Nine days in and going strong

Hi All,
I'm so happy to be on day 10 with MFP guidance. For me, the first several days are the hardest when it comes to beginning a weight loss/fitness lifestyle change. I'm usually obsessed with the thought that "I'll just eat this bag of cookies today, then tomorrow I'll get right back on it".....and, of course, I continue that line of thinking on a daily basis and lose my focus and commitment entirely.
I've learned, through tracking my food intake, that "slips" happen and they are no big deal! I am not "blowing the whole day" by having a scone for breakfast. This is, of course, not a news flash. Everyone says "eat in moderation". I just couldn't think "in moderation", so I couldn't act in moderation. Documenting foods AND exercise on a daily basis gives me perspective - the report at the end of the day looks very healthy, NOT PERFECT, but very healthy.
This tool (MFP) is so "do-able" - takes 2 seconds to document everything, and it provides honest, motivating feedback based
on my behaviors for THAT DAY.
I'll write again when I get to day 20 - and I'd love to hear what has worked to keep you committed in the early days of this process. Here's to all of us making positive changes together!

Replies

• freynikita
    freynikita Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I'm only on day 4 but I totally agree about the tracking of food and exercise. I really thought I was beyond that helping me at all. Figured at my age, I should just be aware of it. How wrong I was. The tracking of food and exercise is helping me immensley! Keep up the good work and I'll look for you in 10 more days!