ghosts

Options

Replies

• CassandraM22
    Options
    Yes, I believe. When I was young we moved around a lot, most of the time to the oldest houses imaginable. I've seen and heard a lot of stuff in my life. It doesn't scare me because I've always been around stuff, had my first experience when I was 8 years old. Had the worst experience of my life about 7 years ago.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i ate one once

How did that fit into your daily goals?

Also, I don't believe in ghosts, and I have no desire to believe. It's the same thing with an afterlife/heaven/whatever- I don't want to think that my loved ones or myself would be forced to experience life after death.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread on another board yes I sure do.

Great stories for those interested

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/34278910/Lets-talk-about-ghosts.aspx
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Ok, this thread has honestly given me the creeps!

Yes, I do believe in ghosts.. I don't have any personal experiences (that I can remember) but my mom, grandma and Aunt all swear that the house my mom and I lived in when I was really little was haunted. My mom has alot of stories that have happened there that she can't explain and so does my grandma.

My grandma said when she was babysitting me one night (I was probably about 2 years old), I was sleeping in my room and nobody else was there besides my grandma. My mom and dad were working. My grandma was sitting on the couch watching TV when she heard the back door open and foot steps in the kitchen...Then she heard the fridge open and footsteps going up the stairs. She called out to say hello because she thought it was my dad getting home from work... When she didn't hear anything back, she got up and didn't see anyone. The backdoor was still locked. Nobody was there.

There are plenty of other stories I've heard from my family that really made me believe but I'm not going to type them out because I probably can't tell them as good as they could and I'm too tired right now. lol

But yep, I do believe.
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    what about you handyman, any stories to tell or are you just a looky loo?

I do have an experience. I am not sure it it was a ghost, demon, creature, or animal. It was several years ago in the fall when I used to live with my parents. I was coming home one evening and went though the side gate to enter though the back door as I was accustom of doing. For some reason, I thought something was behind mere staring at me. I turned and a saw a figure "standing" only about 2-3 feet tall in the distance. It almost looked like a small child in a snow suit. It was in the corner of the back yard in the shadows so I could not make out any details. Quite confused, I turned and started taking a step towards its direction. Just then it went from standing to all fours, it let out a grunt and literally jumped over my parents six foot fence. It didn't climb it, it jump over it. Needless to say, I grabbed my house key and like you see in he movies I tried to unlock the door but couldnt due to my frantic nature. I caused such a commotion trying to unlock the door my mother awoke and let me in. She knew I was distraught so I told her the story. We both looked out the back door but saw nothing. I looked out the front door and down in the distance I saw what ever it was standing again near a tree. It didn't move. I showed my mother but she couldn't see it because it wouldn't move. Just as she was about to give up and chock it up to my imagination, it once again dropped to all ours and ran in the opposite direction of the house.

Many say it sounds like a bear but I live in the city of Saint Louis, so I don't see how it could be. Others think it cold have been a monkey or ape. I just not know but it definitely was something.

Thank you for making me shat myself
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    I havent had first hand experience but one night I fell asleep on the couch. I am totally out when I sleep and have NEVER sleepwalked ever. Well, the next day my wife asked me why I was standing in the doorway of our bedroom just standing there. She said she could feel me standing there, woke up, said my name, and then I turned and walked away. I told her I was dead asleep on the couch all night and that wasnt me. Of course she freaked and told me to tell her I was kidding. I wasnt, it wasnt me. About a month later my mother-in-law tells me she went to high school with one of the kids that used to live in that house. He died of cancer his senior year. She said he was about my height. I put 2 and 2 together...of course I told my wife :) I like scaring people. I later found old Playboy magazine pages from 1967 in our basement ceiling tiles while doing work one night. I figured they were his and put them right back there for him :)

Precursor to next story: We had moved away from that house but were able to get back in the house before anyone else moved in or was in there.
    ANYWAY...my wife and I had 3 miscarriages while in that house. One was especially tough because she was almost 20 weeks pregnant at the time. I had written our baby a lil card/note and put it in the ceiling tiles near the Playboys (keep each other company) before we moved. A few months after we moved we were able to get back in the house before anyone else was in there and I noticed there were downed ceiling tiles (they were pulled down) were I placed the card. I was FREAKED out! NOBODY else was in the house and nobody knew I had put anything in the ceiling tiles.

