What do you look like after 100+ pound weight loss?

Options
As I am losing this weight my biggest concern is after I am able to lose 100 or more pounds will I have all that "extra lose skin" hanging around?

So I guess I am asking if anyone is willing to share photos of themselves after a 100+ pound weight loss (please include a before too if you have it!). I would like to see what people are looking like after this kind of weight loss (more so the women).

Thanks for helping!!!!

P.S. And CONGRATS to all those who post their photos!!!! That is an impressive loss!

Replies

• tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have lost 95lbs to date. Best advice - lose slowly and HYDRATE your skin. It has taken me ten months to lose 95lbs. I still have 110 to go to meet my total goal so I will have skin at that time (obese my entire life) but to date my neck is great, no more three chins, my arms look good (little flab but strength and water will take care of that). My knees look AWESOME..no fat rolls on the knees. I really stressed about this in the beginning but so far so good. I will be posting pics soon but in my profile pic you can see where I started from.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Have a look on my profile - I have to put some new ones on but the most recent was taken back in June.

Unfortunately a lot of excess skin on my tummy area but I have also had 4 children so kind of expected that would happen :(, still better than the mound of solid fat that was there before though.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    bump as I think about being brave enough to post pictures...LOL
  • I am 116 down with about 74 to go since October 2011. It comes in waves, about the time I start fretting over my skin on my neck, it slowly disappears. I hydrate well, both my skin and my body, exercise and have kept a pretty even pace - 50 pounds in the first 3 months, then 10 pounds a month since then. My question to you is what is your other alternative? Remain overweight? I fully intend to have tucked away what I don't like in a few years after losing, muscle building, and maintaining. And age is a factor, I am 41. Good luck and don't sweat the small stuff! Your health is way more important than a little loose skin ;)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You won't if you take it nice and easy and make sure to drink lots of water and do some strength training. The people who have tons of loose skin hanging off their arms are usually those who lose a TON of weight in a short amount of time (think "Biggest Loser" and "Extreme Makeover"). You can also use lotions popular with pregnant women who are trying to keep their skin tight. I can't remember any brands/names right now, though.

You may still end up with some loose skin, but your doctor can always refer you to a plastic surgeon if it's rubbing, getting in your way, or just annoying in general. The plastic surgeon will determine if it's truly loose skin or if it still has a little bit of fat in it that you need to lose before they can remove it.

Some insurance plans will cover the surgery, depending on how much weight you've lost. If you get to that point, it's worth checking into.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Do I have extra skin, YES. Would I rather still weight in the 260s and have extra fat, NO.

4256E08B-0973-488B-A0FC-BCFE2BDC408A-5922-0000027C12CE510E.jpg

0D8BDAB2-E1D9-4C83-95FC-63D60C6ECB96-5922-0000028690828819.jpg

A474C017-BF38-43C9-9B56-7507319E8B58-2558-000000D91C214DD2.jpg
  • MrAllia
    MrAllia Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not down 100 pounds yet but; I hydrate my skin often and so far so good, if it becomes an issue, I'll keep the surgery an open option if I am a candidate for said procedure. I'll post pics of my midsection AFTER I get a six pack (which is soon I hope).
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    honestly, i have a little loose skin on my belly and inner thighs, but under my arms isn't "loose"... nothing some toning exercises won't fix. i figured when i get down to a healthy weight, if i see after a while that my skin will not tighten up, i will consider surgery, but i honestly feel the rate i'm going it won't be necessary. :) like others said.... hydrate both your skin (lotions) and body (water, water, water!), and my doctor told me to make sure i was getting enough calcium and healthy fats in my diet as well. :)
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm 100lbs down from my Heaviest weight 425lbs (Oct. 2010). Only 77lbs down from when I truly got serious about the weight loss.

100lbsdown.jpg
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    While I haven't lose a "ton" of weight, I have lost 60 lbs and I have lots of excess skin!!! I did it one pound a week and took my time, but still have lots of skin from the damage I did to myself. I hate the sound it makes when I run...ughhh! I don't think there's anything we can do other than surgery to remove the skin. My insurance won't cover it unless it is causing illness like rash, sores, or cellulitos (sp).
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I consider myself having lose skin as much as I feel like I still have a lot of stomach fat. I'm around a size 14 now, from a 24, but still carry an apron belly like I had at almost 300lbs, just a little smaller, and a noticeable roll from around the love handle area, that goes all the way around the front, around my belly button. I feel like I'm the same "shape" I always was, it's all just measures smaller.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Insurance can cover skin removal,
    IF IF IF you present with the 'correct' complaint.

