Meal replacement shakes -- buh-bye Shakeology :(

Options
1235»

Replies

• SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm an independent consultant for Arbonne (all natural skincare, cosmetics, and nutritional line) and I love our shakes. I have at least one a day as a meal replacement. it's 100% Vegan protein, no artificial colours or sweeteners and I love how it tastes. I make it with water, ice and half a frozen banana and really look forward to having it. You can see it in my diary today for breakfast. Sooo good and soooo healthy. Full of vitamins.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    guys... the OP posted over a year ago. can we just let this thread go back to the obscurity of page two and beyond?
  • Emington
    Emington Posts: 1
    Options
    Has anyone tried Juice Plus+ Complete shakes (french vanilla & dutch chocolate)? It's a great balance: half protein (unique water-washed soy, peas, chickpeas, tofu, rice, and algae!) and half complex carbohydrates (ancient grains - organic quinoa, amaranth, and millet, broccoli sprouts, alfalfa sprouts and radish sprouts, pumpkin, pomegranate, spirulina and yucca), with almost 7 grams of fiber and almost no fat. Juice Plus+ Complete is deliciously sweetened with stevia, monkfruit and organic cane sugar (only 8 grams of low glycemic sugars per 100 cal)! And, as with all our products, it is gluten free. It costs $2 a shake. http://talexion.juiceplus.com/content/JuicePlus/en/buy/juice-plus--complete-variety.html
  • sinthia619
    sinthia619 Posts: 15
    Options
    I started the GNC Lean Shake RTD's on Sat. 7/27. I replace breakfast and lunch and eat a sensible dinner with 2 fruit or veggie snacks in between. I cut out all junk, soda, bread and I've lost 4 lbs already. Super motivated to continue!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like the GNC Total Lean with 25 grams of protein. It helps me reach my protein goals several days a week. Many flavors to choose from, the seasonal flavors I find especially good. I don't mix with milk. I use water.
  • rheina09
    Options
    Did you try the shakeology recipes

Mocha Chiller
    1 serving Chocolate Shakeology
    1 cup unsweetened black coffee, cooled
    1/8 tsp. almond extract (optional)

For the best taste experience, use a blender and add ice. The more ice, the thicker it gets. Enjoy!

Calories: 154
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    When I want a big glass of chocolate milk, I mix 1% milk with reduced sugar chocolate syrup. There I have it: chocolate milk. The rest of the time I survive (and thrive) on vegetables, fruit, whole grains, meat, and a few treats mixed in.
  • Bryant_FitNow
    Options
    Hi,
    I enjoy the Visalus shake mix. It taste great and is very versatile. I can have it as a shake/smoothie. I can drink it hot, Like if I made a hot chocolate, or if I make it with oatmeal. I lost 27.5 lbs (with exercise) in my first 90 days, my wife lost 20lbs no exercise. Most importantly we learned how to snack, and have changed our eating habits for the better.

Our take on losing weight has been focused in our diet/caloric intake and re learning proper serving size. Spent too many years not paying attention to all the junk I was putting in my body.

If you have any questions let me know. Bryantpuerto@hotmail.com or look me up on FB

Keep challenging yourselves and never quit

Bryant
  • Bnates
    Bnates Posts: 3
    Options
    I enjoy 310 nutrition shakes :) YUM!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am loving the Unjury brand chocolate powder. You have to order it online, and they have two chocolate flavors that I can't tell the difference in. I also add Bell Plantation dry peanut butter to the powder and mix it with almond milk for 27 grams of protein. Tastes like a peanut butter cup!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Vega One French Vanilla. I add a scoop of greek yogurt or half a banana sometimes.
  • jonnalq
    jonnalq Posts: 1
    Options
    I realize your original post was two years ago and I too didn't like the Chocolate Shakeology at first, but I realized that it was because I HATE whey protein. I tried their new Vegan options and am in LOVE with the product now.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The only flavor of Shakeology I like is Vanilla, all others are gross. For chocolate I use Vega One.
  • rachelilly
    Options
    I tried Shakeology a few years ago and thought it was disgusting. Also did a number on my digestive system. Never again.

I just started with Optimum Nutrition 100% whey rich double chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I like them both. Not gritty at all, and I just use protein powders in water to save calories. I use as meal replacements up to two times a day.
  • cyjhuiz
    cyjhuiz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Use some milk, oats and protein powder to make your own meal replacement shake. Blend in veggies if you want to get your fiber too. Feel free to customise and add dried raisins and cranberries for sweet surprises. I love meal replacement shakes because it is easy and convenient to store and prepare. It definitely helps to keep me on track onto my fitness goals. I can drink the meal replacement shakes during my lectures and maintain my focus as i won't feel hungry. I hope this helps! :)
  • vincie333
    vincie333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the three day Shakeology cleanse and did not lose a pound. I think that you need to be someone really overweight and a bad eater for it to work for you. I am a mom of four/5'2" inches, 124 pounds with 25% body fat. I did not lose a pound and I followed the plan very carefully. I did pee a ton though.
  • ScaryMaryOne
    ScaryMaryOne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have this every day, but occasionally I replace lunch with a smoothie consisting of 1 bottle of Glucerna chocolate drink, a frozen banana, 2 tbsp organic peanut butter, and 1.5 tbsp flaxseed, blended up with 1-1.5 cups fresh spinach leaves. This is a great way to eat your leafy greens, and it tastes really good.