Any Cosplayers here?

Options
Hey Y'all

So, I've been wanting to dabble in some decent cosplay for years and with me losing some weight I think it would be awesome.
What ones have you guys done?

I want to do Captain America, Ironman, Colossus and a few others

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I have never been able to make it to an anime convention but I would do Honey-sempai from Ouran High School (I already have the stuffed rabbit), I would like to do Ponyo, Tsukasa from Lucky Star, Chie from Persona 4 or Yukari from Persona 3, Sailor Moon and the list goes on if I think hard enough. Sadly, I'd have to lose a lot of weight to look good in any of these cosplays and have to get off work to attend a convention. *le siiiigh*
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I've never really been all that interested in Cosplay UNTIL I started this journey...I'd love to go out in a hot costume when I'm able to :)
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love this topic!

I cosplay as Harley Quinn, but currently it's a dress version based off her BTAS series classic costume. I am no where near comfortable enough to walk about in a spandex jumpsuit, but that's the goal and honestly a very large motivator for getting into shape!
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm not so much after all-out cosplay as just a geeky costume.... but I'm working on Chell (from the video games Portal and Portal 2)
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I never have myself, but I've done some really fun makeup for a few cosplayers. (I'm a makeup artist)
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I want to be jesus from the bible! - Fictional characters right? good =]
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to cosplay but have been too self-conscious to do it. However, when I reach my goal weight or close to it, I'm going to cosplay for the first time. ACEN is after school is over so I want to go there for the first time. I would really like to cosplay Kirito from Sword Art Online, but I'll have to see who I meet at my new University and if any will cosplay with me ^^
  • MikeMadness
    Options
    I see all these people having all this fun and it makes me feel upset inside since I know that I could never pull off the best I could. I'm very much so a perfectionist in the sense that I want to look as close to the comic book/film as I possibly can. Luckily, once I've lost the extra pounds and tightened up these muscles I'll be the perfect size for most of the Cosplay stuff I want to do.

First up. Captain America. :D

capmike!.jpg
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I love this topic!

I cosplay as Harley Quinn, but currently it's a dress version based off her BTAS series classic costume. I am no where near comfortable enough to walk about in a spandex jumpsuit, but that's the goal and honestly a very large motivator for getting into shape!

I would love to cosplay Harley as well. :D
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Cosplay.com ... Super entertaining.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    The only one I've ever considered doing is Pam Poovey from Archer. Pretty sure I could hack it.

tumblr_lzwhzpgv3U1qjhttjo1_500.gif
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    There really isn't much convention action in NL and I can never make it to the Toronto one. I tend to dress up for Halloween though. Last year was Psylocke, before that Poison Ivy. I'm thinking Miss Jupiter this year.
  • Joethebull
    Options
    I have dressed up as Kakashi from Naruto and one time as Ryu. The Ryu one sucked lol
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Omg I love it. I have done the Crow a lot, even though I'm a girl. But there were female Crows. I have also done a Jedi Knight. I would love to do Lulu from FFX, Rainbow Brite (the more adult version), Sailor Moon or Jupiter, Padme in the Rainbow Lake Dress (would love to get married in that) and also some Phantom of the Opera Christine stuff. Would like to do a lot more but I need the body for it, and it just isn't happening. Though this year if I can get into the outfit I'm so gonna try and get the plus size ghostbuster women's outfit. Cause my boyfriend and I are going to a haunted house inside a run down prison (I ghost hunt there regularly) and I think it would be funny to show up in a ghostbusters costume!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i just made the ringblade for my tira halloween costume. halloween and cosplayin= same thing to me
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i just made the ringblade for my tira halloween costume. halloween and cosplayin= same thing to me

Is it ok if I say I love you oooor....?
    Because seriously, Tira is fantastic.
    And Halloween can totally count! Most people don't have the time to go to cons often so why not use your skills on Halloween!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    The only one I've ever considered doing is Pam Poovey from Archer. Pretty sure I could hack it.

Holy *kitten* snackin' crackers!!!

I love me some Pam! :-)
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Holy *kitten* snackin' crackers!!!

I love me some Pam! :-)

She is kinda my hero. Haha.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been Death from Sandman, 1/2 of the Mothra twins, and I'm putting together an outfit to be Dr. Girlfriend.
  • frankensteinsbride28
    Options
    I love this topic!

Harley is my cosplay as well! I have a few different variations of her. I would love to see some pics!