Bowel issues...

Options
124»

Replies

• BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but ask your doc about gastroparysis. I just had a study done and have always had bowel issues. I am now having surgery to correct this issue along with hiatal hernia repair. All of the testing I had to do kind of sucks, but as soon as I have surgery the end results will be worth it. No more food staying stuck in my throat and stomach, no more almost vomitting when I'm working out due to food not being digested fast enough, no more not going to the bathroom regularily, no more chest pains or acid reflux. Hope this was helpful, sometimes doctors don't think of underlying issues. Get a second opinion if in doubt like I did :) good luck!
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Try Kimche or Kombuka
    Kimche is a dish of fermented veggies while Kombuka is a fermented tea. I work with families of special needs adults many of whom have gut issues. Both can be found in many supermarkets and I know families who make their own. You can also try senna tea, an herbal tea, drunk daily it can help.
  • melissancarrera
    melissancarrera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is a great tea that you can buy in most Asian variety shops or depending on where you live at a grocery store. It is called SME tea. It comes in a green box. I use it once a week or two as a cleanser. It literally takes a few hours to work and then you flush your entire system. Best $5 you'll ever spend. There are 24 tea bags per box and all natural.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a good doctor if he told you once a week was ok. Just think of all the CRAP building up in your body when you don't go! What goes in must come out (or at least some of it)!

What are your qualifications?
    Smiling. I often wonder that on here.