What are your top 3 weightloss/fitness tips?

Options

Replies

• coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Exercise at least 4 times a week
    Drink lots of water
    Eat less or proportionally
    Great workout playlist
    And if you have one bad day get back on track asap
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1-set your activity level at sedentary so mfp will not assume what you are doing for activities. That lowers the calories and makes you realize you do have to exercise to get more calories.

2-track, on mfp, every piece of food you put in your mouth and keep it under, no matter what! (means you have to plan)

3-change up the exercise to work harder in short intervals and surprise your metabolism! Keep doing that every week!

Great job
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Eat less
    Move more

Calories in calories out
    depending on whiich is more and which is less will dictate whether you gain, lose, or maintain!
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sooo.....if yall are saying burn more than what you put in...if I eat 1200 calories a day, I should burn 1300? Wouldn't that be bad as a net calorie of -100? Maybe I'm just not comprehending... Help?
  • gwoods
    gwoods Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you are eating dinner and you are full but still have food left on the plate, place 2 hand on the edge of the table and push yourself back and get up!!!!
  • beingfitroxx
    beingfitroxx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
    2. Drink water (take your weight, divide it by two, and these are the # of ounces of water you should have)
    3. Exercise 3-5x a week, with mixing of stretching, yoga, running and weights.

I was used to only getting 3-4 hours a sleep every night. I used to work 60+ hours per week. It was great, money was good, but my body took a hit.

When I started sleeping more, I noticed it automtically burned some weight and me feel a lot more rejuvenated and refreshed!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    1. Keep it simple.
    2. Be consistent, but not neurotic.
    3. Live your life.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Eat less

Move more

Celebrate every victory, big or small
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    patience
    consistency
    lifestyle change not a diet
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Whatever your normal exercise is, do something different. I've read that our bodies get used to the same routines and work outs when we do them a lot, so change it up. Add more weights, try something new you haven't done before. Challenge your body to burn the calories :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    1. Fuel yourself (more then your BMR, preferably net well over it, and less then TDEE).
    2. Try to get all your vitamins/nutrients every day (and make sure if you're going by MFP to go over on protein, 1.8g/kg body mass for me)
    3. Do cardio and resistance, they're good for your body, but give your body breaks. (If you do 3, make sure you do 1).
  • bobbymathews
    bobbymathews Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1) Burn more calories than you put into your body.

2) Vary your workout routines. (This keeps away boredom *and* helps you get into shape.)

3) Don't fall for fads or gimmicks like "30 day shred" or "insanity" or whatever. Instead, work your *kitten* off. Be consistent in your diet and exercise regimen. THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1.) Eat clean
    2.) Do varied workouts......50% weight bearing
    3.) Enjoy the things you do!
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Write it down, weigh it, measure it out. The only real way to track your calories and macros.
    Stop looking for excuses why you can't, find reasons you can.
    Nude photos. There are apps to lock them up but clothes hide the truth. Take new ones every other week. Look at them for areas you've made progress. Find the good news in them, don't immediately search for the bad.

True. Weighing = accuracy. Too many people have a really bad eye for what 1 cup or 8 oz is. Once I started weighing my food I realized I had been under-reporting my meals and not getting the results I wanted.
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat as accurately as possible
    Invest in an HRM.. it is a great tool to know your calories burned, most effective exercises, and to push yourself higher
    Lift weights, check out cross fit, mix up your exercise, try new things.

This is so not boring..

Hezz

HRM = Accuracy, too.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat as accurately as possible
    Invest in an HRM.. it is a great tool to know your calories burned, most effective exercises, and to push yourself higher
    Lift weights, check out cross fit, mix up your exercise, try new things.

This is so not boring..

Hezz

HRM = Accuracy, too.
    For cardio burns, HRMs are great since it uses math based on cardio burns. However, they over estimate calories for resistance/weight training.
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think I need to take on new advice to try and shift my last bit of weight.

4 months weighing exactly the same so I definately need to shake it up a little, so what are your top 3 tips you give to anyone that asks for advice?

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I appreciate the help too. I have made a list of all the suggestions and will hang them on my fridge. I don't think I can really add anything new so I will just give cudos to those that have posted. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I think I need to take on new advice to try and shift my last bit of weight.

4 months weighing exactly the same so I definately need to shake it up a little, so what are your top 3 tips you give to anyone that asks for advice?

I just had a look through your food diary for the past week or so, and I would say you need to cut down on your carbs and stop the sweet treats! An occasional treat is fine, but don't make it every day!

Up your protein, eat more veggies, and eat something healthier for breakfast. Eggs or porridge fill you up and are high in protein. If you have a latte, get it skinny and only have one a day.
  • bblich02
    bblich02 Posts: 57
    Options
    Have a plan
    Prepare in advance and stick to plan
    Stay patient/ consistent

Agreed!!!!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Make it a priority.