Poll: Do you have Stretch marks?

Options

Replies

• rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For sure. I've never been technically overweight a day in my life, but there are times I've been more fit or less fit. Still, I've been active my whole life and got stretch marks just from going through puberty. They've never quite left. They're on my thighs/hip area. But mainly the thighs. I hate 'em, but I don't think anyone else notices them as much as I do. I have a lot of scars, too, and I'm going to buy some cocoa butter lotion soon to help fade both the scars and the stretch marks. I used to use cocoa butter all the time, and I swear my stretch marks showed up less then.

I have a guy friend who is in super good shape-- he rides a motorcycle and has a muscular body but is skinny, you know the type-- and he told me the other day that he has stretch marks too, just from growing several inches in one year. I think it's normal to have stretch marks. They suck, but all kinds of people have them, and if you remember that, it's not so bad. All the advertisements and cover photos of models/celebs we see are so touched up with photoshop that we start to think our skin should all be flawless, too. But sometimes I google celebrities' paparazzi pictures just to see which ones have cellulite, stretch marks, acne, etc., and it's pretty much ALL OF THEM!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have a few here and there.

Honestly, I believe every person with stretch marks should hold their heads up high and wear them proudly. Strive to be confident in every part of who you are. Not only will the stretch marks disappear from your sight, they'll disappear from the sight of others also.
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yup I do from gaining a 2 stone over 2 years. I had a few on my thighs from getting taller as a teenager. My ex had some on his arms from lifting weights and my current bf has a couple on his hips. Almost every man I know has some horizontal stretch marks on their backs I assume from growing taller when they were young. I havent met anyone who did weight training who DIDNT have any :P

* People in mags are photoshopped obviously but a lot of celebs may wear body foundation (no seriously its real) MAC make a body foundation just like the stuff for your face which is used very very often on photoshoots/in films.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I don't have them, but I did when I weighted 225lbs. Initially, when I dropped down to 130lbs, I had some stretch marks from being overweight. However, I am loosing weight again (from being sedentary), and I don't have any stretch marks now. Thank goodness. However, I do drink between 14 and 20 glasses of water a day. That may be the reason.
  • boydsterk
    boydsterk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Because I've yo-yo'd weight so much, I have them on my legs - and hips.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yep, thighs and boobs and sides of torso from losing 51 pounds ...by BF has them all over, arms, stomach, sides as he lost 150 pounds
  • amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of stretch marks but mine are super light in color and skinny.

I went through a huge weight gain when i hit puberty due to PCOS.

I literally gained 100lbs.

After that, my body was never the same.
    I use lotion to keep them light and from getting worse over time.

I honestly dont mind them as much because they arnt dark in color. If they were darker in color i may feel more self conscious.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Most men have them somewhere. It's totally normal, and I don't think it's unattractive. It's just part of being human.

Don't compare yourself to dudes in magazines. I'll wager most of those guys have a stretch mark or two, but photoshop takes it away before you see it.

This.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    "They come about when your body grows faster than your skin can compensate." I agree with this. My son has stretch marks on his feet because they grew (and are still growing) too fast for his skin to compensate. I have stretch marks due to pregnancy. Try Mederma® Stretch Marks Therapy. :) Lots of success stories on the website for the product. Somewhat expensive though, but I guess you get what you pay for... Worth a try before considering surgery. :) Good luck.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have them on my stomach, arms and back yuck:embarassed:
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have them on my breasts and hips, two places that developed rather quickly during puberty.. In fourth grade.
    I hate them, so freakin' much. I hate wearing a bikini because of them, but thankfully, they've faded some.
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember not having them. I was a tiny kid til I hit 10 and all hell broke loose. My body grew up and out, I was 5'3 and 150lbs in 5th grade....

I have them on my arms, back, legs, and chest and I've battled with them for quite some time, I'm 33. My mom, on the other hand, may have one.

I keep telling myself acceptance is key my friend...
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yea but only from pregnancy 3 times

same here.
  • MitchIsBeast
    Options
    Holy **** people actually posted on here.
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I got them when I just gained and lost weight a couple times and got more when I had my kid. They never go away!
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yep, from yoyo dieting during my teens and 20's. I have them on my arms, stomach and a couple on my boobs. They have faded to silver/white and are hard to see with fake tan on :smile:
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i have stretch marks. tummy and arms and yes i hate em, think they are so forking ugly.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my stomach and hips and light ones on the back of my arms. I wear mine with pride, to serve as a reminder to not overeat and will do so until the fat is gone from there. Then I'll see about getting rid should I feel the need to do so. although I'd be more likely to get them tattooed over.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I started getting stretch marks at the age of 12. I have 5'6" in the 5th grade, and chubby, but it got worse through my pre-teens. I started crazy dieting/fads/pills causing insane losses/gains, and today at the age of 19 you'll see silvery colored stretch marks on my inner thighs, my hips, a few on my breasts, inner arms and a couple on my lower back. I'm not ashamed of them though. They're hardly noticeable, and just sort of a reminder that I don't want to go back to my weird dieting phase. I need to continue what I have going on now, because I've never been this thin, fit, or healthy.
  • MitchIsBeast
    Options
    Dang It feel goods to know Im not the only one