So, yea, I believe.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I always believed it was possible. I have a kid that seems to be sensitive to those things. My grandmother passed a few years before she was born. I was given her armoir where she kept all her perfumes, jewellery. I moved into my daughters nursery. Immediately after she was born I started smelling my grandmas perfume at night in her room. It had been in my room and NEVER had that happen. I chalked it up to some natural phenomen and let it go. As my daughter got older - she would babble to it as she fell asleep. I finally have it to my mom to keep. She's never had an issue.
    This same daughter - when she was 4 - we went to an Indian burial site for a kite flying event. She screamed and covered her eyes and said the people in the woods were watching. I hadn't to her anything about it before. I tried to get her to go and she wouldn't budge another inch.
    Fast forward a few years when we moved into this house. There was/is something here. Even I can't deny it now. Dark shadows. Things get turned on or knocked over. The words "I am God" we're written on the wall of my locked garage one day. I snspped a pic, grabbed the kids and left. It was gone when we came back. My mom wont enter my house without her bible and cross necklace. We had a fire in Jan and were out of our home until may. Since we've been back... It's been quiet. I'm hoping maybe it's done.
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    I don't believe in anything supernatural(ghosts, spirits, souls, deities).

Its all hogwash.
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    I don't want to think that my loved ones or myself would be forced to experience life after death.

That would be truly awful. If there was an afterlife I'd probably take the option to opt out.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    No personal experience, but I do believe.

My (now ex-) wife saw something on the Gettysburg battlefield at night that scared her enough that she ejected the "self guided ghost tour" CD we were listening too, and made me drive straight back to the hotel. With the headlights on in front of me my eyes were not adjusted to the dark and so I did not see whatever it was that she saw, but it freaked her the hell out. We got some interesting photo's on that trip too. I believe most orbs are dust or bugs but we got some stuff that was "shapes" and not perfectly round. Could very well still be something natural, but more interesting than the normal "OMG ORBZ!" type photos.
  • srslycolette
    srslycolette Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do believe in ghosts, but I don't believe they can hurt you or anything...
    I'm from St. Francisville, LA, home of the Myrtles Plantation (one of America's most haunted :wink: ), and I used to live in a plantation w my grandma. My cousin and I swear we saw a young girl on several occasions down the stairs, but not many people will listen to a 7 and 10 yr old Haha. We also saw a Loup Garou, but that's a different kind of supernatural.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Any one with evidence of paranormal activity can win one million dollars from the James Randi Educational Foundation.

After many years the total number of proven cases still stands at a whopping 0.
  • velasdream
    Options
    As evidenced by last night, and my terror of getting out of bed to pee after watching a Korean horror film about ghosts, I sure as hell believe in them at 3am when all the lights are off :/

LOLOL!! I make it a policy to NEVER watch Asian horror films! They mess up my head! I don't think I'll ever get past "Ringu."
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I actually took a Parapsychology class...it was pretty interesting. I was very skeptical, but there were definitely some things that happened that I can not explain. I have had several experiences in my life that happened to me personally, and while I only saw something once in the many experiences, I have felt things I can't explain...cold spots, noises, a feeling of a presence I couldn't explain. We lived in this house & I would see things out of the corner of my eye & my brother heard someone running in the house once. I never had a good feeling in that house. My dad had an aortic dissection in that house & he said one night he was up & he looked at his alarm clock & something passed over it & blocked it momentarily...creepy. I saw something in that house that I can't explain & there was an urgency in whatever it was trying to tell me...it was like the house was on fire...whenever I told anyone about my experience, I would describe it like whatever it was was trying to save me from a fire...well, after we moved, there was a fire & it would have been in my bedroom!!! I was really glad to get out of that house....
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Any one with evidence of paranormal activity can win one million dollars from the James Randi Educational Foundation.

After many years the total number of proven cases still stands at a whopping 0.

I will haunt you. How do I win that money?
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love hearing these stories. I do believe :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    ?Yes. Im a man of science and matter can not be destroyed or created so where does it go when we die
    As a scientist is always bothers me a little when people use the First Law of Thermodynamics to justify souls, heaven, hell etc. That's not the way energy works. The 'soul' is a chemical process produced in the brain. When you die that energy dissipates as heat and a chemical breakdown of an organism. The small amount of electrical energy being produced stops. Like hitting the power button on any object.
    There is nothing left.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    As a scientist is always bothers me a little when people use the First Law of Thermodynamics to justify souls, heaven, hell etc. That's not the way energy works. The 'soul' is a chemical process produced in the brain. When you die that energy dissipates as heat and a chemical breakdown of an organism. The small amount of electrical energy being produced stops. Like hitting the power button on any object.
    There is nothing left.

Scientists thought the the Earth was the center of the universe at one stage and mice spontaneously generated from moist hay... thus I keep an open mind to most things.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    There is nothing left.

Scientists thought the the Earth was the center of the universe at one stage and mice spontaneously generated from moist hay... thus I keep an open mind to most things.
    Science also proved that the Earth is not the center of the universe. That does not make the argument invalid that the First Law of Thermodynamics is being used incorrectly in this scenario.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I would but they told me if I shared they'd come back for my wife...

Wait a second... on second thought...

So there I was sound a sleep when out of no where a thounderou....