How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Once a week is fine. Any more than that, and you will just get a bunch of crappy data. I follow the same routine, and try to weigh myself at about the same time leading up to my weigh in.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing every 2-3 days but I only record the results once a week.
  • naysjp
    naysjp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week at the same time of the day with my shoes off and emtpy pockets. So I don't flip out if I retain water and the scale says more than it did the previous day. Once a week, keeps me from being obsessed with the scale. Helps me enjoy my weigh in when I see that I am lighter than the previous week.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i weight myself probably around 10 times a day, its really unhealthy how obsessive i am with it
  • Sheradd
    Sheradd Posts: 5
    Options
    I go every wednesday to be weighed at a friend's house.. I think that is a better idea then weighing myself everyday at home.
  • caffeinic
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself every couple of days or so. Though I'm thinking of trying to do it daily, now, after reading all the replies here.
  • Booobarella
    Options
    I am one of those people who can become very easily obsessed with the numbers on the scales, I have a lot of weight fluctuation due to how messed up my lady cycle is so I stopped weighing myself everyday. I weigh myself every few days, with my official weigh in day being Saturday morning, when I wake up after using the bathroom.
    It is a good day for me to do it as I am always tempted to just go to the drive thru fast food places on Friday nights on my way home. It helps to keep me on track.
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much everyday. I just take it with a grain of salt. I know how much our bodies fluctuate. If I gain it makes me more focused. If I lose, I pat myself on the back. I just don't allow it to make me crazy. I just want to see overall progress.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Daily in the mornings, before I eat anything. And I make sure that scale is set at zero.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every morning. My weight, like everyone's, fluctuates so I don't get too tied to the up or down of the number. Just try to keep the trend going in the right direction. I also, create a chart with weekly weights to see that trend. Having said that, I only post weight losses to MFP...
  • scb18
    scb18 Posts: 20
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily but it was driving me nuts even if I had only gained an ounce from the day before! Currently, I've been weighing myself once a week sometimes less. I also like seeing the pounds coming off opposed to an ounce which I would see when I used to weigh myself daily.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Roll out of bed, hit the potty, weigh in. Usually log on Fridays since I'm off.
  • vicmiles1982
    vicmiles1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Weight flucuates so much, it's not good to weigh anymore than that.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    every other day
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I suggest every two weeks as this will take in account of any *corrections* in weight your body may make causing frustrations when you may lose 4 lbs, but gain 1 lbs the next week
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started this diet 35 days ago I honestly get on the scale way too much and obsess about it. I do it three times a day. After I wake up and go to the bathroom. Second time is usually around dinner time and then a third time right before bed. Interesting how your weight fluctuates throughout the day. I've seen it change as much as 3 or 4 pounds. In reality, I ought to just check it in the morning a few times a week.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Only once a week, Saturday a.m
    I don't need to get upset, to see the ups and down. I'm content with once a week
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    oh heck, i weigh like every 45 minutes. lol. it's not frustrating for me because obviously i know i'm gonna weigh more during the day when i've drank and eaten something. but it's just so tempting! and i still like seeing those lower numbers so what the heck. and it definitely keeps me accountable to my calories to weigh every morning before i eat. i also like to know how much water i'm retaining if i ate alot of sodium the day before.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Constantly.

I bought shoes that have scales built into them so I will always know how much I weigh.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much everyday. I just take it with a grain of salt. I know how much our bodies fluctuate. If I gain it makes me more focused. If I lose, I pat myself on the back. I just don't allow it to make me crazy. I just want to see overall progress.

^^^^^^^ I just try not to get obsessed with gains as we all fluctuate from day to day