body hair and loosing weight

Options
I really really want to loose weight and i've already tried everything like adkins, master cleanse, water diet, fat flush soup, and hgc. I just now got a great idea. What about body hair? They say the human body has over 1,000 hairs on it. And each hair weighs a non-zero amount. If I shaved off all my body hair, I think I can loose some weight. Has anyone tried that, and did it work? Thank you I'm desparate. lol

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I vote you go for it. Make sure you start with a sharp razor so you get the whole hair!

That sounds WAY better than counting calories and eating less than you burn.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Pst....
    looks like you are plucked.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Cutting off a limb would work better.
  • Awkward30
    Options
    Pst....

Your avatar creeps me out.
  • ikestr
    ikestr Posts: 8
    Options
    Shaving is a great way to increase the amount of hair you'll have. If you really want to get rid of the hair, try either waxing (tends to hurt a bit) or laser hair removal. Good luck either way.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Waxing would probably be best. You know, then you get the root of the hair and that's another negligible amount of weight. I love chicken, so I love your avatar.
  • Awkward30
    Options
    Cutting off a limb would work better.

Appendix, thymus, testicals, wisdom teeth could all be removed. Donate a lobe of liver and a lung and a kidney.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Pst....

Pssssst! You look like your cat. I've heard that happens, but have never seen it in 'real' life.
  • boydsterk
    boydsterk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    this is the strangest thing i've ever read on mfp.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    My cat is my bestest friend ever.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    really good tips here. thank you for your the supportation! i'm going to start shaving right away, but i heard not to use shaving cream because they contains fats that can be asorbed into the blood stream.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm a hairy dude, I should try this. What about women with long locks? I bet you could lose a few ounces easily.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    really good tips here. thank you for your the supportation! i'm going to start shaving right away, but i heard not to use shaving cream because they contains fats that can be asorbed into the blood stream.

Just make sure it's "clean" shaving cream, or else you will never lose weight no matter what you do.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Unless you're Cousin It or have Rapunzel hair, I don't think it's going to make that much difference. Besides, are you more worried about actual weight, or body fat %?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that shaving will equal "loose" weight, but I do think it would help you to "LOSE" weight.
    I waxed my body from head to toe and lost 5 pounds, getting me to my goal. Unfortunately when all my hair started growing back, my weight went up too. You just have to decide if you want to commit to being bald for the rest of your life so you can keep your weight down.
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    trololololol
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I really really want to loose weight and i've already tried everything like adkins, master cleanse, water diet, fat flush soup, and hgc. I just now got a great idea. What about body hair? They say the human body has over 1,000 hairs on it. And each hair weighs a non-zero amount. If I shaved off all my body hair, I think I can loose some weight. Has anyone tried that, and did it work? Thank you I'm desparate. lol

I would say, full body shave, and then eat the hair to fill you up. I hear that it doesn't really digest very well and sits there like a lump, so you could go maybe days or weeks feeling full. And everyone knows that when you feel full it means you don't have to eat!
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    hahahaha assuming this is a joke. but for the heck of saying its not, you got probbbblems. your body fats not changing, just your sanity. go see a shrink.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Laser hair removal...the weight will be gone forever!!!!
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    no offence but thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my life you might as well cut off an arm or leg cause that will make the scale say you lost weight but really you wont be healthy, i have very long hair that touches my *kitten* but its hair NOT fat that makes you gain and lose weight, like if you want to lose weight and be healthier dont shave shaving isnt gunna do anything cause its going to GROW BACK, body fat % is what you should worry about, just exercise and eat healthier