been using it the amount of sebum produced by my skin has drastically dropped and the anti biotic has stopped the infections.. google the cream, and speak to your own doctor because it may be something that they can give you. almost straight away i noticed my skin was tighter pores were less open, there was no sebum under the skin and i have not had one single spot. i love it..
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    make a face mask of yogurt, ground oats and cinnamon. cinnamon helps with acne. or just dab some cinnamon straight on
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    When I have a flareup I use a simple facemask.
    half of a lemon+3-4 drops on top. Rub into circular motions on your face,leave on for 5 minutes then wash off.

I also use neutrogena fash wash and astringent and make sure to do a facemask 1x a week :) Ive actually noticed that my face has cleared since I started running..weird.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've never had acne or anything except stress induced eczema, but my cousin had issues and we're both using St. John's wort oil.
    If you buy it in pharmacies make sure it's dark red in color. The best would be if you can find a homemade version made with cold pressed olive oil and St. John's wort.
    For us it's a miracle cure that my mom makes from our olives and these flowers

http://www.sweet-lemonade.info/index.php/2011/08/st-johns-wort-oil-a-cure-for-all/
  • steffi90
    steffi90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm glad I found this thread cos I need some advice too. I had really bad acne when I was younger and after trying everything I went on roaccutane which was just amazing and cleared up my skin and has been clear for about 3 years but it's starting to come back now for no reason?! I haven't been on any birth control pills or doing anything different so I really don't know how to help it. My doctor has given me yasmin to take but tbh it's making it worse I'm tempted to stop it and let it heal naturally but I just don't know! Help? Lol thank you x
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Sea Salt and Warm-Hot water. AMAZING! I noticed when I was on vacation and swimming in an ocean that my life-long acne cleared right up. Went home and purchased sea salt, mixed with warm water and continue to use it on my face.

It clears that acne right up. It does tend to dry your skin out, though a good acne-friendly moisturizer helps counter-act that. I use anything by Aveeno Clear Skin(?) Line.