Do you keep your diary open/closed?

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
If so, what are your reasons for doing so? I recently closed mine because I have switched to a low carb diet and was getting negative feedback from people. Other than that, I was fine with it being open:) What's your stance?

Replies

• cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I try and stay away from Carbs myself because they are somewhat addictive for me. To address your question: Everybody has an opinion. You can just think whatever and ignore the feedback you do not like. If it does bother you, by all means, close your diary.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mine's open, if someone wants to learn from me or try to critique, so be it.
  • AGGUK73
    AGGUK73 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    closed......peeps are too quick to judge!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Closed. I have enough experience to know how to eat properly (not that I always do) and it's clear there are many misinformed individuals on this site. I am not going to waste my time on their ignorant criticisms. When I track calories I do it solely for my own benefit.

Now if someone asks for a healthy 150 calorie snack, I'm happy to post a suggestion.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I feel the same way...plus, I want to show the people on my friends list that you can EAT to lose weight and reach goals. A lot of people, especially females, think less food is the key and I like to prove that yes, I not only practice what I preach, but it works!!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I feel the same way...plus, I want to show the people on my friends list that you can EAT to lose weight and reach goals. A lot of people, especially females, think less food is the key and I like to prove that yes, I not only practice what I preach, but it works!!
    yup!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    open.

if anyone on my f list closes theirs, i remove them.
    i love peeking too much.

if they don't like how i eat, screw em.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    For awhile I had it closed but now it's open. I think to everyone not just my friends. I had it closed until I started to get the hang of counting calories and found what worked for me. I also waited until I got more confident in my choices and stayed closer to my goal. Once I reached that point, I opened it.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Open to keep me accountable :)
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging a long time ago, but I closed it prior to that. I don't critique other people's food choices and I don't need anyone critiquing mine.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Open to my MFP friends only.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Open to my friends:)
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options

^^^This. Focused on my own wellness; if someone learns from me, great; if someone critiques and it's useful, that's great too; if someone's got an axe to grind, rest assured I'm ignoring it.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Wide open, I have some pretty great will power but the extra accountability has been a big help :-)
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Closed, it wouldn't tell anyone much anyway as I really only just stick the calories in to keep a note of them for my own benefit. There's no breakdown of meals and things.
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    Open to keep me accountable :)

yup this is what I do and I also don't mind friendly advice
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Closed; I'm doing it my way, watching my goals and learning from my mistakes.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Open. I like getting feedback, even if it isn't what I want to hear.
  • wisters
    wisters Posts: 84 Member
    Options

yup!

Ditto all of the above, besides, if I am going to go to the trouble of recording it I want it seen so I am accountable! I am at a point in my life where criticism is no big deal. If it is given in concern then I appreciate that someone cares and if it is given in meanspiritedness, then they have their own issues to deal with. I am definitely my own worst critic so I am not easily hurt by harsh words.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    open!! i need constant affirmation and attention or i get bored and mess up. sorry just being honest.