Determined to stick to it :D

Hello everyone,
I'm Lemonia, 18 y.o this March, from Greece.
I've had my mfp account for a year now, but I never really took it seriously, always quiting after a week or two. But I know now that I have to do this, and I will do this. I' ve been living in denial for the last 4 years and didn't want to admit to myself that I was extremely out of shape and kept gaining weight. I'm currently 180 lbs (and not happy) and my goal is to gradually make it to 165, 150, 130 lbs and depending on how it goes, maybe even less. I don't want to dream big, because I know it won't be easy so I've decided to follow a herbalife program and return to the days when i used to exercise on daily basis.
Most importantly, though, I know that this time will be different because it's the first time I seek support and motivation and I hope I'll make some great friends here.. can't wait~!

PS1
This year (2012-2013) is my last year of school. This means that around May, I'll be giving my final exams, the ones that determine which university I'll attend. *super nervous*. 60% of Greek students gain a lot of weight during this year, so I hope I'll be an exception.

PS2
Sorry for the never-ending post. Feel free to add me and share your story with me... -i'm a good listener.

Replies

• You sound very determined!!
  • Hope it stays that way :)
    I usually get over-excited and quit it, but I feel it's different this time.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Do not hope it stays that way; make it stay that way. You are determined, so it WILL happen. Yes, you will have random days where things fall apart, but you will succeed in the overall weight loss goal. That's the key; at least it is for me: focus on the big picture and be kind to yourself. do the best you can each day, and never let one bad DAY become a bad WEEK.

I played the denial game for years, too. Got serious now that DH and I want to have a baby. Also dieted and given up a lot in my past. MFP definitely is different; it doesn't feel like a diet. I've never lost this much weight in my adult life through healthy means, and I can't believe I've been going at it for over 6 months now. I've never done a "diet" this long. Good luck; the support of friends on the community will help.

Feel free to friend me if you think I can help you on your journey.
  • Do not hope it stays that way; make it stay that way. You are determined, so it WILL happen. Yes, you will have random days where things fall apart, but you will succeed in the overall weight loss goal. That's the key; at least it is for me: focus on the big picture and be kind to yourself. do the best you can each day, and never let one bad DAY become a bad WEEK.

I played the denial game for years, too. Got serious now that DH and I want to have a baby. Also dieted and given up a lot in my past. MFP definitely is different; it doesn't feel like a diet. I've never lost this much weight in my adult life through healthy means, and I can't believe I've been going at it for over 6 months now. I've never done a "diet" this long. Good luck; the support of friends on the community will help.

Feel free to friend me if you think I can help you on your journey.

Added you already :)
    Thanks for your post, it's very inspiring!