How much do you aim to burn every day?

Options
13»

Replies

• blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I generally try to do hard day / soft day. A hard day is between 800-1200 calories, a soft day is just over 300. It stops me getting burned out, or losing my rhythm with exercising.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I aim to burn an additional 400-450 with each workout (5-6 days/week).
  • JessV_83
    JessV_83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The Sjoe was a give away. Good to see more SOuth Africans here! I am from Cape Town

LOL, I realised after I posted that I was using a word that only South Africans would understand, haha!

Debra is in Eastern Cape, I'm in Gauteng. :-D
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1500 on the days I run and 400 on my off days.
    I run 3-4 days a week and mountain bike the other 3.
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options

I agree with all the above!, and my own lil quirk is seeing ppl track house work or something they'd be doing anyway. I mean good for you but, house cleaning hasn't helped you thus far, why track it now...? lol

I was totally laughing at this!
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I burn about 250 per day w/ a fast-paced walk every morning. For me it's the consistency that matters. Also, working out first thing in the morning gets your metabolism going.

The CONSISTENCY part is key. A monday - Sunday thing. I used to quit at Saturday and start again on Tuesday. Doesnt work.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

I agree with all the above!, and my own lil quirk is seeing ppl track house work or something they'd be doing anyway. I mean good for you but, house cleaning hasn't helped you thus far, why track it now...? lol

I was totally laughing at this!

lol - but hey, i guess if you NEVER clean & you get down & dirty one day as a method of exercise... more power to ya...