Starting before picture. Trying not to cry.

Options

Replies

• mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You are too hard on yourself. The fact you are starting this journey in prearation for a healthy future, is full credit to you. And you are beautiful...

That ^^

Would you think badly of anyone else on here that posted their pic as you did of your own? The photo of you and your babies is proof of a life lead well.
    My photo is still much worse. I've been documenting the inches lost and some photo's...they are excruciating for me to see and look at.....just me though.

Be proud that this is your starting photo and just imagine how you will look when you are done. Give your husband an extra hug for his unconditional love and support. Having a supporting spouse is half of the battle right there!
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started at 181 and went to 145 in just 4 months with very little exercise. I ate 1200 a day cutting out crap basically and went for 20 minute walks 3 or 4 times a week. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Now I want to tone up a bit as I am quite flabby but not worried about it as with my clothes on I look quite good. If I could do it anybody can !
  • fernanda78
    Options
    I think ur amazing!!! I did NOT post ANY before pics till after my 20 lbs loss...as I continued losing..it became a little more comfortable. BUT THAT'S WHAT I MEAN...I did not HAVE the courage u have. VERY VERY SWEET hubby....more reason to continue to be devoted and AMAZING. Any questions u have...I'M HERE.

P.S don't cry...BE PROUD!
  • patentpope
    Options
    The hardest thing about dieting is often simply starting, and you've crossed that hurdle. You've also made a good start coming to MFP. I've found that more than anything else it's been the awareness of what I eat that MFP brings that's helped me the most. When you log everything you eat, you realize how high in calories some things are. And when you realize how high-calorie those things are, you can more easily avoid them. Moreover, I've been surprised how getting rid of a few things that seem small have made a huge difference.

Just take it a day at a time and you'll be surprised at how quickly the pounds come off. I've lost 16 pounds in about 10 weeks, and I haven't been nearly as diligent as I could have been. I'm sure you'll do fine.
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!! Taking before photos was a horrible experience for me but I just have to try to think about how great it will feel when that is no longer me!
  • Brunchstress
    Options
    I DO think you are beautiful!! This is the worst it's going to be... think positively, try hard, log everything you eat or burn and YOU WILL BE HEALTHY AND FIT!

Try to stay away from sodium/salt and artificial sweeteners and processed foods. This will help you lose the belly fat.

Add me as a friend if you would like additional support.

You're body and mind are just going to get better from here on out.

Good luck!
  • dgr93
    dgr93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of people that have replied, you are still beautiful... making the decision to change your life and get healthy is one thing, but this shows you're doing something about it which is amazing :) don't be too hard on yourself. theres always someone on here any time of day to offer you support when you need it so youve come to the right place. Best of luck to you x
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I wanted to cry at my before pictures, too. But you'll be glad you took them. It will make your victory that much sweeter when you see how far you've come.
    You've started! You are on your way! No turning back now! :drinker:
  • M08distel
    M08distel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is totally embarrasing, and Im trying not to cry looking at this. I took a pic today to serve as my before pic, and to add a little motivation to my weight loss journey. Im at 182 lbs right now. My belly is my biggest problem area right now. Though I also do want to tone up my legs and my arms as well. I was 135 when I met my hubby and very athletic. He still says I look the same and im beautiful and while thats sweet and romantic, the picture proves I dont look the same. I wanna be healthy again. And I want energy to keep up with my family. Heres hoping Ive got the strength to stick with it.

August 19th. 2012. 182 lbs. Chest 43". Waist 41". Hips 44". Thighs 25". BMI 30.3

f1l7k5.jpg
  • M08distel
    M08distel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I uploaded a picture of me before I started my weight loss journey. I just don't know how to post it here. What I can tell you is go to my page and look at my pictures. I'm sure you can figure it out.. When I saw it, I sat down & cried. I gave myself a nickname at that time wrote it across the top of the picture with the caption below "Never Again"! The nickname I gave myself was "Jabba the Hut". I 'm sure any "Star Wars" fan will appreciate the resemblance! Anyway, I have kept that picture beside my desk since it was taken in the summer of 2009. I've never been a small person but this was by far the largest I had ever been in my life and I was mortified. Hold your head up and be proud of yourself for the steps you are taking. You are an amazing person whether you realize it right now or not.
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to a healthier new you! As a mother of 4, the youngest if whom is 11 months I feel your pain. I find it ironic that when we're pregnant we're so proud of our growing tummies even posting monthly pics of our "progress" and after we have our babies we hide our deflated bellies like they were illegal contraband. This site and the support of its members Will definitely be a help to you in your journey. Good Luck.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I started with 183 lbs at 5'7 in April 2012 and is around 178-180 lbs right now. It is taking it's slow time to come off but I walk on the trail near my apartment every night and I measure everything I eat. I wanted to cry when my gynecologist want to talk about my weight problem which I didn't think I had one but he was worried about diabetes in my family because my grandma passed away from complication of diabetes that led to 2 heart attacks almost 2 years ago. My mom had borderline ovarian cancer and my biological father's mother had cervical and breast cancer. The gynecologist told me if I don't have any motivation make my future baby that I hopefully will have as my motivation :happy: You can do this and I can too!!! :flowerforyou:
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    if you check my profile and my pics, you'll see one of me in a bathing suit... i was over 200 and it took tons of courage to put that pic up, so I give you tons of props and pats on the back for that!! It's a long road, but stay strong and you'll do great !!!
  • pantsyfance
    Options
    You are amazing, brave, and beautiful. Good luck to you!
  • Mamawbooboo
    Options
    I agree with everyone on here!!! @mo8distel Yes they are all so nice on here I am new and already like it:)
  • angelaspinella
    Options
    We were almost the exact same weight. I started out at 187 and I'm down to 135. I know you can do it! Friend me if you want. All the best to you on this journey!
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    Bless you!:flowerforyou:

That was a very brave thing to do. Not for us, but for you. You CAN do this! Stay strong, log on here everyday and get a good group of MFP friends for support.

It won't be long before you're wowing us with your after picture! :drinker: I look forward it! Good luck :smile:
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am working on losing 40 lbs. i've used this for a week so far an have lost my first 4 lbs. I have found it really helpful to use the food diary and to plan on between 1300 and 1500 cals a day. I have set a mini goal and I am going to achieve it! Also planning to start the nhs couch to 5k exercise program. Not brave enough to join a gym yet.
    Jane
  • softsculptor
    Options
    Honey, you can do it! There are so many people on here that serve as a testament to that. Here are a few tips!

1. Make short term goals as well as long term goals.
    2. Buy a food scale and weigh everything, log everything.
    3. Cut out soda and juice, and limit alcohol.
    4. Scour recipe websites to learn new, lighter ways of preparing food.
    5. Come up with a mangeable exercise routine...even if it is floor exercises and walks with the kids.
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I began my journay on the 24th of July weighing 264lbs.

I never took my measurements out of pure terror!!!

Yesterday I got my hubby to do the before photos for me.

I sobbed like a baby out of pure humiliation and horror, and that was before I saw the pics.

You be strong girl, you've already taken huge strides.

Wish I was as brave as you!!!!!!