Options
13»

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok.... GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS...

Good News first...
    I did AWESOME this week. After getting off track a bit, I have gotten myself back into the swing of things. I joined the gym. I have gotten back into my exercise routine (almost...I still need to kick it up another notch to be doing what I was doing) I am eating breakfast and I have not been eating after 6 PM... I'm watching what I put in my mouth ...staying within my calories... So, YAY me for getting back in the groove...

Bad News...
    SIGH I didn't lose an ounce. I seriously was expecting about a 2 lb loss. I FEEL like I have lost some poundage... I don't know what the deal is!!! Seriously, a few years ago, I could have already dropped 50 pounds by now... Now, I struggle to get just one pound off!! It drives me crazy. I used to could just THINK about losing weight and I would lose... It is sort of discouraging.. I'm not going to lie... BUT I know I have to stick with what I am doing and eventually, the scale will congratulate me.
    I just wish I could find a way to get more pounds off during the week. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing... Diet and exercise!! The two BIGGIES!!! So, I know I SHOULD be losing weight...
    Its frustrating... BUT I'm going to keep at it!!! Hopefully, I will have better news next week....

KandyJo - weight can be lost...but it is SO much harder the older you get and after you have kids! The worst part for me so far is when the weight does come off my body isn't the same...at this weight in my 20's I was a size smaller than I am this time in my 30's after kids. Just remember that the weight WILL come off but NOTHING will be the same this time around. Try not to compare this journey with the last, because this time it's a whole life style change and slow & steady wins the race :flowerforyou:

I'm realizing that a little every day! :laugh: When you turn 30 EVERYTHING changes :noway: But, I want to be healthy! I want to be a healthy weight! I can totally accept the fact that my body won't look exactly like it did before.. I just HATE that it is taking so long for the weight to come off when I am doing the right thing. I want these 3 and 4 lbs losses a week like these other gals are having :laugh: I'm so freakin' impatient....:grumble:
    BUT....its all good. I keep telling myself to just slow down.. enjoy the journey... It will happen... I'm getting healthier every day by the good decisions I am making... and eventually, my body will shrink :happy: Sometimes, its just really hard for me to convince myself :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Oh My God ... What A Stressful Day At Work!!!! Thank Goodness I have a Zumba Class tonight to help me de-stress!!

stressed-out.jpg

I AM SO FREAKIN' JEALOUS!!!! I miss my zumba class!!!! I am still so ticked with my gym for taking it off the schedule for such a stupid reason (the woman "in charge" and my zumba instructor didn't get along)... I am doing Jazzercise now... Decent workout and great cardio... BUT I MISS ZUMBA :cry: :sad:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Here it is!!

http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/index.html

Congrats Datenshi!!!

I'll repost it Monday after I add the friday weighers. Yay! I'm off for the weekend! Have a good one guys!!

Datenshi ROCKS!!!! :drinker:
    Thanks so much for keeping everything updated!!! :heart: :drinker:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Oh My God ... What A Stressful Day At Work!!!! Thank Goodness I have a Zumba Class tonight to help me de-stress!!

stressed-out.jpg

I AM SO FREAKIN' JEALOUS!!!! I miss my zumba class!!!! I am still so ticked with my gym for taking it off the schedule for such a stupid reason (the woman "in charge" and my zumba instructor didn't get along)... I am doing Jazzercise now... Decent workout and great cardio... BUT I MISS ZUMBA :cry: :sad:

Well ... I lifted something wrong at work today, on top of everything else that was going on ... So no Zumba for me tonight ... ouch! Oh well, I'll take it as my higher power's way of telling me to take a rest.
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    Ugh I've been having a hard time lately and I've decided to try to get back on board with this. I decided at the beginning of Nov to try to lose 1.5 lbs per week to get down to 178 by Christmas but it's just not happening. I took my calories down to 1250 from about 1400 and it ended with me eating too much and going back to old habits. So yesterday to take a break from work I decided to re-evaluate my goals. I had to come to terms with the fact that I will not be 178 by Christmas *sigh* (still not thrilled about it). I looked at my weight lose over the last 10 months and it averages out to about 3.4 lbs per month, the highest was 8 lbs in February and the lowest was 0.5 lbs in March. I decided to change my goal to be 3.5 - 4 lbs per month rather than 1.5lbs a week. I've upped my calories to 1550 and I'm praying this is a better way to go. So June Starters here are my new goals:

back to 189 by December 1
    185.5 by January 1
    181.5 by February 1
    178 by March 1
    174 by April 1

