Eat healthy; get fit 100+

Options
hey folks!!! I started a new thread so we can continue on... so that we won't have to keep starting new threads do we want to just park it here so everyone will be able to find us??

Let me know...

Don't forget the challenge this week. Get in your water + at least 3 days of activity. I did the 30 day shred this morning!!! It was hard but I made it through!!!

Have a great day peeps!!

Replies

• ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    This sounds good to me... :smile: I believe that the topics have a default of 500 posts at which time it will automatically start a new thread on its own!

Everyone else.. thoughts??
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Well, I will definitely be sticking to our challenges this week!

I was a bad, bad girl this weekend. :embarassed:

As a result, I have some pounds to re-lose. :sad:

Oh well, today's a new day!

Hope everyone is doing great!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I like sticking around on one post for a while.

I will stick to my challenge this week. My husband just dug my stationary bike out of the garage so I will be on that today. Hope to see a bit of a change in my weight loss and in my inches. I have been walking for about 3 months and I have noticed my inches dropping off so I want to jump start that again. My neck finally shrunk a bit. I was getting frustrated it was staying the same. My 16 year old daughter was a bit mad she weighs half of what I do. (thin) and her neck was only 1.25 inches smaller then mine. Not sure if that is good. Maybe I have a goose neck:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Her thighs are smaller then my calves. I am all out of whack:laugh:
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! so, i'll TRY to stay up on my water...for exercise, my normal goal is to work out 6 out of the 7 days each week, and last week was kinda bad for me in that respect. SO, this week i am committing to get myself back on schedule and work out every day except for friday, which is my day OFF! =)

also, i like the idea of camping out on the same thread for as long as we can.

-charity
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to actually Exercise... Haven't picked out an activity yet, and I was SUPERBAD over the weekend with the diet soda. I know better than that! Dang!
    I have an appt tomorrow at noon to talk to a lie/goal counselor through work, so they have this workbook thing and they kind of help you out with your weight-loss goal too - I'm excited/nervous about that. At least that program is free too.
    Spoke to my husband about getting a Wii for Christmas, I think they have a Biggest Loser workout thing and I thought that would be kind of fun. Anyone using that? or the Wii Fit? Any suggestions?
  • Shelley130
    Options
    Good morning all :smile:

* like staying on one thread.
    * did not get in my water or exercise.
    * did have Mcdonalds burritos, Schoops cheeseburger, cheese fries with ranch, 2 cherry cokes :sick:

oh well. It was delicious :laugh: and today's a new day. :wink:
    Looking forward to Biggest Loser tonight!!

Im also thinking of getting BL Wii. looks fun. a lil pricey since we would have to buy the Wii and the game so prob not getting for Christmas but hopefully soon.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I am completely with you regarding the Wii and the BL game that goes along with it. I think my fam is going to go in together and get it for Christmas. It looks fun and I like the variety of workouts that I can buy to use with it not too mention the games!!

My water is going great and I did day 2 of activity today (30 day shred level1)!!! Now if the weight would just come off I'll be happy!!:tongue::laugh:

Shelly I took your advice and am weighing just once a week now so I won't cry over my scale not moving or going in the wrong direction.

Have a great day!!!
  • Shelley130
    Options
    I'm convinced that McDonald's put crack in their food.
    I am completely addicted to fast food of all kinds but specifically anything in the form of a burger and fries. What will it take to break this addiction? The more days I go without it just makes me crave it even more. When I do give in, it's in the form of a three day binge!
    I feel so weak right now. Not physically but mentally. Seriously, it's a cheeseburger, why can't I say no?
    Why do i fail every time?
  • ColoradoGirl
    Options
    Hey Shelley130... don't be so hard on yourself! You CAN do this! It has not been easy for me either. But, here is my solution.. As of right now my will power is getting stronger but, I still will NOT allow myself to go to a fast food restaurant unless I know of a healthy option ahead of time and my kids will help me stick to that option. In other words.. I have not eaten at Mcdondalds or any other burger joint with the exeption of Wendys (they have some killer salads) since I started my journey. I have told my family and some of my friends and they have been supportive! Just know you are not alone and YOU can do it.

I have also found that once you get the garbage out of your system the cravings become less. I do not eat bread, stay away from most white flour and really most things that are processed. Since I have made this change things like carrots, celery, almonds, yogurt and fat free meats and cheeses have satisfied my cravings.

The next thing I do is exercise.. I find that if I go for a 30 minute walk or do some aerobics that when I am done the endorphins have released and I actually feel "good" about the decision I made and usually do not still have the desire for "junk"

I also try and drink a gallon of water a day.. instead of a sip.. I try and take 3 big swallows.. before I know it I am refilling my water bottle and the results are I am less hungry, my skin is softer and less wrinkles, my organs are working better and the list goes on!

I always keep a piece of fruit with me, premeasured almonds in my purse and a snack bar from Luna or Kashi handy for those moments when you are out and about and have a panic moment. I am sure it happens to all of us!

so... hang in there and the next time you find yourself wanting to jump in the car and go to a fast food restaurant.. grab a water bottle.. go for a walk and come home and have an apple or a "kashi" granola bar. We are all cheering you on!

