Professions/Careers/Jobs

Options
I want to get to know the people in the MFP Community a little bit better. What does everybody do? What is your title?

I'll go first. I am a stay-at-home Mom and Editor/Proofreader of my own business called The Werd Nerd. :glasses:

Replies

• gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    The werd nerd? I like it, can we know more?

I'm currently a quality/productivity engineer for Newell Rubbermaid's writing division. We produce Sharpies & papermate, among a billion other brands.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am a Steel Buyer for an Automotive Stamping Company in South East Michigan. It's a stressful industry but at least I am never bored at work!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am an OR nurse in the orthopedic department. I am also in Indpendent Advocare Distributor. Wife and Mother of 3 children.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a neonatal nurse, married with 2 boys, aged 14 and 4!
  • tanyawitt
    Options
    Office Manager by day/Rockstar (singer) by night. :-)
    I live in Southern California but am from Green Bay, WI. No kids but lots of rescued fur-babies!
    Nice to meet everyone.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm a Licensed Insurance Representative for a State Farm Agent. I'm also a Mommy to 2 girls, ages 5 and 1.
  • SP00KSH0WBABY
    Options
    Hello! I'm Tara... right now I am an Army wife and my husband is currently deployed, and I work as a Claims Handler here at a local insurance agency. (: AKA: I sit ALL day lol.

I will check out your website!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm an internal auditor for a big company. No kids, but I'm a mom to a mini bull terrier and a weird gray cat.
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm a pre-veterinary medicine student :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Grade 12, High School
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Office Manager/Secretary for an Electrical & AV Company and full time student (online courses).
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm an ICU RN, wife and mother of a two year old boy.
  • Candano
    Candano Posts: 16
    Options
    IT Consultant
  • melanie3900
    melanie3900 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to a set of 8 month old twins.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am the assistant supervisor of the Math Lab at a local community college. I am also the mother to a 17 yo daughter, and aunt to a 15yo neice and a 13yo nephew who live with me. I also tutor math part time for Tutor.com, and do private tutoring for a couple of students.

I am also the U6 coordinator/scheduler, U8 coordinator/scheduler, U10 coordinator, public relations director, and registrar for a youth soccer club.
  • annie_banannie
    annie_banannie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Looking for work and hoping that getting into shape will help me finally land a good job.
  • angelinnaonadiet
    Options
    I'm a businesswoman, with alot of ambition!
  • Eweinert227
    Options
    Sure! The Werd Nerd is an Editing/Proofreading Service that I provide for many types of writers, from students writing essays/term papers, theses, etc. If you'll notice my ticker, it has my website address on it. I have a natural knack for catching errors that others do not, and I am educated on the 16th Edition of The Chicago Manual of Style. You may visit my website for details. I also have a Facebook page. :happy:

I'm so glad that so many people responded. It looks like we have many people from various walks of life on here. I love it! This is a great site! I am highly motivated to get my weight down and back into those jeans of mine. :wink: If anyone needs motivation, I'm your gal! Wow! rideshazo, it looks like you're a busy, busy woman! Whew! And Melanie, 8-month-old twins! You've got your hands full.

I look forward to reading many more replies on this topic. Have a great day, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Retail/Grocery - One of several managers hoping to get assistant manager soon!