Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Options

Replies

• shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Introvert.

Generally, it people steal my energy. All people. It takes a lot of energy for me just to talk. People around me have no idea how hard it is for me to form a sentance. I am at work all day long in an extrovert environment. I have to talk to people all day. Communication is a huge part of my job. When I get home from work, I shut down completely. It's really ahrd for people in my life to understand that I need to recharge, and it takes a while. It's not just liek 15 minutes. It takes time. And, I'm not happy about having to talk. I just like to be quiet and have time alone.

Fortunately, I can do that about half the time now.

I find it difficult to be in a relationship being the way that I am. It just doesn't really fit. I require a lot of down time. More than most normal people. It's not a physical thing at all. My body is ready to get up and go, but my mind needs a rest from the noise.

I'm the same way. I require lots of time to myself. I have always been that way, and thought something was wrong with me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Introvert.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I'm an innie but I like outties
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Extrovert. My husband doesn't like to leave me alone at places because he knows when he comes back there's a good chance I've started talking to someone :laugh:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Introvert
  • anfechtungen
    Options
    Sometimes the whole introvert/extrovert thing seems to be a false dichotomy like Democrat/Republican!

Since I suffer from a terminal condition called Engineering Career Syndrome (not sure what color ribbon that gets...), I must be an introvert of the most pernicious kind. Reminds me of my favorite joke about engineers:

Q: How can you tell if an engineer is extroverted?

A: Because when they talk to you, they stare at YOUR shoes rather than their OWN!

And one other thing....how can ANYONE be introverted in this Brave New World of Facebook? I have hundreds of "friends"!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Used to be an introvert but now am an extrovert.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Introvert. I have crushes all the time and then retreat like lightning when the person shows any interest in me!! lol:noway:...but i dont like doing a lot of fun stuff alone.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I'm an introvert.
    I love to be alone.
    I'm extremely awkward.
    It's an effort to make conversation with people.
    I'm afraid of people.
    I hide out in my room and watch movies for days sometimes.
    I like to workout ALONE.
    I don't like to spend too much time with friends.
    I hate small talk.

I love being an introvert :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I am so shy.....:noway:
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Introvert. INTJ. Leave me alone.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I took the Myers Briggs at work last year...100% Extrovert! But even I still need some peace and quiet every now and then!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good question . . .
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm an extrovert. Myers-Briggs ENTP..
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert.
    I like time to myself.
    I like peace and quiet.
    I don't like crowds.
    I prefer small get togethers to parties.
    I shy away from the spotlight.
    I prefer talking to someone one on one than many people in a group because I get a.d.d. and easily distracted.
    I like being aroun people but only in small doses.
    I'm a homebody, but sometimes I get cabin fever.
    I can't stand people who are clingy and are co-dependent because I'm not.
    I'm a deep, internal thinker. I observe rather than talk in group settings.
    If I don't get time to myself, I get cranky.
    I don't mind going to movies by myself.

I'm about the same exact as you.
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    People suck the life force out of me but I must like it because I place myself in social settings all the damn time:grumble:
  • amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Shy introvert.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Extrovert. However, I do prefer a quiet day at home with the family as opposed to some lame party.

Me too!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised to see so many introverts here. I am a huge introvert--like DangerSass said, people suck the life force out of me! I prefer to be with my hubby and the rest of my family and avoid social gatherings for the most part, but I don't mind doing dinner with another couple now and again. That said, I did have a blast at the Glow Run Saturday night, in the midst of about 3500 other people, but I don't think I talked to anyone outside of my party. I always tell my hubby I'd be perfectly content to live on a deserted island as long as I have internet and can keep in touch with people that way.
  • marvelscale
    Options
    Introvert, ISTP - computers literally are my friends :laugh: