Replies

• SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    When I was thinner (UK 8 or US 4) I shopped anywhere and everywhere :laugh:
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If you're still planning to lose more weight, I would recommend getting "transition" clothes at some of the more affordable places mentioned here already... Kohls, JCP, etc.

Once you get close to or at your goal weight, go to one of the higher end department stores and buy some real investment pieces. Have the salespeople pull clothes for you because you probably won't know how to pick out new clothes for your new body. The full results of weight loss look so much more impressive once you have new clothes that fit you properly!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    But you can get skinny stuff anywhere, really. :)

Amen!!...And they rarely ever hear...."They don't make this in your size!"
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on what I am looking for! BUT I ALWAYS shop the clearance racks first! I love Kohl's, Dillards, JC Penny's. I have shopped the clearance racks and gotten some great bargins! Bought 2 suit type jackets at Kohl's yesterday for $16 each, the original price for each was $60..no way I would pay that! Bought a pair of pants for work at JC Penny's for $8, and last fall I got a suit type jacket at Penny's for $1.99...yep $1.99!! Bought one for my DIL too! Then when my clothes out grow me I don't feel so bad letting them go.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 2 and i find that i have to shop in the junior department exclusively. Kohls, macy's, really any store but in juniors section. NY&Co is good but sometimes the size 0 doesn't even fit or the 2s are too "hippy"
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love Express! I'm an Express girl for life. :smile: White House Black Market, Bebe, and American Eagle too, depending on what I'm shopping for (work clothes, clubbing clothes, jeans & tee's).
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you consider "skinny" but, before I got pregnant, I was about 5ft2 and 100-105lbs.
    I would wear size 00 in American Eagle jeggings. I also have non-existant hips.
    So, I would shop at stores like American Eagle, H&M, Aritzia (Canada).
    Many stores didn't cater to me because I was too small. Pants would fit my legs, but would be way way way too baggy at the waist. Often, I'd have to shop in kids stores for pants. Tops weren't as much of a problem.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I usually get my jeans at Old Navy, but I love JC Penney's and Ross. Ross is pretty cheap and usually can find lots of cute clothes. I am now down to a Medium or Large shirt from a 2XL and have found some really cute, inexpensive shirts at Ross.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    Bebe is my fav! I do online shop at Zappos. :)
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Kohl's, Macy's, Sears, JcPenney's, Forever 21, H&M, Express, Loft, Ann Taylor, Target, New York & Company are all where I like to shop...can't wait till I'm out of L/XL/14/16!
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My wife went from size 10 to size 2 this year, and it really becomes a pain in the butt around the 2 mark, many stores start at 4, and some that do start at 2 are still too big. She bought quite a bit at Maurices earlier this summer, and because it was odd, the CC locked us out of our accounts for a few days until it was straightened out. Maurices though does go well into the double digits for size though. She has some luck at Kohls and Target, but none at the local JC Penny.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I shop at Jc Pennys, Maurices, sometimes the Buckle if I'm looking for something specific...Kohl's, Gordman's, Wet Seal...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

you'd be quite surprised, actually.... its not that easy to always find a smaller size in all stores, because not many people request them, they buy and stock less of the 0's, 2's and 4's.
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The Junior section of stores! But, that's for the really skinny girls :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm not "skinny" (size 10 jeans and medium top), but I shop in lots of random stores. I have favorites for different things. Right now, Gap and Banana Republic are my favorites for jeans. Dresses I like shopping for at TJ Maxx and Ross (although I've found some cute flowy dresses from American Eagle as well). Tops I really like Victoria's Secret. ;)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I agree with going somewhere like TJ Maxx, Target, ON, etc., if you're not at your goal size yet. Beyond that I shop at NY&Co, Ann Taylor Loft, browse various department stores, etc.
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love LOFT, New York & Co & GAP.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options

you'd be quite surprised, actually.... its not that easy to always find a smaller size in all stores, because not many people request them, they buy and stock less of the 0's, 2's and 4's.

True story...and those few small sizes go quick :grumble:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I like Kohl's! I have a Kohl's card and get 15%-20% off almost every time I use it :)
  • veronicagorman
    Options
    Target is my go to place for sure, but if not target then it's maurices...have fun:) Maurices also has a plus size section if you're falling in that inbetween stage:) but since you won't be in 4 weeks i guess you dont need to know that:) good luck and have so much fun!!!