New Moon :)

Options

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend dragged me to see Twilight. Then this weekend he dragged me - kicking and screaming - to see New Moon. :sick:

I'm not really sure why Bella and Edward always seemed to be hyperventilating when they talked. Or why no one would give Edward some Chapstick (if vampires can go to school or be doctors, they can wear Chapstick, darn it). Or why - oh why - Edward and Bella seemed so stressed out all the darn time! It stressed ME out!

I was, however, thankful that most of the movie Bella was with the werewolf boy and actually showed a little bit of a personality and a smile! I appreciated the little bit of humor, but was sad when no one in the theater giggled at the elevator scene.

The ending was a huge ... I don't know ... it was just weird. I'm going to spoil it, so don't read any further if you don't want to know the ending. :wink: But it was kind of like ... "I'll give up my soul! Yeah! I'll be damned for all eternity! Let's do it!!" "Will you marry me?" "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........." Let's think on THAT big life-changing question till the next movie. :laugh:

Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate the movies, LOL. But, I still can't come to terms with a vampire that glitters and looks so horribly sick. Poor guy.
  • jhall1980
    Options
    My husband wants nothing to do with it... & actually I want him to want nothing to do with it lol
    When he watched Twilight with me all he did was talk crap & I will NOT have him doing that during New Moon!
    He thinks i'm a big nerd when it comes to the whole Twilight thing & tells me it everyday lol

Mine is the same way, but he got offended when he found out I was going with a friend instead of him!! I said "you dont like it, its not going to be fun for me to sit next to you during a movie that I'm REDICULOUSLY excited about knowin that you're miserable!"

FYI: I saw it Friday (left work early to beat the teeny-bopper crowd... no offense to any teeny-boppers reading this!) it was FANTASTIC! only a few slight changes from the book, now I can't wait for the next one!!!!!!!!

Mine knew I wasn't gonna ask him to go. I let him be the babysitter for the night lol. We went to the first show at midnight. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm not a fan of crowds. but I think I handled it pretty well. i would do it again. My sister & I are actually going again on Wednesday to see it again.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    But, I still can't come to terms with a vampire that glitters and looks so horribly sick. Poor guy.

LMAO! I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby is horrably confused by all of that. I have a slight obsession with vampire books, movies & tv shows and he'll sit and watch them with me sometimes and will ask questions of why this movie has vampires passed out cold all day long, and in this other one they're just mildly light sensative ect.. ect... he could NOT understand the glittering vampire in this one... I truly wonder what Stephanie Meyer was on when she came up with it. According to her website she had a dream about the scene in the first book/movie where they're laying in the "special" clearing and he's glittering... I've heard ambien gives you funky dreams... maybe thats it!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I saw the movie Saturday night and was severely disappointed. I couldn't figure out why, but I think after reading this thread, a few things have been brought to light.

1. Edward really IS so bland in this movie. I almost would've rather NOT had him in this movie at all - he was just so boring. He is so loveable in Twilight. Okay, okay, I know that he isn't the main focus in New Moon, but even when they were at the Volturi he was boring. I wish they wouldn't have had him confess his undying love for Bella right away. I like in the book how she has to guess about it unil they get back to Forks.

2. Its a connector movie. Just like its a connector book. In my opinion, its the worst of the four and there just isnt a WHOLE lot you can do about that.

3. The cougar joke. I didn't think it really belonged. Its a trendy term, should've left that out.

4. If you hadn't read the books, you probably wouldn't understand the movie. I left feeling like the scenes were so jumpy...which I guess is how the book is. But, I just had the feeling that I would be so confused and bored if I wasn't a Twilight lover.

But, I admit that I was tired and distracted by other things so that may have something to do with it. I will see it again, of course...and buy it, of course. I'm kind of sad Eclipse is coming out in June..I wanted to anticipate Eclipse for a whole year :(

I'll also give credit where credit is deserved.

1. KRISTEN STEWART IS SO MUCH BETTER IN NEW MOON! Her acting definitely improved. Not great, but better.

2.TAYLOR LAUTNER IS BEAUTIFUL. Too bad I feel like a perv saying that. He is an amazing Jacob.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I saw it Saturday with my bff. The audience actually CLAPPED (and hooped and hollared) when Jacob first took his shirt off. And as the noise was dying down, some lady yelled out "Yall he's a CHILD!!" and everyone laughed. although it took a few minutes to understand what she said, it sounded like "he's a CHOW" and I thought it had something to do with him being a dog/werewolf thing....

And I thought it was incredibly funny that there was complete silence when Edward took his shirt off later in the movie...

You can tell they spent more on the special effects for this movie, which was good. The girl who plays Bella (Kristen Stewart) was the worst possible choice for the lead female character (my opinion only!! don't get your panties in a bunch!). My friend and I constantly make fun of how she breaths really hard between words when she's trying to show any emotion. Although I'm not sure who would be a better replacement. I think she looked a lot like how Bella should look so now I can't imagine replacing her with a different face.

I not getting my panties in a bunch lol, but i'm just curious if you read the books?
    I did not personally like Kristen Stewart for the part of Bella either when I first seen twilight, but then I read the books. In my opinion she plays the part great, because in the book thats exactly how she acts. Always sighing & breathing like that. I was just curious.
    I loved the movies & the books. They are a must read if you haven't already :happy:

Again...this is just my opinion...you and I don't have to agree

yeah, I read the books about a year ago....decided not to re-read them before the movie came out because more often than not, movies don't do books justice

and yeah, Bella really got on my nerves in the book too....always seems to be the stupid the damsel in distress...I like a strong female character...she finally gets on my good side in the 3rd and 4th books
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    When you all read the books....did you imagine Bella screaming THAT loud and obnoxious in her nightmares? Those parts...Kristin Stewart completely annoyed me. I kept thinking "no one screams like that in their dreams"....she was overly dramatic. I don't mind Kristin Stewart, because I think she is usually a lot like I pictured her from the books as Bella. But, the screaming scenes were pretty much the only thing that bothered me from this one. Aside the fact that I wish that Edward was more like I imagined him in the books....but I still love these movies. I guess because I've read the books I can fill in the blanks....