If you still have the craving.. make it at home.. there are great turkey burgers and fat free cheese slices.. you can make oven fries that are not fried and if you like sweet potatoes there are recipes out there for outstanding sweet potato oven fries. Just make it healthier at home.
    :flowerforyou:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I'm convinced that McDonald's put crack in their food.
    I am completely addicted to fast food of all kinds but specifically anything in the form of a burger and fries. What will it take to break this addiction? The more days I go without it just makes me crave it even more. When I do give in, it's in the form of a three day binge!
    I feel so weak right now. Not physically but mentally. Seriously, it's a cheeseburger, why can't I say no?
    Why do i fail every time?

I am exactly the same every time I diet (and believe me that's been a lot.) But this time I have found the answer. Happy Meals. I still try not to do it more than once every two weeks (but sometimes it ends up being once a week) but I do allow myself to have either the 4pc nugget or single cheeseburger happy meal whenever I'm really craving it. The calories are a little high, but I still manage to fit them into a 1400 cal day, and it keeps me from absolutely bingeing (sp?) whenever I get the craving. So the trick is to not deny yourself- you can work it in somehow if you absolutely want it. Is it the healthiest? No. But we didn't get to where we are by because we crave the healthiest foods! And there's no reason why we shouldn't enjoy "bad" things in moderation just like the majority of all other people. I worried that a Happy Meal would never be enough to fill me up, but I've found myself quite satisfied every time.
  • ColoradoGirl
    Options
    Great idea Mommamccoy I will keep that in mind for when I can trust myself. right now, I know I would order something other than a "happy meal" I just don't feel strong enough to say no to the double cheeseburger. :grumble: So, for now I will make the healthy version at home :wink:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    dawnannw those are some great tips. I need to do that. Even though I am losing weight it is because I eat less calories. I need to clean up my eating habits.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I agree that the cravings can get the best of all of us at times. I think my number one pitfall right now is portion control!! I bought a food scale but making myself use it is a whole different matter. It just feels so time consuming...but if I want to do this right I got to make myself use it. Maybe we should make that a challenge for next week, especially with Thanksgiving coming up. Let's commit to making better portion size decisions.

I'm still getting my water in but yesterday was a bad day for me as far as eating goes. I made bad choices all day long and I knew they were bad choices but I made them anyway. I'm not sure what was wrong with me yesterday but the me who is fighting to lose this weight was nowhere to be found. Well that was yesterday and this is today!! I will do better today!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    leshawn, good attitude. :flowerforyou: That was yesterday and today is a new day and you are still in it. I like the portion control idea. I need to really work on that.....
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I know the portion control for me was an issue, and I currently do the Happy Meal order too. Some tricks I learned at WW, or from WW members. One of the things I learned was to plan out your big meal days - like Thanksgiving, plan out what you're going to eat, and what you're going to pass on, and one of the gals I liked at our meetings (when I used to go) says her family does that same dinner quarterly, so it's not THE BIG family get together. Thought that was a good idea too, so you could have something this time, and something else next time. At WW they had us each take a paper plate and draw out what we would have on the plate. There were no "seconds" and you planned out your dessert too. I felt better going in to the day with a plan, and was easier to avoid the chips and dip my family always has, by telling them I would bring the snacks- so we had a veggie tray and a fruit tray. I also brought the 100 calorie snack packs, and they loved those too. I think I'll do the same thing this year.
    weighed in and was down .8 - Thought at least it was down, like on the BL show. LOVE that show!
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Leshawn, that was defnitely my pitfall too - portion control. I also recently bought a food scale and have forced myself to either weigh out everything or use measuring cups for everything. That has taught me a huge lesson!!! You'll be surprised with what little food you will be satisfied with if you know that it is weighed and accounted for and if you know that's all the calories you have left to you!

So...I'm sad to say that already I am not meeting my exercise goal this week, because I'm sick with an awful cold and I'm really not sure that running is such a great idea...not only that, but it's already been a super-busy week! So, I'm going to let my body decide on my exercise plan for the week and continue to watch my water and my calories!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Leshawn, that was defnitely my pitfall too - portion control. I also recently bought a food scale and have forced myself to either weigh out everything or use measuring cups for everything. That has taught me a huge lesson!!! You'll be surprised with what little food you will be satisfied with if you know that it is weighed and accounted for and if you know that's all the calories you have left to you!

So...I'm sad to say that already I am not meeting my exercise goal this week, because I'm sick with an awful cold and I'm really not sure that running is such a great idea...not only that, but it's already been a super-busy week! So, I'm going to let my body decide on my exercise plan for the week and continue to watch my water and my calories!

Feel better soon!! Take it easy and let your body decide what it feels like doing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ColoradoGirl
    Options
    Good Morining! My weight in is down 3lbs this week! I am just sooooo happy! How did everyone else's week go?
    :smile:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I am down 1 pound. I am okay with that. I was doing .4 pounds a week so I have improved by a little more than 1/2 a pound. I am headed in the right direction. 7 pounds away from my goal of 50 pounds.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good morning!!!

I didn't weigh today because it was depressing me too much so my scale and I are having a trial separation. If it can get its act together and show me some weight loss then I'll let it back in the house. :laugh: :happy: Anyway Congrats!!! to all of those that have lost weight this week!!! Great job!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: