Multivitamins make my stomach hurt :(

Options
13»

Replies

• JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamins like Centrum make me feel like I have to puke & pass out. A guy at a local vitamin shop told me it was because Centrum vitamins are synthetic. He recommended that I stop taking them and instead try vitamins that are 'natural'.
    For the last 5 years I have only consumed those types of vitamins and haven't had any issues. I recently switched to eating chewable gummy vitamins (by VitaFusion) and they don't make me feel sick.
    Another good brand is Solaray. They will make your tinkle smell strong like vitamins but they make you feel great. I stopped taking them b/c they are a little pricey.
  • HALOSandBROOMSTICKS
    Options
    For those of you that like the Adult Gummy vitamins, check your Dr. or a Nutritionist. I see a Nutritionist at Cedar-Sinai in Los Angeles and she highly discourages the use of Gummies. They do not have the same absorbtion rates as non-gummy chewables and standard swallow vitamins.

I do not know the specifics other then what I posted and just thought I would share what I know . =)
  • sally884
    sally884 Posts: 51
    Options
    Same here! I have to lay down for an hour after taking one. What worked for me was cutting it in half and I had no trouble. I always take it after eating a big meal. Hope this helps!