But overall, I will definitely see it again sometime soon... I love the Twilight series!
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I saw the movie on premier night and fell in love with it! I'm hoping to go again later this week, probably Wednesday or Thursday! :smile:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    When you all read the books....did you imagine Bella screaming THAT loud and obnoxious in her nightmares? Those parts...Kristin Stewart completely annoyed me. I kept thinking "no one screams like that in their dreams"....she was overly dramatic.

AGREED
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    Honestly, I kinda liked that part simply because it showed how much pain Bella was in. I guess that is one thing I really liked about the movie. When Edward leaves Bella and the months are passing like the blank pages in the book, you can really tell she is hurting. When she is screaming in her dreams it shows the agony she is in. I dunno, just my opinion.

Anyone think seeing Edward and Vampire Bella frolicking through the woods looked straight up STUPID??? Because I did. It was laughable.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see New Moon. I absolutely loved the books and I am really hoping that i will get to see New Moon in the theater. I didn't get to see twilight until it came out on dvd and I really wished I had seen it on the big screen. I'm really excited to have read in one of the posts that Eclipse comes out in June??? I love that - I have such a hard time waiting a whole year.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I kinda liked that part simply because it showed how much pain Bella was in. I guess that is one thing I really liked about the movie. When Edward leaves Bella and the months are passing like the blank pages in the book, you can really tell she is hurting. When she is screaming in her dreams it shows the agony she is in. I dunno, just my opinion.

Anyone think seeing Edward and Vampire Bella frolicking through the woods looked straight up STUPID??? Because I did. It was laughable.

I guess the screaming reminded me of more of someone in complete horror (maybe getting chased by a serial killer)... I know she is in great pain...but I imagined it more of a whimpering which turns into more sobbing than screaming. I don't imagine myself screaming because of a broken heart...I could see myself sobbing and hyperventilating (sp) though. Of course, this is just my opinion. My friend said the screaming made her think about her pain more as well...so I can see both sides. :)

And yes....I laughed really hard when they were frolicking in the woods...hahaha
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    I agree. It was definitely a horror movie scream, haha.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

I guess the screaming reminded me of more of someone in complete horror (maybe getting chased by a serial killer)... I know she is in great pain...but I imagined it more of a whimpering which turns into more sobbing than screaming. I don't imagine myself screaming because of a broken heart...I could see myself sobbing and hyperventilating (sp) though. Of course, this is just my opinion. My friend said the screaming made her think about her pain more as well...so I can see both sides. :)

And yes....I laughed really hard when they were frolicking in the woods...hahaha

The screaming drove me crazy. It was kinda ridiculous...but I think she was dreaming about someone hurting Edward...then again, when Edward was actually being hurt, did she scream like that? I don't think so. lol
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    The scene with Bella and Edward frolicking in the forest was seriously the most rediculous scene in the movie. I actually said out loud that is so stupid! Everyone in the theatre didn't really like it either. When that scene came on everyone started laughing and talking crap about it. I agree that New Moon was a connector between Twilight and Eclipse...it definitely wasn't my favorite of the books.
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    SO dumb. Does everyone think Rob and Kristen are actually together? She seems so boring and awkward in every interview she does....but all of her castmates love her.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    If they are together...who cares!!! I don't. Maybe the reason she seems so boring and akward in interviews is that she isn't used to it or doesn't like that sort of thing. She obviously doesn't have that bubbly personality that a lot of actors do. Definitely not the norm in Hollywood. haha
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    SO dumb. Does everyone think Rob and Kristen are actually together? She seems so boring and awkward in every interview she does....but all of her castmates love her.

I hope he would have a little more clas but hey, they're young. Also, I am appalled that Ashley Greene did a centerfold for Maxim. I couldn't believe that she would do something like that, she seems classy not trashy, oh well. That's what happens when fame settles in (and yes, I know it's not like playboy but still it was quite revealing).
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    Oh, lord! I didn't know she did that. That is very disappointing. If anyone was doing that, I thought it would be Nikki Reed. I mean seriously...has anyone seen thirteen? She CO-WROTE it when she was only 15!!!!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Oh, lord! I didn't know she did that. That is very disappointing. If anyone was doing that, I thought it would be Nikki Reed. I mean seriously...has anyone seen thirteen? She CO-WROTE it when she was only 15!!!!!!

Haven't watched it and I probably won't. She's not one of my fave actresses (granted she did do a pretty good job being Rosalie).
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I saw it yesterday during matinee, so there were no screaming teenage girls to interrupt my googly-eyes with Jacob and Edward. I liked the movie, but I just felt like nothing important happened. It felt like it was a connecter between the 1st and 3rd movies, but I dunno how to explain it really...I am going to read the books over Christmas break which I am assured are so much better than the movies and make way more sense.

But I must say JACOB IS FREAKING HOT! That is so wrong too b/c he is the age of my younger brother :noway: Edward is tooooo absent in this movie and I missed him the whole time. I hope the books are as amazing as everyone says they are! I am a big HP fan so Twilight has A LOT to live up to...

I saw it on Saturday and I really enjoyed most of it. I will definitely agree my favorite part was anytime Jacob took off his shirt!!! That boy was entirely tooo hot!!!:noway: :love: :blushing: I'm going to buy the books over Christmas and start reading them...