WOW is this even ME?

Options
13»

Replies

• jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Congrats on the weight loss and the 5k. Just finished c25k myself.

BTW...Anyone ever tell you you look like Jimmy Rollins?

lol...No I have never heard that one. It is the lips...lol He has big soup coolers and so do I. I have heard Nathan from Boys to Men a lot , but never Jimmy Rollins....lol. He is skinny though...I will take it!!!
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    You're looking great!

I started running in late May and ran my first race (albeit only 2 miles) in early July. I'm planning on a couple of 5k races this fall and want to start training for sprint triathlons over the winter.

Here are my words of wisdom: Definitely eat something (granola bar, banana) 30 minutes before the race. I don't normally drink water during my runs, so all I did at the water station is swish a little bit around in my mouth. Don't start too far back in the pack because you'll end up having to maneuver around a lot of slow runners (and walkers). Watch your pace though--I was caught up in the pack mentality and ended up running a full minute/mile off my training pace--this killed me, but I was able to finish. Be aware that all of the adrenaline can do crazy things to your body (dry heaves and/or worse). After the race, walk it off, keep breathing, and remember to stretch.

Good luck!

Thanks so much. Very wise words. I will put these into practice on SATURDAY!!!!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your race, you're doing a great job!
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Congrats on the weight loss and the 5k. Just finished c25k myself.

lol...No I have never heard that one. It is the lips...lol He has big soup coolers and so do I. I have heard Nathan from Boys to Men a lot , but never Jimmy Rollins....lol. He is skinny though...I will take it!!!

You're right! haha! Definitely those lovely lips!
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options

You're right! haha! Definitely those lovely lips!

your trouble :)....lololol
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are cute ;)

Keep up the good work!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Very nice! You look great! Congrats!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    You know I think you look terrific...and I can't wait to hear how you do on Saturday, though I know you will finish. From a nursing perspective, if it is hot be sure and have some kind of sports drink afterward to balance your electrolites. Water alone can not do it if they get depleted quickly.

good luck!
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work.Great job :)
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    WOW! You look great and younger too! Congrats!
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    You know I think you look terrific...and I can't wait to hear how you do on Saturday, though I know you will finish. From a nursing perspective, if it is hot be sure and have some kind of sports drink afterward to balance your electrolites. Water alone can not do it if they get depleted quickly.

good luck!

It is always great to have the opinion of my favorite Mississippi Nurse. Thanks!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!! And I like how you said "pics of him and me" which is like saying you will not go back. GOOD FOR YOU!!

I have never done a 5K, so I can't help you there. Sorry.
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!! And I like how you said "pics of him and me" which is like saying you will not go back. GOOD FOR YOU!!

I have never done a 5K, so I can't help you there. Sorry.

I have to pay homage to him, because he had the determination to start the process. I owe him my life back!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck with your 5K - I'm sure you'll do awesome. Someone might have already mentioned this, but in the 5K races I've done, they do not want you to carry your water bottle, but do provide water stations along the way (usually one or two), and lots of snacks available before and after, but its always a good idea to hydrate yourself before (just don't chug a bunch right before you start the run, because you might get that "sloshing around in your belly' feeling!).
  • 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. As far as the 5K, I want you to remember that you are only running against yourself, not others. Most of the other runners have probably been running forever and have done many 5Ks. Also don't make the mistake of starting toward the front. When I did that, many runners passed me up and I got discouraged. Next time I started toward the back and I actually passed some runners, but nobody passed me. You are just setting a time to compare your future races to. Good luck and have fun with it. The fact you are running a race is already a victory for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!