Where do the skinny people shop?

Options
Aurora76
Aurora76 Posts: 53 Member
I've lost a bunch of weight and now I've hit my second big goal, which was to be at the weight I was when I gave birth to my daughter two years ago. Now I'm there and I can shop in the regular section for tops (size Large) but I'm not quite there for pants (16/18). My goal for 4 weeks from now is to be able to shop in the regular section completely. I want to be a size large top still but a size 14/16 pant.
So my question is ..... Where do the skinny people shop? Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I get to go serious shopping in 4 weeks so that's why I'm asking. :smile:

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I think regular stores like everwhere else, but the first thing that comes to my mind is H&M.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your budget and your style.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Kohl's and Target because I'm poor. Eh, I'd still shop there even if I was rich.
  • Recovering_for_cupcakes
    Options
    Depending on your style I would say either Hollister (If you like that look), H&M, or Forever 21. Have an awesome shopping trip!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    When I'm at my goal I will buy an outfit from my favorite online store - jjill.com. It's a bit pricey but the clothes fit great.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    kohls and jc penny
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Kohl's simply because I can find good deals and I'm cheap. But, you can go to Macy's, Old Navy. . . . . and anywhere in between.

Have fun! New clothes are my favorite "perk" to losing weight!!

:-)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Ann Taylor has some reasonable clothes at good prices... I also like Kohl's and Target for the less expensive options! :) Lord and Taylor usually has some great options too.
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    Depends how Skinny. My sister who is around a Size 6 UK, went to H&M, Primark and TK Max and we couldn't find her any clothes so she had to shop in the kid section.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    I looove White House Black Market for classy yet sessy "feel beautiful" clothes. I like Buckle for "bring back my youth because I was fat during my 20s". And yesterday, *gasp*, I bought three shirts in sz M at Aeropostale (daughter was shopping and I decided to try them on in the fitting room while I was with her, *happy wiggle*). This was an NSV for me (I was 220 lbs not too long ago). Also Banana Republic (the outlet is great for deals). So those are my faves at the moment.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Question: Where do the skinny people shop?

Answer: Anyplace they want to shop!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    definitely depends on what your idea of skinny is versus what society/media/retail thinks skinny means... size large is of a normal/average size for most retail places, so pretty much any store you would ever want to shop in.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm not skinny :wink: but I shop mostly at Kohl's, Target, and Maurices now.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If this is not your final goal, I would look for someone to alter a few clothes, then shop when I get to my final goal.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Express was always my skinny store. But you can get skinny stuff anywhere, really. :)
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx, Marshall's, JC Penney, Kohl's, Belk
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Forever 21...they are ridiculously cheap and have a HUGE selection...a little too huge.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Most mainstream stores tailor to thinner people, it really depends on your style. Are you sporty? Punk? Preppy? Girly? >.>
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    Skinny people shop in any store they want because all "normal" stores cater to them. As a size 6/7 I shop anywhere I want, though I do not consider myself skinny by any means. But that of course is why I am on MFP to finally lose weight and get in shape. Hope to be a size 2-4 by the end of this.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Dorothy Perkins for dresses.
    Ann Taylor Loft for work pants.
    Kohls & JCPennys for separates.
    WalMart for jeans.

And... thrift stores. All the best stuff is always in the smaller sizes.