Horrifying Experience - warning...gross!

Options

Replies

• Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Maggots are nasty. But as a Burn Nurse you respect 'em. They can do wonders!

Just sayin'....

Spiders on the other hand......
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Heh... reminds me of the time I was doing landscaping in the yard with my husband and he said, "Honey, just go inside, take off your clothes, put them in the washer and get in the dryer. Now."

I must have disturbed a newly hatched batch of spiders, and they were all over me.

I'm normally ok with any kind of bugs. I love photographing spiders. I find them fascinating. But they should never touch me, and if they want to live in my house, they better pay the mortgage.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Ha ha....I ripped my shirt off once.....sorry to laugh, but it makes me laugh to think back to that. Same sort of story, I had a creepy crawly on me. You'll recover.
  • laurenleighlugo
    laurenleighlugo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Damnnn that's crazy! I would be traumatized too... I hope you can get over it. I really don't know what else to say
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have read this before my girlfriends came over tonight. I wouldn't have eaten anything.:sick: Sorry that happened to you. Bet your neighbors love you now!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This post is making my skin crawl. Eek.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Er. Mah. GERD!!!

I wonder how many calories I've burned shivering in horror and breaking out in goosebumps!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    LMAO is all i can say to this, so sorry you went through this
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Poor thing!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    bugs-21536071672_xlarge.jpeg
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would have cried too!!! omgosh that is horrific.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    do not google 'blowfly girl' or you will die, srsly.

but this totally reminded me of that.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I need a shower after reading this.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy.
    My brother was nice enough to take my son out tonight and give me a break to watch a movie and shower again. Unfortunately it didn't help. I still feel like I want to set my skin on fire.
    Think I will sleep with my old pal prince Valium tonight.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, seriously. Specially about the spider. I have a bad phobia of them :/ one night i was up late on the computer, it was around 2 am, and i was into whatever i was doing, just sitting quietly reading the screen, (wearing a long sleeved shirt) when something made me look down, and there were THREE black spiders on my arm. Not one, not two, but three. They werent huge or anything, but that kind of wasnt thepoint, you know? I SCREAMED and swiped madly at my arm, jumped up, pulled off the shirt, my bra, everything, and went and looked in the mirror to make sure there were no more on me. Then i put on some clean clothes and went in the bedroom and sat down to compose myself, and then the tears came. My bf was out with his friends, and i called him up and he said for the first minute of the conversation he thought someone had come into the apartment and hurt me :/ i could barely talk and was all 'i wa-i was-was sitting-and, and....'

I never wore that shirt again. Awful experience. One wouldve upset me a bit and been gross, but three? Thats like my worst nightmare, something out of a horror movie. I still have no idea how or why three crawled on me at once.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. That was just NASTY.
    *shudder*
    I am so not into bugs, any kind of them. I wouldda died.
    Gross.
    Feel better
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but that's awesome lol. Too bad you don't have it on video. Shi* like this never happens so it would of been funny to see on camera haha. Be glad it's only maggots and not something worse. Not sure what something worse is but.. I had a similar experience in my twenties, not with that many maggots though. I'd say about 100 or so. Same thing, a garbage can left outside for a few days and I ripped the garbage bag liner that was inside, or snagged it on something and a bunch of maggots fell out onto my bare feet. Well I had flip flops on but same thing almost. It didn't freak me out at all. I just pretended that they were miniature butterflies waiting to hatch from their cocoons lol. 1000 or so might of freaked me the F out like it did you I'm sure.
    I auditioned for a Fear Factor rip off type show years ago that never made it into production and had to walk through a raised bed garden full some kind of bug like a pincer bug? Can't remember what they were but there were thousands of them little effing things and they bit and it hurt like hell, so I didn't feel too bad walking all over them and killing them after that haha.
    Sorry you were traumatized lol. I really am not laughing at you at all, I just think your story is awesome and out there haha. Awesome like in a, "holy F did you just see what happened to that chick" kind of way. The fact that maggots kept pouring down on you in big quantities is what makes is so funny haha. Hope you're feeling better now :happy:

Hahaha is all I can say, this *kitten* is funny. That must've been damn funny to see, especially for the neighbors. Sorry she freaked out but as my dad told me when I was little, "It won't eat much!"
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Maggots are nasty. But as a Burn Nurse you respect 'em. They can do wonders!

Just sayin'....

Spiders on the other hand......

OMG. I would have to be heavily sedated in order to have maggots put on me. For spiders, I'd need CPR. :noway:

Edit: A couple of weeks ago, I was in the kitchen cleaning up. Something rather large landed on my left shoulder from behind me. When I realized what it was, I let out this really loud scream (like an 8 year old girl) and went running to the living room, heading for my husband. He heard my scream, knew something had to be wrong, and had already come running my way. When we met up, I was crying and freaking out, beating my clothes, trying to take them all off. A 2.5 inch long, flying tree roach had landed on me.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's amazing that all those bugs wanted to be in the same umbrella in such a short piece of time. I have never seen anything like that, and I work at a vineyard where we have umbrellas to open and close every day. That is just really nasty, I might even have torn off all my clothes. Yuck.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree! Ugh!
    I feel traumatized just reading about it Eeeeek!! :noway: