Do you keep your diary open/closed?

Options

Replies

• Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Profile Diary everything is open to anyone who wants to look If anyone sees something they feel can help I welcome it. If someone learns from me I am thrilled to have been helpful. If anyone wants to just pick on me I am secure enough in my progress and lifestyle to take it with a grain of salt ( I will log that grain of salt of course)
    To date I have had 1 person comment so I have to guess despite what we think not to many people are interested in an older not ripped fully dressed guy OH Well
    I also will rarely respond to a post that someone who has a closed profile puts up if they dont want anyone to see what they are about I cant get a feel who they are to respond to
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    open, because i want people to see you can eat and still lose weight!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Profile Diary everything is open to anyone who wants to look If anyone sees something they feel can help I welcome it. If someone learns from me I am thrilled to have been helpful. If anyone wants to just pick on me I am secure enough in my progress and lifestyle to take it with a grain of salt ( I will log that grain of salt of course)
    To date I have had 1 person comment so I have to guess despite what we think not to many people are interested in an older not ripped fully dressed guy OH Well
    I also will rarely respond to a post that someone who has a closed profile puts up if they dont want anyone to see what they are about I cant get a feel who they are to respond to

you are only friends with 4 people that's why!!! :)
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open, if people want to be critical fug em
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Open. I've lost 57 lbs, so no ones been overly critical about it either.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My diary is friends only, because I assume my friends are the only ones who would be interested in looking at it. I don't imagine random people in the forums would have any interest in clicking on it. And besides, it's kind of out of context without access to my activity feed, where I talk about my food and exercise and general thoughts and goals.

Or do people like to click on random diaries of forum posters? I don't really know what the norms are here. I only click on friends' diaries, when it shows on my feed that they've logged their meals for the day.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Mine is an open book. I'm pretty small so people don't think I eat when in fact I eat more than all of my MFP friends including the guys. I want my friends to know it's okay to eat and still be fit.
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, peak away :-) I have finally just managed to go a whole week being under my goal of 1400 cals NET. I didn't always eat clean to do it, but I got there and I lost 1.2 kg in the week :-)
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine is open and most of my friends have open Diaries too. If it is closed I ask them what the point is. We need to see what u have eaten that day so yes we can judge you. That's how we give each other support. I also like to see what healthy foods I can incorporate into my diet. Who's eating what and how healthy it is..........I've noticed a lot of ppl eat McDonlads and that is totally bad but if it fits in their calorie goal then it is all good......
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    Mine is open to friends and open to critique and advice. I love looking at others to see how they eat.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Closed; I'm doing it my way, watching my goals and learning from my mistakes.

^^This.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    so if something wasnt working before, ( months long plateau) and you changed it to work for your specific metabolic issues....and updated your status regularly as such...and people still commented on your goals in a negative fashion....( runon sentence..i know) would it be that bad? i personally dont think so....imho
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends =)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Closed. I find I get a wave of mixed messages if I don't ."You eat too many grain products" say the Paleo converts, "More grains" say others. "Too many/too few calories!" "OMFG, you ate a grape?!? Soooo much sugar!" Everyone has a different opinion, and I don't need to hear all of them. Especially from people who don't hold any nutritionist credentials. You know...
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine is open.
    It keeps me from eating TOO badly because I remember "Ohshiz, people can see my diary, I don't want to be cheating on my diet and looking like a bad influence."

Lol, like.. When someone is watching you do something, you instantly try your hardest, that's the feeling for me.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Open...kinda thought the point was to get feedback from others. If they're negative, I'm ok with it to a point...then if they become annoying about it they're gone.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open to public, because I honestly don't care what anyone thinks about me. They can look all they want and judge, but at the end of the day- I'm doing me.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Open to friends only. I've had people tell me that I should be eating more protein but didn't consider that negative. I heeded their advice and most times people compliment me on my clean eating and macros. I feel good about having friends look at it as mine have all been supportive.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    always open...if I switch something up I let people know....it keeps me accountable and helps others too!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only.
    And I couldn't really give you a reason why I chose it to be that way.