I know that seems like a very slow way to lose weight but I was getting very discouraged even when I would lose weight but be off track for my ambitious 1.5lbs a week. And of course if it comes off sooner I'll gladly take it :bigsmile:

Thanks for reading my super long rant. Love the June Starters!!!:heart:
  • kandyjo
    Options

stressed-out.jpg

Well ... I lifted something wrong at work today, on top of everything else that was going on ... So no Zumba for me tonight ... ouch! Oh well, I'll take it as my higher power's way of telling me to take a rest.

Our bodies have a way of reminding us that we are only human :laugh: :laugh: I really do hope that you are feeling better.... pulled muscles are NO FUN!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ugh I've been having a hard time lately and I've decided to try to get back on board with this. I decided at the beginning of Nov to try to lose 1.5 lbs per week to get down to 178 by Christmas but it's just not happening. I took my calories down to 1250 from about 1400 and it ended with me eating too much and going back to old habits. So yesterday to take a break from work I decided to re-evaluate my goals. I had to come to terms with the fact that I will not be 178 by Christmas *sigh* (still not thrilled about it). I looked at my weight lose over the last 10 months and it averages out to about 3.4 lbs per month, the highest was 8 lbs in February and the lowest was 0.5 lbs in March. I decided to change my goal to be 3.5 - 4 lbs per month rather than 1.5lbs a week. I've upped my calories to 1550 and I'm praying this is a better way to go. So June Starters here are my new goals:

back to 189 by December 1
    185.5 by January 1
    181.5 by February 1
    178 by March 1
    174 by April 1

I know that seems like a very slow way to lose weight but I was getting very discouraged even when I would lose weight but be off track for my ambitious 1.5lbs a week. And of course if it comes off sooner I'll gladly take it :bigsmile:

Thanks for reading my super long rant. Love the June Starters!!!:heart:

I have learned on my journey that we all lose weight differently and at different rates.... I am pretty much convinced that my metabolism is non-existant right now :laugh: But I am going to keep plodding on...
    I want to commend you for taking a step back and reevaluating your circumstances... and being willing to look at your situation realistically!!! :drinker: For some of us, this is going to be a LOOOONG journey to reaching our fitness goals, but I'm in it for the long haul and it sounds like you are too!! We can do this!! If you get discouraged (which happens) look in the places that you KNOW you will find encouragement (like June STarters :smile: ) and get that reignition that you need!!! It is really easy for us to get discouraged and just turn to a bad habit to make us feel better....but really only makes us feel worse...
    Just wanted to let you know that YOU ROCK!!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ok... I usually weigh on Wednesdays, but I had to jump on today just to see how things were "progressing"...
    I am so excited... I am down two pounds...!!!! Since Wednesday!!!! I knew something had to be going on WEIRD, because I had done so good!!! So, maybe my body was retaining water or something and I finally got it flushed out!!
    So, I was so excited I really wanted to post... I need this!!!

SW 230
    LW 218
    TW 216
    GW135

Ok... now I am hoping to really do some more good between now and next Wed!!!!
    I have been doing the Jazzercise classes at my gym because they cancelled Zumba (I'm still ticked about it)... Jazzercise is fun and nothing like I thought it would be... I was picturing legwarmers and leotards (sp) ... LOL Thank goodness, its nothing like that at all!!
  • schlieffen
    Options
    That is awesome Kandy!!!! About time your body caught on to the great things you were doing and rewarded you! :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: YAY!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    That is awesome Kandy!!!! About time your body caught on to the great things you were doing and rewarded you! :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: YAY!

Thanks!!! It seriously gave me a renewed focus!! :)