Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HUGE 90 calorie cookies

6oo6qv.jpg

Chocolate chip cookies will never be declared a health food, but you can make them less unhealthy by tweaking the ingredients a little. Here's a recipe for a lighter chocolate chip cookie that still manages to satisfy a sweet tooth!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 22 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, butter, and vanilla; stir in the brown sugar until smooth. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes.

Yields 24 cookies.

Per Cookie : Calories 92, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.4g, (sat 2.6g), Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 45mg, Carbohydrate 14.5g, Fiber 0.7g, Protein 1.2g
( really the cookie nutrition is going to different due to different flours, chocolate etc. )
( You could use applesauce of course instead of butter but.. the cookies are going to be more " chewy " and gummy like, they also won't rise very much. a small amount of butter WON'T hurt you. which is why I would just use real butter or coconut oil :happy: )

Replies

• Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    OMG they look so good, i am going to try these.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    A big smile for this:happy: However it still leaves me with 24 cookies LOOKING at me! Now What? :smile:
  • bump
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Sounds simple enough and they look pretty good. I would probably freeze the majority of them, but I'm not sure if I could stop at 1, 2, 3, etc. . . I'm still early in this journey so I may need to save for a later date, but thanks for sharing.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Not sure about the whole wheat flour - but overall sounds good! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    BUMP!!!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    A big smile for this:happy: However it still leaves me with 24 cookies LOOKING at me! Now What? :smile:

Give them away to neighbors/friends/etc, of course! :wink: Temptation is a horrible suffering, so might as well remove it :) Oh, okay...keep a *couple* for yourself...heh.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Those look good!! I think I may try to use the applesauce, because I do like my cookie more chewy. I may even try them with the white chips instead, since my son dislikes chocolate, for the most part and I wouldn't have him eating them otherwise. Thanks!!
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    bump
  • Worth a try. Thanks for posting this recipe.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    sounds delicious! but i dont have whole wheat flour, can i sub that with more regular flour? and if so, does the calories go higher? thanks!!!!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    bump:love:
  • sounds delicious! but i dont have whole wheat flour, can i sub that with more regular flour? and if so, does the calories go higher? thanks!!!!

Yes the calories will change depending on what kind of flour you use, I can't tell you the results for different flours but I'm sure regular flour would come out just fine.
  • Sounds simple enough and they look pretty good. I would probably freeze the majority of them, but I'm not sure if I could stop at 1, 2, 3, etc. . . I'm still early in this journey so I may need to save for a later date, but thanks for sharing.

You could always make a single serving cookie recipe (:
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Yum!
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Yeah a cookie recipe that looks good !
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Sounds good!
  • singthepoems
    singthepoems Posts: 3 Member
    I just tried your recipe tonight and WOW these are good cookies! They don't taste "light" at all. They're not as gooey as the cookies I usually make, but for less than half the calories they are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing :).
  • singthepoems
    singthepoems Posts: 3 Member
    P.S. I used all AP flour; I didn't have any whole wheat. Calorie count is 89 per cookie.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    bump