How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I was thinking once a week, but have read to do it more often than that. How often should you weigh yourself?

Replies

• bahlquist
    Options
    every other day
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't. Only when I go to the doctor. I let my clothes tell me. Lately my measuring tool has been a skirt that was very, I mean very too tight about a month ago and last week I put it on again and this time I could zip it. Hope this helps.
  • pjeddy741
    Options
    Honestly- I weigh daily in the mornings. It motivates me and really keeps me on track with staying on my calorie goals. If I only weigh weekly- I tend to have poorer eating habits at the beginning of the week and then try to "catch up" with my calories reduction for the end of the week and usually have poorer weigh loss.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning when I get out of bed and after I exit the bathroom.
  • ndm9one
    ndm9one Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week (every sunday); aka my "rest day" for the INSANITY program
  • ckhonda
    ckhonda Posts: 6
    Options
    every morning before i eat or drink anything.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also every morning upon waking. Measurements are once a week
  • lifescircle
    Options
    I weigh ever morning. I record my weight once a week, Monday morning.
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    3 times a day. Obviously unhealthy -.-
  • PerfectAndi
    Options
    I use to everyday but now I'm leaning toward every few days.
  • effcla
    effcla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Used to weigh once a week but after I had a transplant a couple of years ago, they required me to weigh everyday to make sure I didn't gain alot of weight from day to day (could signal a rejection). Since then, I weigh everyday out of habit but only record my weight on Monday mornings.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    I don't. I just use calipers to measure percent body fat
  • Roydan
    Roydan Posts: 2
    Options
    Every night before showering.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I was scale obsessed for a long time.. I would weigh myself
    Atleast 3-4 times a day. Now I've learned that's not such a smart thing to do since
    We weigh different throughout the day
    I now weigh in every Friday :-)
  • nicolars1977
    Options
    every morning before breakfast
  • kpagan69
    Options
    According to my weight loss doctor.. he recommends every day weighing self. Same time of day and with same clothes. I tend to do as part of my morning ritual. His philosophy is if weighing everyday you can make adjustments to dietary habits before you are in a week and gain 5 pounds..
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weight every Friday morning. I chose Friday because I am not as strict with my meals on the weekends so I did not want to weigh on Monday morning. I sometimes check during the week to see how I am doing but only post the weight on Friday.
  • mrsalbertie
    Options
    Sunday mornings. And if I feel like things are going good. On Wednesday.
  • Skych123
    Skych123 Posts: 96
    Options
    I check the scale every morning but only record it once a week mid morning to try and keep a more accurate log
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Honestly- I weigh daily in the mornings. It motivates me and really keeps me on track with staying on my calorie goals. If I only weigh weekly- I tend to have poorer eating habits at the beginning of the week and then try to "catch up" with my calories reduction for the end of the week and usually have poorer weigh loss.

same, first thing in the morning after using the washroom, always allowing 5 or so pounds of fluctuating wiggle room.
    it really does keep you on track, make you want to eat really well that day, makes you want to work out. it can turn into an obsession though so be careful