Poll: Do you have Stretch marks?

Options

Replies

• UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have them..even those celebrity guys you see in magazines. It's called Photoshop! Your genetics determine whether or not you'll get them..my mom had 5 children and doesn't have one stretch mark. I, on the other hand, have enough for both me and her. Their appearance improves over time, but I also use bio oil and strivectin sd..both have really worked for me.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Yes I do, on my hips, arms, legs, and breasts. My boyfriend has them on his arms, due to having larger arms..If someone doesn't like you because of them, their lose.
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    yep! i got them on my hips, breasts, and thighs when i was about 15 and went through puberty. they're all shiny and pink and magical and lovely now that it's been so long.
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Most men have them somewhere. It's totally normal, and I don't think it's unattractive. It's just part of being human.

Don't compare yourself to dudes in magazines. I'll wager most of those guys have a stretch mark or two, but photoshop takes it away before you see it.

LOL Pregosaurus we posted at the same time. Love the name, BTW :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Most men have them somewhere. It's totally normal, and I don't think it's unattractive. It's just part of being human.

Don't compare yourself to dudes in magazines. I'll wager most of those guys have a stretch mark or two, but photoshop takes it away before you see it.

LOL Pregosaurus we posted at the same time. Love the name, BTW :)

LOL I just noticed that also! Nice. Thanks! :)

OP: To answer your questions, yes I have them. I got a lot when I gained weight a few years ago, and I have new ones from pregnancy. I don't know anyone who doesn't have them somewhere, men and women alike.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sure, I them on the sides of my hips and on my stomach....but I've had 4 children. I wouldn't stress out too much about it.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    People in magazines are photoshoped... so don't compare... they aren't real. If you are gonna look at mags, pick up the enquirer and look at celebs without makeup or beached bodies - to see real photos.

Anyway, Mederma helps but is expernsive. You can buy straight Vit E oil and that helps too.
    I have had 5 surgeries and use both on my scars. When it worked, I used them on my stretch marks... I have stretch marks from gaining weight too fast.
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    My son got them all over his back when he liftd weights .. His doctor said that can happen, when skin is forced to stretch whether from pregnancy, weight gain or muscle building.
  • dachic4
    dachic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband (the guy in the pic with me) is 6'5 about 220lbs. He's got stretch marks on his arms and underarms. He is super lean and super sexy. His stretch marks do not phase me in the least. They are just part of him. I am sure your stretch marks are barely noticeable compared to all that muscle you are carrying around.
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    Got 'em, and I hate them. Rub cocoa butter, vitamin E, or bio-oil 2-6 times a day.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have them on my booty, sides, thighs, and my breasts ( which faded nicely)
    The ones on my side came from a growth spurt , I guess. I was NEVER fat. The ones on my thighs, sides and butt probably came from my eating disorder. My weight was going up and down rapidly. Ive been getting even more now on my bottom since I've started working out like crazy. I even see little white ones on my arm. But it's whatever. I used to cry and scream about them. Not going to make them go away. I even think t they're kinda cute now lol
    I just massage them with oils, and cocoa butter 2 times a day & drink lots of green tea and water.
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    Got 'em, and I hate them. Rub cocoa butter, vitamin E, or bio-oil 2-6 times a day.
  • MiChaChelle
    MiChaChelle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i have lost weight a bunch of times and gained it all back because i never did it the healthy way. i have stretch marks all over my abdomen, it is not pretty to look at. Tanning made it better though, it's less obvious now but still present
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I always had stretch marks, it's in my genetics, people in my family have very thin skin, so even most skinny people have them. The only way to mask them is to sunbath until they're barely visible.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Losing weight not healthy way has nothing to do with stretch marks, although I agree that for girls exercise and losing weight can reduce them.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have tiger stripes. I was a chubby kid and had one pregnancy, so they have faded in time.. but are still there.
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have a lot on my stomach and arms/shoulders, they've been fading b/c I use coconut oil, Palmers cocoa butter PASTE (looks like Aquaphor), St. Ives Collagen Elastin lotion, and a CLEAN EATING diet/water/exercise.

Once I'm down to my goal weight, I'm getting the lasting scars laser removed, as a reward for myself. :D (Because female pro wrestlers don't have stretch marks....at least I don't think).
  • foxymoxeyxo
    foxymoxeyxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks since I was in the seventh grade when I had what I look back & say now is an "ideal shape" lol. I thought they were bruises before my mom explained they were stretch marks, lol.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I got them :/
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have them! From gaining 70 lbs and from puberty. Puberty ones went away... but the 70 lb gain looks like they are here to stay. It's like I got pregnant from the fat and gave birth to it from losing weight. They went from red to white which is good but they are EVERYWHERE lol. It's not very cool but seems to be something most people have.