Professions/Careers/Jobs

Replies

• I'm a Cost Accountant for a strawberry nursery company.
  • I'm a child support officer for the local government office here in CA.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Store Manager of East Ridge Outfitters -- a climbing, hiking, backpacking shop. My fiance owns it and we do it together. <3
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    I'm a licensed funeral director / embalmer / crematory operator in Minnesota and Wisconsin and work for a family-owned funeral home in Winona, MN.
  • collectsfrogs
    collectsfrogs Posts: 34 Member
    I am a Public Accountant, mostly corporate and not-for-profit clients :)
  • I am a licensed Commercial Insurance Broker working for an independent brokerage east of the San Francisco area. I also have my Accident & Health license becaue the state says if your commercial policy has travel accident coverage thrown in, you need one (silly). I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 5 years and we have a toddler to keep us busy.

When I can, I like to get out and brush up on my photography skills.
  • pberta
    pberta Posts: 48 Member
    President of the United States. Okay not yet anyway. Currently Senior Account Manager- Data Center Services/ISP/ DR Solutions
  • scarlet331
    scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
    I am a housewife and a student. I am taking up Medical Administrative Assisting and will be taking nursing next year. I have one ETSY store where I sell knitted items and jewelry.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    My title is Global Programs Assistant, though my boss informed me on Friday that I would no longer be working with International guests. So I guess it's School Overnight Assistant now (even though it's my program and I'm not actually assisting anyone)?
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Mechanical engineer for a company that makes the automated lights you see at concerts. IT'S SO FUN. And I've hung out on Sheryl Crow's tour bus.

I'm happily taken and we have the cutest cat in the world.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    I am a Benefit Coordinator for a meat manufacturing company. I am also a full time student, getting my Bachelor's then Masters in Business Management (Human Resources). I am also a wife, and mother to two kids - Jacob 11, and Sarah Rose 8.

I stay pretty busy..lol!
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    My number one job is being a Mother. I am a single Mom of two teenage sons.
    By day, I work in Corporate Affairs for a National Museums Corporation and I am the Access to Information and Privacy Officer.
    By night, I run my own custom baking business.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    I work in Development (translate: fundraising) at an arts non-profit. I mostly write grant proposals and look for corporate sponsors!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    I'm an Instructional/Graphic designer. I make aviation e-learning and instructor led training for people who operate private jets. Pretty interesting, and I get to work from home.

Pros of working from home: I can always fit in my exercise and make a healthy meal.
    Cons of working from home: I live alone and until MFP, ate whatever I wanted because there were no witnesses :laugh:
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    I work for a small family-owned company so I end up carrying too many titles....
    :glasses: Promotional Consultant
    :grumble: Purchasing Manager for Ad Specialties Division
    :yawn: Client Web Store Editor
    :drinker: Social Networking Manager
    :flowerforyou: Graphic Artist and Layout Editor
  • amylou1977
    amylou1977 Posts: 41 Member
    I am a full time single parent of an 18 yr old and 5 yr old I do it all on my own they are both special needs in different ways, fulltime college student and I work in home health care as a PCA (personal Care assistant) I have my associates degree in Human Services and currently working on my BSW, then hopefully MSW and on to LICSW in the end.

My mom passed away a year ago today (Aug 20Th) She died of Renal (kidney) Failure and one of my promises to her was to lose weight and get healthy and I have lost 17.8 lbs so far.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Hey there. My first and most rewarding title is MOMMY to a little diva.

My pay the bills title lol - Staff Development Coordinator for Enrollment Services @ Berkeley College. (I know you see our ads all over this site lol).
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    I am a Practice Administrator for a Physical Therapy practice.
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Mom and Part-time Group Fitness Instructor.
  • Daddypantz
    Daddypantz Posts: 6 Member
    By day, I'm an academic librarian with a college in the Indianapolis area as well as an adjunct instructor teaching an Information Literacy course.

In the evenings, I work with an improv comedy group called Comedysportz. But it's more of a labor of love.