What do you look like after 100+ pound weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    No pics of the skin, but my profile has before and during pictures. The skin question has so many variables that everyone is different.

Many things factor into the skin issue:

How long you were overweight
    How overweight you were
    Where you carried it
    How old you are
    How elastic your skin is
    How stretched out your skin is
    Your muscle tone/fitness
    If you smoke(d)
    If your skin is sun damaged
    How fast you lost it
    How much muscle you lost when you lost the weight
    Your genetics
    Your nutrition

Some is out of your control, some is within your control. People will have all sorts of suggestions for avoiding it, but if you're going to have it, you're going to have it and there isn't much you can do to stop it. Regardless, saggy skin is healthier than being fat. And saggy skin looks better in clothes than fat filled skin. Personally, I expect to need some surgery to look normal after this, but I can't waste energy worrying about something that is likely inevitable. It's a bummer, but not a reason not to do this.
  • kjames197438
    kjames197438 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love your pictures its very inspiring...im 213 lbs and my goal weight is 175. I cant wait to see me at your weight:smile:
  • gjdustdebb14
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • SGAbadiaChapman
    SGAbadiaChapman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Wow! I just starting to loose weight, and was concern about the extra skin! But seeing your post, it's insipiring! I have to loose 100 pounds, and was scare of what I would look like after. But like some have said: loosing the weight is worth the effort!! I am drinking lots of water, walking, and watching what I eat. I hope in one year I can reach my goal! But Thanks for sharing!!!
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Only 78lb down in these shots rather than 100+ but it may give you some idea. I look better than I thought I would. When I started out though I wasn't thinking about exercising or anything (last time I lost weight I didn't exercise). But now I'm really into fitness so I think that's helped. I'm sure I will have *some* loose skin but not too much I don't think.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1251156-please-be-kind-bikini-shot-without-the-bikini-body-78lb
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oops, just noticed this is an old thread!
  • shrinkingmeagan
    shrinkingmeagan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed about the amount of "knowledge" about how to avoid excess skin. It is mostly age and genetics and probably a few other things, but I seriously doubt that lotion is one of them. I lost slowly and did all of the other suggestions, and I had loose skin in exactly the places that I knew I would. My arms were disproportionately big. People who were much bigger had smaller arms than me. So when I lost weight, the skin was there. I didn't do anything wrong. It is what it is. My heart health and my mobility are worth it. So did I like the skin? No. I cut it off.

I get the concern. I was concerned. It is ugly. It is annoying. It keeps you from being the size that you feel that you earned. Life isn't fair. I had loose skin, and I didn't nothing wrong. So, I cut it off. I had more loose skin on my arms than the guy on MFP (CyberEd?) who lost over 300 pounds. He was almost 200 pounds more than my highest weight! Take all of the advice to avoid the extra skin if you want. But don't let the fear of loose skin get in the way of improving your health. It is what it is. If it happens, you will deal with it.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have extra on my stomach as you can see here.

The before is at 270+lbs and the after is a few weeks ago at 170lbs.

oneyear.jpg

Here's a side view
    Around 230
    content.jpg

Around 200
    photo-74.jpg

photo-89.jpg

Arms - I've done a LOT of strength training and running in the past 6 months. Drink 100+ ounces of water per day.
    20120204ARMScopy-1.jpg

Awesome!
  • april6678
    april6678 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to get pics to post in here?
    I've lost 142 lbs with 25 to go until goal. I do have some extra on my stomach. My advice (also a certified group trainer now) is lift weights - and when you can lift heavier. Tones you up...the only place I really have extra is stomach and I'm hoping that goes with the 25 lbs weight loss.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I do have loose skin in my stomach, but what surprised me most is that I thought the loose skin would be like folds of excess skin. Besides my stomach, it more like wrinkly elephant skin lol.
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    I've lost 160+ lbs and the only place I don't have loads of skin hanging is my face and neck. The rest of me is awful. I'm having skin removal surgery hopefully. Friend request me I'm too shy to post pics publically
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!