If one shows up at the doctors office with complaint, "I do not like the way the hanging skin looks"
    insurance will usually NOT cover surgery.

If you show up at the doctors office with any of these types of complaints,
    there is very good chance your insurance can cover skin removal

"The skin folds infect repeatedly and are often rashy" (i've known patients who actually did put food and other irritants into skin folds to CAUSE the rashes and infections needed to qualify for surgery) Usually, the doctor will have to treat the first infection or rash,
    and then, you have to show back up with at least one more rash or infection, to qualify, but, this complaint is VERY effective.

"I can not find or wear clothing needed for my job, or my daily life, due to being misshapen by excessive skin folds. Clothing irritates the hanging skin, and restricts my movement." (i have seen this very complaint cover not only skin removal after weight loss, but a facelift for a pilot who said his facemask won't fit due to hanging skin on his jowls) slightly off toic, but eyelid lifts can be covered if person says the droopy eyelids reduce their visual field.

TO GET INSURANCE TO COVER PANNICULECTOMIES, (removal of abdominal skin)
    or removal of excess skin on arms, legs, neck, back, anywhere,
    one has to have a complaint which relates to that person's function, or is causing a health risk (like repeated infections in folds). But once a person knows that,
    insurance covers such surgeries every day. But the complaints can not be "i don't like how the hanging skin looks" as that will often be seen as "cosmetic" surgery.
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have extra on my stomach as you can see here.

The before is at 270+lbs and the after is a few weeks ago at 170lbs.

oneyear.jpg

Here's a side view
    Around 230
    content.jpg

Around 200
    photo-74.jpg

photo-89.jpg

Arms - I've done a LOT of strength training and running in the past 6 months. Drink 100+ ounces of water per day.
    20120204ARMScopy-1.jpg
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow you ALL look great - extra skin or not! DMK (OP) ummmm. . . HELLO YOU ARE STUNNING!!!!! Don't worry about loose skin my dear. You will be so happy being 100lbs lighter, you can decide at that point what if anything to do about it. Stay the course - you are doing SO well! almost 20lbs! 1/5th there already!!!!
  • DMZH78
    DMZH78 Posts: 42
    Options
    I want to say THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU! Everyone was so honest & you all look great! I think a lot of my concern came from watching The Biggest Loser & the other show, but as all of you have said doing it slow & keeping the hydration, as well as, strength training wil really keep a lot of it in check! So happy for all of you, you look really great!!!
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Started at 350, right pic is around 240, currently at 233.

progress.jpg

I don't have much loose skin right now, but I still have a lot of weight to lose. My tummy is starting to get that "deflated" look, though, so I'm guessing it won't be as tight and toned as I'd like when I'm done, but like another poster said, I'd rather have loose skin than extra fat.
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i have lost 100 lbs, twice! i usually start pregnancys around 150ish lbs, and end them around 260ish, i don't have many pics, but my profile pic is me at 150lbs, and i have no lose skin, except what is expected with having children. i don't worry about the skin, and ALL of you look great!!! those pics are so inspirational!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I've lost 132 pounds, I still have 80 pounds to go, so please remember that when looking at these pics. LOL...

I've worked hard to get to where I am and I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point.

Before:

Lauren2011fullbodycrop.jpg

After: Front:

frontbikini.jpg

and back:

bikiniback.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with my back, it's firming up and for the most part where it's supposed to be.

I can see a little big of sag in my front and I think if I work at it a little bit, it may even disappear...

however I have no issues with having work done in the end to smooth things over and tighten things up. As it is, I'm looking at a boob lift...not more, not less...just a lift...make them a little perkier...

Thanks

Lauren
  • DMZH78
    DMZH78 Posts: 42
    Options
    You all look WONDERFUL! Thank you for all being so courageous and posting the photos!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!