What's the single biggest change you've made?

Options
1235»

Replies

• lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    cutting out white flour as much as possible andthe #1 thing weighing and measuring all my food..every day all the time. Portion size for me was way out of whack. ate WAY more than I should have. cut WAY down on eating out cook as fresh as I can.less processed foods. turns out if I cook fresh , I can have alot more to eat for my cals! love it.
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only eat natural products or items with no more than six ingredients. I have cut out all sugar, refined products and heavy carbs - breads, pasta, pastry. (I have not had alcohol in 17 years, bar one glass!). I have one meal a week where I have anything I want, but I have still found I can't eat heavy carbs, so my preference is good quality chocolate :)

I am going for a clean and lean (James Duigan), lifestyle change. So far 19 days in and 12lbs down. only minimal exercise as I injured my back and I am currently on heavy painkillers. BUT I will be running in a 10k on 7th October, hence starting to walk again.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My biggest victory so far I believe is stopping snacking when I'm not hungry.

I used to snack on really unhealthy things (crisps (potato chips), chocolate, biscuits (cookies), sweets (candy), cereal, ice cream) throughout the day, every day. It just seemed like my mouth got bored of having nothing to do so I would be constantly grazing on something whilst going about my daily activities. I know I wasn't really hungry, because if I was snacking and you suggested to me "have a piece of fruit", I wouldn't be interested. Also, I was eating 3 full meals a day, with overly big portion sizes, so I can't have been hungry.

I began weaning myself off of the snacks by chewing gum all day long. It gave my mouth something to do so I wasn't thinking about snacking. Sooner or later, I would be able to only have one or two pieces of gum a day, until I stopped eating it altogether.

Now I only eat snacks when I have to up my calorie intake, and it's usually fruit, frozen yoghurt instead of ice cream, low-calorie cereal bars instead of biscuits, and low-calorie baked snacks or cassava snacks instead of crisps.