Tattoos

Options

Replies

• rocksyraeis
    Options
    I dislike them. Occasionally, I'll see a striking sleeve, but in general I find them ironic: People who want to show off their originality don't follow the crowd and everyone in the crowd has a tattoo.

Lmao what? Following a crowd means you do everything they do personally ive never seen two tattoos that are alike.
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    <---definitely not a tatoo person. The only two places I approve of a tatoo are 1) on Popeye's forearm and 2) standing next to Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island, yelling "the plane! The plane."
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Definitely have two for sure tats planned out. I am a lifelong video gamer and plan on getting a few things from the older Zelda games tattooed on me.
    Waiting till im a lot more lean before I get any tats though.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I Have 5 and want many more.. my prize for my goal is a full back... cant wait :)
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    Definitely have two for sure tats planned out. I am a lifelong video gamer and plan on getting a few things from the older Zelda games tattooed on me.
    Waiting till im a lot more lean before I get any tats though.

\w/ fudge ya!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    2 here already..probably getting my 3rd and 4th within the next few weeks and definitely want to get one to remind me of working out and being healthy! I have too many ideas I need to narrow them down. I would love a sleeve but the work I'm pursuing wouldn't approve of it I don't think. I wish!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one when I can afford one from the artist I want. :p
    African Wild Dog on my hip.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have two - both are one of a kind - a pegasus standing in a rocky pool of water on my right hip about 4 inches in size and an old english dragon in the middle of my back about 6 inches in size. Still waiting for the right one for the next one.
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've got the ones you can see in my profile pic, plus a pin-up girl on my thigh.

I'm thinking about getting wings on my feet/ankles after I finish my marathon in October.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have 9, and I have a large chest piece planned for when I hit my goal
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    have them (14) and always want more!! (and love to have friends with them!)
  • khall9228
    Options
    I have 2 already with many more planned in the future. Not really as a weight loss goal cause I've had them long before I decided to workout but whatever. Ink is awesome.

GET A TATTOO
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    you can see most of mine in my profile pic :)
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    boom. (back pic)
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    Was just thinking about this the other day as one of my rewards... thinking at the half-way mark I will get my 3rd to inspire myself to keep going and to let myself show how far I've come. Unsure what I want as yet, but I know it has to be able to be hidden in my workplace (I've got one on the back of my neck and one on the side of my foot).

I've got some time to think about it ;)

mmmmmmmmm men with ink! lol
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    my only tattoo, so far, is what is in the picture to the left. it's from the simpsons tv show.

i think my next one will be the chinese symbol for "balance" but can't decide where i want it yet.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i have seven (so far) and there are pictures of a few of them on my profile.

1. pink zebra garter around right thigh. this was my first tattoo and i started it in february 2008. it was a total impulse move and it represents that i am a little wild. the pink ribbon is because my mother is a breast cancer survivor. i had the lace re-done in february 2011.

2. chickie coming out of an egg on my left hip/bikini area. this was done by an apprentice for $20 in my dorm room. my childhood nickname is chickie because when i was born, i was smaller than a cornish hen. i may eventually cover it with a rose because it looks exactly like a $20 tattoo done by an apprentice, lol.

3. honeycomb heart chakra on my sternum. my best friend has a matching tattoo on the side of her rib cage. it commemorates our first acid trip. the heart chakra also represents lust, fraud, indecision, repentance, hope, anxiety, longing, impartiality, arrogance, incompetence, discrimination and defiance. we got this done during the weekend of her 18th birthday. this was my most painful.

4. &? in the shape of a heart, partially covered with paisley on my head behind my right ear. ever talk to a cat or dog and they tilt their head and look at you like, "and?" ... that's the explanation for this one! it's behind the right ear for good news and i got it on new year's eve a few years ago. this was my least painful.

5. nyc subway train coming off the tracks with death cab for cutie lyrics, "still moving regardless of stable ground" in a pink ribbon. it is a reminder to continue moving forward despite the circumstances. this is on my left calf and it was a present to myself for graduating college.

6. map outline of long island showing the borders for brooklyn, queens, nassau, and suffolk counties. this is on the inside of my right ankle, my boyfriend has it on the inside of his left ankle, and my friend with the matching heart chakra has it on her shoulder but without the county lines.

7. carousel horse with joni mitchell lyrics, "we're captive on the carousel of time" in another pink ribbon. my mother used to sing "circle game" to me when i was a child, and it always stuck with me. everything is circles and cycles. this tattoo is my most recent, i got it on my 23rd birthday (last december) and it was a reward to myself for losing weight.

personally, i have found that my tattoos have not "warped" with weight gains or losses, however i will say that the train on my left calf was done when i was heavier and bothered me a lot less than the one i got on my right calf after losing 30 pounds.
  • TM2794
    TM2794 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1. I have a butterfly and star on my hip, it was my first tattoo. I got them because my childhood idol has them on his hand.
    2. A rose on my left shoulder blade because rose is my grandmother's name.
    3 A martini glass on my wrist because martini is my last name!
    4. dreamcatcher feathers on my right shoulder blade.
    5. the (jewel) lyrics "my hands are small i know but they're not yours they are my own" on my neck, meaning that i have flaws but they are mine to deal with so nobody has the right to judge me!

:)

I plan to get a half sleeve sometime after i reach my goal weight! (moon, wolves, dreamcatcher, etc)
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have four, and am planning a fifth which is a full back piece, a tree I designed years ago. If I ever lose all of the weight I want, there'll be a fifth, which will be a geisha that decorates the full of my left hip.

What I have right now:

1) A First Nations-Inspired (Native Art Insired, for our neighbours in the South) butterfly that I designed when I was 15. It's on my lower back.
    2) An Alpha/Omega that I got when I turned 22. It's upper back, just below my neck.
    3) A tattoo in ancient greek text which reads: "Freedom through submission, power through trust, love through faith"
    4) My medic-alert tattoo on my left wrist.
  • Hibiscus1984
    Options
    I have eight, mostly on my back and ribs, one on each ankle. I really wish I could get a sleeve started but working in banking means I'd never be able to wear a sleeveless shirt again. That is not something I can deal with living in Georgia!